talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester City 0-3 Chelsea - Saturday 20th November, 2021

football forums

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We could be here all day mate... at least it was only our keeper that wore gloves... 

I literally couldn't give a shit who wears gloves or not xD

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Leicester City 0-3 Chelsea - Saturday 20th November, 2021
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Where has it gone wrong? ..there was  a time i hated playing against you lot not so long ago

Been found out. Struggling to think of creative ways to break opposition down. 

What worries me is that we could be in a transition period and if we're not, we're about to be in one. Tielemans will be going in summer (if not sooner), Vardy, Kasper, Evans all reaching their twilight years. Can guess one of Fofana, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Pereira may possibly leave in the next 18-24 months. And if we don't get Europe that's just a catalyst for an exodus. 

Our recruitment has to be on point. More than it ever has been. And it's also why we have to get the next managerial appointment bang on too (if/when Rodgers goes). 

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Been found out. Struggling to think of creative ways to break opposition down. 

What worries me is that we could be in a transition period and if we're not, we're about to be in one. Tielemans will be going in summer (if not sooner), Vardy, Kasper, Evans all reaching their twilight years. Can guess one of Fofana, Ndidi, Soyuncu, Pereira may possibly leave in the next 18-24 months. And if we don't get Europe that's just a catalyst for an exodus. 

Our recruitment has to be on point. More than it ever has been. And it's also why we have to get the next managerial appointment bang on too (if/when Rodgers goes). 

Do you have much money to spend?  ..losing  Tielemans, Vardy, Kasper & Evans would be a huge loss for you, any kids coming through the academy? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Do you have much money to spend?  ..losing  Tielemans, Vardy, Kasper & Evans would be a huge loss for you, any kids coming through the academy? 

Yeah we've got Dewsbury-Hall who's started to play a few more games recently. Still got Barnes who can be electric when on form. Thomas who shows promise but needs to bulk up a bit more, perhaps a loan for experience. 

I think we have money, but our owners have always been fairly shrewd. But having said that, we've got a stadium expansion to pay for and the recent new training ground completion is probably taking up a fair few funds... 

• Subscriber

If it wasn't for Norwich going there the other week and folding the way they did I'd be quite confident in saying that's the easiest three points Chelsea will have all season. As it happens I think they'd have beaten virtually anyone today, they were excellent in every department.

0-3 flattered us. We were an utter disgrace and I'm fed up of it now. This squad is so much better than this and nobody will convince me it isn't. If we lose to Watford at home next week we're in a relegation battle. Even of the games we've won this season we've only looked totally convincing in one of them (the same side we beat also lost 4-1 at Watford today). Something has gone very wrong with us. Injuries are an excuse for what is obviously a total shambles throughout. I promise we'd still look crap with Fofana and Justin.

Truth be told though he might be off to Manchester United anyway.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Stan @Dan Is there any known reason why Rodgers won't play Barnes and Iheanacho together? Two great sparks last season at different times but I can't remember the last time they started together.

Think he prefers either playing wingers (Lookman, Barnes) or Maddison behind Vardy and Iheanacho, but in truth you're pushing me to explain nearly anything that's happening lately. 

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Where has it gone wrong? ..there was  a time i hated playing against you lot not so long ago

We've always had a bit of a tendency to go on these bad runs and it often only ever ends one way with us, but this is getting really quite concerning now. The truth is I don't think this is some poor run of form - the cup win was great but it was a massive surprise given the level of performance that's been on offer during a lot of that period. I think losing a couple of players at once to key injuries scuppered things and we've never recovered, and are now at a point where it's not going to get better anytime soon either. We don't create much. We play five defenders frequently yet have kept 3 clean sheets in 27 games, 2 of which against sides who are now in the Championship and the other is solely on Adama Traore rather than anything we did. We concede from a set piece in virtually every game (that Rudiger goal is the most obvious 'surprise' goal I've ever seen since I've followed football, and by surprise, I mean my mate got 20/1 on him scoring a header).

Rodgers is to blame for me now. There's only so long this can go on without him being culpible. We can't defend, lots of our goals come as a result of individual brilliance like Tielemans scoring a 30 yarder at Brentford or Barnes scoring a belter at Leeds. I genuinely don't even know where to start with the flaws. The entire thing just looks a mess. I cannot name a single facet of our play that we do well at the minute. We play it out from the back in order to... pass it backwards and then hoof the ball upfield anyway we realise nobody is actually free for a pass. It's utterly shocking, game after game. I said it a few weeks ago but I think probably Norwich, Newcastle and Burnley are the only teams I can confidently say have looked poorer than us so far. It's gone very much under the radar how bad we've been this season. I think we'd have lost to virtually anyone today. Play like this against even Legia and Watford and we'll be shown up.

The Chelsea Full Backs have just hit that purple patch like Trent to Robertson did a few seasons ago and have become absolutely key to this attack.

Maybe it's helped not constantly rotating them and letting them go on a run but you'd probably say that right now, Reece James and Ben Chilwell are possibly the best wing back combination in Europe right now form wise.

• Subscriber

The positions they get in are mental. The fact they manage to put their wing backs essentially as wide forwards yet achieve this despite conceding virtually nothing in open play chance wise is seriously impressive.

Meanwhile our so called wing backs are just essentially full backs who don't even defend well anyway.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

The positions they get in are mental. The fact they manage to put their wing backs essentially as wide forwards yet achieve this despite conceding virtually nothing in open play chance wise is seriously impressive.

Meanwhile our so called wing backs are just essentially full backs who don't even defend well anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Spurs' full backs under Conte start to get recognition as well if he turns the team around. Used to make me laugh when people used to bang on about Alonso's goalscoring, yes it was impressive but the bloke was basically playing centre forward at times so his goal scoring feats shouldn't be or have been compared with that of other defenders.

Chilwell apart from the odd moment of madness, has been great for us. Again the system gets the best out of him and James. Tuchel however has done well to rotate the full backs, Alonso started the season well, dipped a bit so Chilwell came in. Both had purple patches when being introduced into the team. This rotation is also getting the best of them and they know they'll be out the team if they let their standards slip. Lampard did some great things for the club but this area probably wasn't one of them where he used to use certain players too much.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see Spurs' full backs under Conte start to get recognition as well if he turns the team around. Used to make me laugh when people used to bang on about Alonso's goalscoring, yes it was impressive but the bloke was basically playing centre forward at times so his goal scoring feats shouldn't be or have been compared with that of other defenders.

Chilwell apart from the odd moment of madness, has been great for us. Again the system gets the best out of him and James. Tuchel however has done well to rotate the full backs, Alonso started the season well, dipped a bit so Chilwell came in. Both had purple patches when being introduced into the team. This rotation is also getting the best of them and they know they'll be out the team if they let their standards slip. Lampard did some great things for the club but this area probably wasn't one of them where he used to use certain players too much.

Yeah I put Reguilon in my FPL thinking a quite similar thing, that their wing backs are going to become quite big players. I've noticed it with Chilwell and where he ends up positioned - reckon him and James could get 15 between them this season which is mental really. Chilwell's stepped it up a level since he left us I think.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Chilwell making a dart through to the centre-forward position unfollowed and unmarked was embarrassing on our part.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

Chilwell making a dart through to the centre-forward position unfollowed and unmarked was embarrassing on our part.

I had a free fiver on Chilwell and Rudiger goals yesterday which is the only explanation for the miss.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived