talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Bahrain GP - 18-20th March

football forum

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

And Magnussen in a Haas too xD

Exciting qualifying, hope the same for the race. 

Mick needs to improve.

A Haas in front of a Mercedes. Just imagine if someone would have told you that last year. xD

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predicted Max for pole and Charles to win the race. They're in the right order at least, just need Lewis to get to 3rd. 

What was Russell doing on turn 1 on his final run?

Lewis and Bottas start next to each other on the grid.

Haas had the best plan all along. 

- Sack a good driver for a useless driver. 

- Use the money from the useless driver to develop the new car. 

- Sack the useless driver, re-hire the good driver. 

= profit 

• Subscriber

20220319_214722.jpg 

I know Bottas is generally very good in Qualifying, and Zhou hasn't particularly impressed today, but seeing Sauber having a decent car fills my heart with happiness 🥰

• Subscriber

Just watched the highlights but had a pretty good idea of how things would pan out from all the telemetry geeks on Twitter.

Q1 - expected this to be both Williams, Zhou, at least one Aston Martin and then either Tsunoda or Ocon. People seem to think Williams might be just at the bottom of the pecking order. Whether that's true or not, I think you have to call that a really good first outing for Albon. Latifi isn't the best yardstick obviously but those sort of performances, Russell was pulling out consistenty the last two years and was rightly praised for it. Not surprised to see Hulkenberg outqualify Stroll and remind us what a crime it is that he is a reserve driver compared to some of those with a race seat. Surprised to see McLaren do quite so bad as to lose a car in Q1.

Q2 - Like I said, surprisingly bad from McLaren. I didn't expect both cars to fail to make Q3, especially when their problems in the last test came from long runs. Mick Schumacher looked about half a second off Magnussen's pace in practice earlier, I'm surprised to see that carry into qualifying. Credit to Zhou for getting this far in a tight field, even if he was comfortably beaten by his team mate.

Q3 - Ferrari hype train is go go go! Obviously great performances by Bottas and Magnussen. Honestly they both looked like nailed on Q3 contenders when I watched practice earlier. Obviously Russell's second attempt isn't representative. Not sure how the Mercedes will cope with a heavier car tomorrow but if they're getting there with the issues they've had I expect a comfortable 5th and 6th for them at least. I'm surprised to see Ferrari edge out the pole position if I'm honest. Leclerc is bound to have a small advantage over Sainz in qualifying but it'll be interesting to see whether that carries into the race. Perez is reasonably close to his team mate's pace as well. How the front four interact and the strategy will be interesting if they get through the first lap unscathed as the pace is clearly very close.

I haven't mentioned Gasly or Alpine. I suppose it's a case of those cars falling very much in the same spots as they were last year. Alpine have done slightly better than I expected though!

36 minutes ago, nudge said:

Reminds me of that one time when Max had to explain the difference between Dutch and Russian flags to some fan xD 

I remember that. I thought it was funny that Max then used his own phone to google the Dutch flag and show it to the fan. xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived