• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

House of Cards

Recommended Posts

New season started yesterday on Netflix.

Just about to start episode 3.

Anyone else watch it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, watched episodes 1-3 last night, solid start to the new season - interested to see if/how they manage to make it more shocking than the actual White House this year xD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RandoEFC said:

Yes, watched episodes 1-3 last night, solid start to the new season - interested to see if/how they manage to make it more shocking than the actual White House this year xD.

yeah, got a lot to live up to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first episode and it's so bad I don't think I'll be able to watch it all, okay it was always a little zany but the corridors of power, chicanery always had the appeal of being realistic. The last series was teetering on the edge of stupidity but this stuff is just absurd, taking over congress? Awful and it seems to be trying to set up some kind of Underwood dictatorship, 5 series a step too far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm five episodes in, not sure how I feel about it so far but those that have finished the season and have posted their feelings on the HoC sub-reddit seem to be overwhelmingly negative. No spoilers at least so will stick it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm five episodes in, not sure how I feel about it so far but those that have finished the season and have posted their feelings on the HoC sub-reddit seem to be overwhelmingly negative. No spoilers at least so will stick it out.

I've watched 7 episodes I think and not really enjoying it. Never been as big a fan of HoC as some, but will watch any political drama, particularly US politics. This so far has just been poor though. S1 of Designated Survivor much better. Nothing will ever come close to the West Wing though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Storts said:

I've watched 7 episodes I think and not really enjoying it. Never been as big a fan of HoC as some, but will watch any political drama, particularly US politics. This so far has just been poor though. S1 of Designated Survivor much better. Nothing will ever come close to the West Wing though 

Also watched designated survivor. Not keen on the overly dramatic American background music sometimes but a good series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Also watched designated survivor. Not keen on the overly dramatic American background music sometimes but a good series. 

Yeah - obviously can be a bit over the top and unrealistic at times, but thought it was a very well done series, until the ending. 

Have you watched the West Wing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Storts said:

Yeah - obviously can be a bit over the top and unrealistic at times, but thought it was a very well done series, until the ending. 

Have you watched the West Wing?

I haven't but have been recommended it by the 'rents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I haven't but have been recommended it by the 'rents.

Yeah, it's brilliant when you ever get a chance, very different to HoC and Designated Survivor, it's more realistic 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't get passed the 1st episode of the new season. Honestly, it felt like they were trying to provoke Trump into doing some outrageous shit - or they were just trying to be as ridiculous as possible to make up for the fact the real White House is basically a madhouse now. Either way, couldn't get into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is getting cancelled after the allegations against Kevin Spacey and his interaction with a 14 year old about 30 years ago were revealed in the last couple of days.

Shame for the rest of the cast to be honest as it was a brilliant show, even though it felt like it had gone on a season too long (they could have made Claire president earlier). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn’t say it was because of Spacey. They’d been toying with ending it for a while and decided to go with it due to the allegations. Ironically just like how Spacey came out.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Spacey, huh? I always liked him, and now he turns out to be a giant piece of shit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched the first two series and I've been very impressed. The first episode of the second series in particular had a 'wtf' moment I didn't see coming. I'm looking forward to see how the other series progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement