08/02/2020 - Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace

Recent Form
Crystal Palace - LLLDW
Everton - WLLLD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Hopefully I use up all of my emotional capacity on the F1 and have nothing left to be disappointed in just in case we crash back down to earth here.

I don't think we've beaten you since Neil Warnock was Manager.

• Subscriber

I can't believe Digne criticised this free flowing football. It's a poor mistake from Gray but we've been absolutely awful here.

It absolutely terrifies me that the owner believes that this manager was worth overruling the Director of Football for and that this is the guy who has so much power at the club that he can seemingly ostracise one of our best players and our only senior left back for daring to criticise the tactics that had us on a winless run of eight games. He's lucky that run was ended on Monday by some individual brilliance and the Goodison crowd overwhelming a meek Arsenal.

He's also somehow become one of those managers who the media never really criticise or put any pressure on.

I'm not saying Benitez out but if Moshiri thinks this is the guy to listen to and put faith in for the next few years, that's scary. There is no team succeeding in modern football with this negative, reactive, cowardly style of play.

It's seemingly like Benitez, much like Mourinho, is a man of yesteryear. There are obvious problems at Everton beyond him, and lets be honest, the squad isn't brilliant but football has moved on. He's still capable of setting his teams up well but I think there's been a big shift in the past 10-15 years, since Benitez was in his pomp. I'm sure it will swing back again one day but for now, I feel Benitez is maybe a man out of his time.

• Administrator

Lovely strike from Gallagher to seal it for Palace. 

Coleman tried to take the free kick to hit Schlupp but totally missed him from a yard away. 

Brilliant finish regardless. 

• Subscriber

Brands and his team offered Denzel Dumfries and Livramento as solutions to the right back solution this summer. Benitez didn't fancy them. We ended up not signing anyone and now we've got Coleman clogging around at right back giving away goals because he tried to twat the ball at an opponent stood less than a foot away and missed.

Manager has to go. He's absolutely awful. But our owner is an absolute lunatic. If we keep allowing him to sack or drop another random member of staff or player every time his shite tactics delivers up a defeat we'll have Big Dunc and Unsworth starting by the end of the season. 

People say this squad is limited. Ancelotti had us 2nd last Christmas and a handful of points outside the European spots at the end of last season with the same players plus James and Sigurdsson.

This regime is making everyone at the club miserable and at this rate at least Digne will be off in January, following the Director of Football and his team who haven't been able to do the job they were brought in to do.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Gallagher is the real deal isn't he? What a strike.

Does look like he has everything required to make it at this level. Wonder if Chelsea will keep him. 

21 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Brands and his team offered Denzel Dumfries and Livramento as solutions to the right back solution this summer. Benitez didn't fancy them. We ended up not signing anyone and now we've got Coleman clogging around at right back giving away goals because he tried to twat the ball at an opponent stood less than a foot away and missed.

Manager has to go. He's absolutely awful. But our owner is an absolute lunatic. If we keep allowing him to sack or drop another random member of staff or player every time his shite tactics delivers up a defeat we'll have Big Dunc and Unsworth starting by the end of the season. 

People say this squad is limited. Ancelotti had us 2nd last Christmas and a handful of points outside the European spots at the end of last season with the same players plus James and Sigurdsson.

This regime is making everyone at the club miserable and at this rate at least Digne will be off in January, following the Director of Football and his team who haven't been able to do the job they were brought in to do.

Where did you finish with Ancelotti though, 9th or 10th? The squad is abysmal for the money spent. Iwobi is absolute garbage, I remember my eyes nearly bleeding seeing you’d spent 40mill on him. There are many teams better than Everton now. You should stay up but beyond that I see zero positive in those players. 

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Does look like he has everything required to make it at this level. Wonder if Chelsea will keep him. 

Feels like more than make it, Chelsea would be stupid to let him go but then again Chelsea will do what Chelsea do so who knows.

Archived