talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Don't be silly now, they only got 87pts and carricks rubbish btw   ..2017 City DESTROYS them!

I know you are probably on another wind up and I'm most likely going to regret trying to debate this sensibly but why would points totals or winning margins be important?

Take the season before last, City ended up worthy Champions in one of the best neck and neck battles in years right down to the last day of the season

If Liverpool been poor, if City had got more points, if the winning margin had been bigger would that have made City a better team?

Sounds daft, right?:what:

6 minutes ago, Scouse_Mouse said:

I know you are probably on another wind up and I'm most likely going to regret trying to debate this sensibly but why would points totals or winning margins be important?

Take the season before last, City ended up worthy Champions in one of the best neck and neck battles in years right down to the last day of the season

If Liverpool been poor, if City had got more points, if the winning margin had been bigger would that have made City a better team?

Sounds daft, right?:what:

Shows how good and consistent that team was, has any team ever played better football than 2017/18 City?  ..the way that team played together would of beat 2008 united in my opinion, Pep really had us firing that season and landed 4 pieces of silverware and broke a pile of long standing records

Edited by Happy Blue

12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Shows how good and consistent that team was, has any team ever played better football than 2017/18 City?  ..the way that team played together would of beat 2008 united in my opinion, Pep really had us firing that season and landed 4 pieces of silverware and broke a pile of long standing records

In a word yes. I can't be arsed getting into it, it's all subjective, we could argue until the cows come home about different teams from different eras, I'll leave that to the deep thinkers at GQ.

I will just say that the City team the season before last was a great one, maybe because we pushed them down to the wire but as good as that team was it wouldn't have suddenly become a better team if we had been shite and you had clinched it much earlier.

Edited by Scouse_Mouse
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

We make enough of our own money now, daddy can keep his oil ;)  ..takes more than money though, united have spent the same but they are crap! :what:

I'm only joking mate. Pep said it the other day I was referring to that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Erling Haaland revealed to be in Man City supporter's group

Erling Haaland was part of a Manchester City supporters club on Facebook, until the relentless questions of when he was joining the Etihad club forced him to leave the group

B|

Manchester City are reportedly not going to go after Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe in this summer’s transfer window due to his wage demands.

Although Mbappe is approaching the final year of his PSG contract and could therefore be available for slightly cheaper as a result, it seems his wages will still be too much of an issue for City

That's disappointing if true :35_thinking: be a perfect fit for us

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Aguero confirmed leaving 

One of the best players of the Premier League era. Had longevity and in his prime he was sensational.

It's a shame he's never worked for Argentina, as if he did they most certainly would have won something.

Now the question, will he go to Barcelona or back home to Independiente? I think the former is more likely.

5 minutes ago, Mpache said:

One of the best players of the Premier League era. Had longevity and in his prime he was sensational.

It's a shame he's never worked for Argentina, as if he did they most certainly would have won something.

Now the question, will he go to Barcelona or back home to Independiente? I think the former is more likely.

Had Barca not elect Laporta, they probably would've signed him. Don't think Barca are daft enough to have an injury prone player like Aguero on massive wages.

Think he's going back to Argentina 

Edited by Cicero

8 hours ago, Stan said:

@El Profesor what do you know... 

Kayky is only 17. I have seen little of him, since he only recently has been promoted to Fluminense's first team. 

From what I heard, he's a huge talent. For some, the most promissing young brazilian player in a long time. He's a winger who dribbles and finishes very well.

It's a shame that he and Metinho are joining the City Group. Finishing their transition to professional football in Brazil is in my opinion a way better option from a development point of view. 

City Group has a terrible track record with young south american players. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Who is Kayky? Man City's newest signing known as the 'next Neymar' profiled

Man City announced Kayky's arrival from Fluminense on Friday.

Manchester City have announced the signing of Kayky from Fluminense.

The 17-year-old will join City at the end of the Brazilian domestic season and the deal is believed to be worth an initial £9m plus potential add-ons with Fluminese inserting a clause to receive 20 per cent of any future transfer fee.

Kayky has signed a five-year contract with the Blues, winning the race for his signature amid interest from various Spanish clubs.

Known as the 'next Neymar' in his homeland of Brazil, the raw teenage sensation has caused a stir on social media with his goals for Fluminese, often found effortlessly dancing past the opposition thanks to his outstanding skill and quick feet.