talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

44 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I want him to leave just so the league becomes competitive again.

When is it ever competitive? Other than Leicester the only teams in with a chance of winning it are oil clubs or Man Utd/Liverpool.

Tbh competitive should be the quality you can produce on somewhat of an equal playing field, not which team can spend half a billion to the title first.

12 minutes ago, Danny said:

When is it ever competitive? Other than Leicester the only teams in with a chance of winning it are oil clubs or Man Utd/Liverpool.

Tbh competitive should be the quality you can produce on somewhat of an equal playing field, not which team can spend half a billion to the title first.

By competitive I mean someone other than Man City and Liverpool who are about to become the only winners for the previous five seasons.

I imagine a title race like this season is more interesting for neutrals than the past 2 seasons were.

Don’t get me wrong, I loved running away with the league… but last season it felt like by the end of January the league winner was basically decided.

As for when there’s a next contender… I don’t think Chelsea are too far away, but it depends on who their new owner is and what they do. United always have the money to be considered contenders.

But even if Pep goes, City will always be favourites imo.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

By competitive I mean someone other than Man City and Liverpool who are about to become the only winners for the previous five seasons.

I do get that but I just feel like you can replace big club for big club and oil club for oil club and nothing really changes

On 17/04/2022 at 09:29, Rick said:

Pep couldn’t give a fuck about the FA cup. Not bringing DeBruyne, Rodri, Mahrez (earlier than 88th min) on in the second half shows it. He gave up on that game at half time. 

He gave up on that game before it started with that line up

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

on the NUFCtv live chat yesterday the most popular name thrown up as a fan target was Gabi Jesus.   That would be some signing

We are bringing in 2 striker's this summer so it could be possible. he's been played on the wings this season mostly but we are over loaded with wide options, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling, Greelish & Jesus ..maybe you could take Greelish too :35_thinking::4_joy:

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

We are bringing in 2 striker's this summer so it could be possible. he's been played on the wings this season mostly but we are over loaded with wide options, Foden, Mahrez, Bernardo, Sterling, Greelish & Jesus ..maybe you could take Greelish too :35_thinking::4_joy:

if Jesus comes he would likely play out wide to, unless we get Diaby.   Graelish with a loan and option maybe.   

City's owners doing more to aid Russia in Ukraine than Roman Abramovich: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-28/manchester-city-s-owner-helps-usher-more-russian-tycoons-to-uae

Interesting, I wonder if Zinchenko will say anything... after all, he did say a pretty recently "silence is violence" regarding the conflict. Seems weird that they'll probably remain unsanctioned despite this news tbh. It's the owner of a British business helping beat sanctioned people through British, EU, and US sanctions though... should get a response from the government.

10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rumour is Kyle Walker is likely out for the season & Stones is unlikely to make the match vs Leeds.

Waiting for the classic Pep move of midfielder playing defence and defenders moved to the midfield. This man cannot be stopped.

• Haha 1

pep is a good manager but I think at times he is a bit overcooked.   I thought Pellegrini was the City manager that turned them into a force, turned Yaya Toure and David Silva into a feared duo, it was a nightmare to be on the receiving end of ruthless footballing lessons.

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

pep is a good manager but I think at times he is a bit overcooked.   I thought Pellegrini was the City manager that turned them into a force, turned Yaya Toure and David Silva into a feared duo, it was a nightmare to be on the receiving end of ruthless footballing lessons.

I wouldn't say no to Mancini returning oneday

I don't want this to be misconstrued along the lines of me saying poor Pep, he has no money etc. This is purely away from the financial side of the game.

Manchester City's top goal scorer this season in the Premier League is Kevin de Bruyne who has scored 11 goals. That is 3 goals less than Liverpool's 3rd top goal scorer of the season. Man City have played this season without a recognised centre forward playing as a centre forward and have somehow still scored 2 goals less than Liverpool in the league who have Salah, Mane and Jota leading the line.

Pep Guardiola's coaching (his coaching to any Liverpool fans in here, not his transfer business or his net spend :ph34r:) is genuinely incredible, other than Gabriel Jesus who is not a prolific forward, Man City have been playing this season with a collection of wingers and attacking midfielders. Pep has had his front 3 playing with a number 9, a false 9, two false 9s and even no central forward/9/false 9....just two wingers and 3 centre mids behind them. They've been so powerful because each winger/attacking mid has seemed to manage to grab about 10 goals each. I'm not sure I've ever seen a team top of the table at this point in the season who do not play with a recognised centre forward. That is truly mad and a testament to Guardiola's coaching.

It will be interesting to see how they get on next season with Haaland, whether he improves the team in the way they are already playing or whether they have to reduce some of the current players playing time/ability to play in dangerous zones to allow for Haaland to take up a greater role.

• Upvote 1