talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

No Respect for German Top-Flight Clubs in Europe

football forum

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I think the language barrier is one reason for it, as well. The Bundesliga made huge improvements in recent years when it comes to international marketing, translating and creating original content and providing services and support in English as well as other languages, but it is still below par, in my opinion. If you want to increase popularity and outreach of the league overseas, you have to make it easily accessible for the fans there; and I'm not talking only about matches on TV, but also ease of access to information. The EPL has a natural advantage here due to English being the global language, La Liga profits from huge football-obsessed Spanish-speaking world, while Italy and Germany trail behind in this aspect. 

Yes, language has a huge part to do with it. I am sure that the La Liga for example is the most popular European league in the Central and South American countries for example. While as you pointed out, with English being the main international language, the EPL is always going to have an advantage on that front. But yeah, language plays a huge part, I guess the Bundesliga could have done with Germany having more colonies in the past. :ph34r:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Spike said:

you freaks just have to agree that all leagues have ten metres of horseshit outside of the top and middling clubs. aah yes our brighton is so much better than alaves and mainz

This is a nice idea for a competition Bundesliga vs Premier League tag team elimination chamber. 

Teams from bottom of each league play each other, losing leagues next team up in the table plays until one has all it's teams eliminated. 

28 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

This is a nice idea for a competition Bundesliga vs Premier League tag team elimination chamber. 

Teams from bottom of each league play each other, losing leagues next team up in the table plays until one has all it's teams eliminated. 

That's a bit unfair because Schalke. 

45 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Problem is that no matter what, Bayern are the Triple H of the chamber :ph34r:

1 hour ago, McAzeem said:

Cup competitions aren't a great judge. Which is surely the point of the thread? There's only been 2 memorable German Champions League teams since the turn of the century, that doesn't mean the league is worse than Ligue 1 which has had 3 :ph34r:

Every country has a side who'll pull off an unexpected result. German sides are really good but what do you mean by getting credit? The last 10 CL winners has a German side winning it twice, on each occasion it was Bayern. 2 English sides and Spanish sides on 6 occasions. 

Archived