talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Lies....

You keep telling yourself that, it's the truth though. 

Can't knock the City fans for enjoying it so don't take it personal, but the football community and the view of the actual football elite clubs kinda of look at your success and null and void it really. 

If United or Liverpool would have done that domestic treble (your not having the community shield as a valid trophy) then it would have been a media circus, pull outs in the press etc...Maybe a tv special. 

I bet you'd find people across Europe didn't even know you did it given the lack on interest, I don't even remember the press making a big deal of it. 

Just now, Devil said:

Can't knock the City fans for enjoying it so don't take it personal, but the football community and the view of the actual football elite clubs kinda of look at your success and null and void it really. 

If United or Liverpool would have done that domestic treble (your not having the community shield as a valid trophy) then it would have been a media circus, pull outs in the press etc...Maybe a tv special. 

I bet you'd find people across Europe didn't even know you did it given the lack on interest, I don't even remember the press making a big deal of it. 

It is lies, we are the talk of the footballing world right now for good or bad reasons, everybody knows who Manchester City is and how good we are and united only made 40million more than us in revenue last year, we are catching you up in every regard, as a fellow Manc you should be happy the City's only professional club is doing so well instead of being a traitor and supporting a team from a neighboring borough 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It is lies, we are the talk of the footballing world right now for good or bad reasons, everybody knows who Manchester City is and how good we are and united only made 40million more than us in revenue last year, we are catching you up in every regard, as a fellow Manc you should be happy the City's only professional club is doing so well instead of being a traitor and supporting a team from a neighboring borough 

:rofl:

Catching United up in every regard.

The second part of your post I just ignore as it's the kind of childish stuff a 12 year old City fan had to use in school during the period you were crap and that was the only ammo they had to fire off in the class room. 

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

:rofl:

Catching United up in every regard.

The second part of your post I just ignore as it's the kind of childish stuff a 12 year old City fan had to use in school during the period you were crap and that was the only ammo they had to fire off in the class room. 

Rattled? :4_joy:

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Still funny the only thing separating City from continuous success vs being demoted to the Championship and barred from European competitions is the statute of limitations. xD

They may as well buy football mate, pathetic that video. 

Honestly once they do with the Champions league (which they will) how will the rest of Europe feel when they sustain success and make the Champions league a none event as well. Most clubs require a new defender in the summer, City just buy whole new defence and replace the current ones they've got.

They hide behind the fact they don't spend world record transfer fee's yet they know they have the ability to completely change the majority of their starting eleven in one transfer window. 

It's not a level playing field and it will never be a level playing field if it's allowed to continue. FFP was brought in to stop this nonsense and force the likes of City and PSG to only spend what they earn, level the playing field but City and PSG both found loop holes in the system. 

United, Liverpool, Bayern and so on have to spend what they earn otherwise they go out of business, City have a bottomless pit.

Edited by Devil

28 minutes ago, Devil said:

And they all know it xD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

And they all know it xD

Facts are facts mate, that guy is a realist clearly. 

Can't fault them for enjoying the ride but I bet deep down some City fans miss their club actually feeling respected and liked by other clubs fans. 

Kind of a sold your soul to the devil situation isn't it. 

Well, one thing you can not argue with ..Man City will always be Manchester's biggest club B|

And United will always be England's biggest and current most domestically successful club.

I think I may have top Trumpsed you there pal. 

You enjoy your Manchester borderline, it's about the only place you've got any fans world wide. Oh sorry I forgot about Stockport.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

And United will always be England's biggest and current most domestically successful club.

I think I may have top Trumpsed you there pal. 

You enjoy your Manchester borderline, it's about the only place you've got any fans world wide. Oh sorry I forgot about Stockport.

No you wont, 30 years and you will be in our shadow B|  ..are you sure you are a Manc?  you should be saying mate or Rkid  ..pal is very Bolton esq :35_thinking: 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

No you wont, 30 years and you will be in our shadow B|  ..are you sure you are a Manc?  you should be saying mate or Rkid  ..pal is very Bolton esq :35_thinking: 

South Manchester born and bread mate...

In 30 years I will likely be dead so your welcome to it...

That okay, Rkid (sorry I mean pal)

You are right though it is Bolton way that talk, I used to work with a lad from Little Hulton, think I must have caught it off him as I don't think I ever used that term before spending 10 years with him. 

1 minute ago, Devil said:

South Manchester born and bread mate...

In 30 years I will likely be dead so your welcome to it...

That okay, Rkid (sorry I mean pal)

You are right though it is Bolton way that talk, I used to work with a lad from Little Hulton, think I must have caught it off him as I don't think I ever used that term before spending 10 years with him. 

I lived in Little Hulton for 10 years, wasn't me was it? :4_joy:  ..it comes under Salford but your right, it's close to Bolton

I lived in Little Hulton for 10 years, wasn't me was it? :4_joy:  ..it comes under Salford but your right, it's close to Bolton

He was a Spurs fan weirdly enough. 

But given it was when City was crap it could have been you couldn't it, well known half of the current blue support are turn coats from other clubs. 

Actually just checked it was Little Lever not Little Hulton.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

He was a Spurs fan weirdly enough. 

But given it was when City was crap it could have been you couldn't it, well known half of the current blue support are turn coats from other clubs. 

Actually just checked it was Little Lever not Little Hulton.

I don't personally know a City fan that's changed teams so you talking rubbish, most loyal supporters on the planet, look how many numbers we got in the lower divisions and still hold the attendance record to this day outside of wembley  

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I don't personally know a City fan that's changed teams so you talking rubbish, most loyal supporters on the planet, look how many numbers we got in the lower divisions and still hold the attendance record to this day outside of wembley  

First highlight - Clearly it was a joke, honestly you've been rattled today you have...

Second highlight - What do you base that on if you don't mind me asking? attendance in the lower divisions? I suggest you read up United's history for one mate, when we were relegated we would turn a whole away stadium into a home ground but I couldn't make a bold claim like we are the most loyal supporters in the world because how on earth can you gauge that fact. Surely a die hard fans of some of these lower league clubs must be deemed more loyal due to the fact they could support a top flight club but choose to throw their support behind a team never likely to be shown on tv other than a miracle cup run.

Third highlight - Interesting fact that is, I actually didn't know that fair play to City. 

14 minutes ago, Devil said:

First highlight - Clearly it was a joke, honestly you've been rattled today you have...

Second highlight - What do you base that on if you don't mind me asking? attendance in the lower divisions? I suggest you read up United's history for one mate, when we were relegated we would turn a whole away stadium into a home ground but I couldn't make a bold claim like we are the most loyal supporters in the world because how on earth can you gauge that fact. Surely a die hard fans of some of these lower league clubs must be deemed more loyal due to the fact they could support a top flight club but choose to throw their support behind a team never likely to be shown on tv other than a miracle cup run.

Third highlight - Interesting fact that is, I actually didn't know that fair play to City. 

1) :4_joy: i dont get rattled ..at anything ;) 

2) Most loyal on the planet might be a stretch lol but we have always be a loyal bunch and supported the team in the bad times as well as the good

3) fun fact, uniteds highest attendance was also at Maine Road

Edited by Happy Blue

It's official

Man City title-winning centurion's team named greatest Premier League side of all-time

Well, GQ has stated how they really feel, in a list of the top 28 Premier League sides of all time. Who comes in at number one, you ask?

None other than Pep Guardiola’s Centurion Blues.

2017/18 was a remarkable season for Manchester City. The Premier League team of the year ended with five City players: Nicolas Otamendi, Kyle Walker, Kevin De Bruyne, David Silva, and Sergio Aguero.

But not only was the brand of football perhaps the most entertaining English football has ever seen, the sheer dominance of the Etihad side in Pep Guardiola’s second season in charge was quantified by records set one after another.

The Centurion’s laundry list of records set at the time looked something like this:

• First team to reach 100 points
  • Most consecutive wins (18)
  • Best goal difference (+79)
  • Biggest points margin (19)
  • Most wins (32)
  • Most goals (106)

Whether or not you personally believe the 2017/18 iteration of Guardiola’s City is the true ‘GOAT’, you can't argue with the statistics. And those statistics make it simple, The Centurion Blues were truly the best. 

It is worth mentioning that two other City teams featured in the top ten.

The 2018/19 City side came in at #4, and Roberto Mancini's 2011/2012 title winning team landed in the #10 spot. 

2008 United walks through that City team.

Rio and Vidic two of the best Cb's of all time. 

Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney.... 

Giggs, Scholes and Carrick

Van Der Saar

That team even walks through the 1999 team in my opinion. None of your City teams could compete, a prime top draw Chelsea couldn't for three years straight. 

38 minutes ago, Devil said:

2008 United walks through that City team.

Rio and Vidic two of the best Cb's of all time. 

Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney.... 

Giggs, Scholes and Carrick

Van Der Saar

That team even walks through the 1999 team in my opinion. None of your City teams could compete, a prime top draw Chelsea couldn't for three years straight. 

Don't be silly now, they only got 87pts and carricks rubbish btw   ..2017 City DESTROYS them!