• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2022 - Bahrain GP - 18-20th March

football forum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just read about the race and caught the final 10 mins. Eventful! 

Are Ferrari the real deal this season then? 

Red Bull having a bit of a mare. Can't be a coincidence both their cars fail at very similar times... 

I still hate that they do the interviews before the podium ceremony. It was much better when they went straight to the green room and then to the podium.

There were so many iconic and interesting moments in that green room. Multi 21, Nico throwing his hat back at Lewis, Alonso and Massa arguing in Italian etc. 

Bit off topic.

This season Max will have at least 2 drivers for now challenging him. Both Charles and Max that is. If MErc progress which they do as the season progresses. He could have 4 cars in and around during the season. Will he hold himself together in these situations? People like Charles and Russell are young and eager, if he plays rough I don't think they'll back down or give space like Lewis did last season. I know you can get frustrated as a driver, but he was losing it a touch during Q3 yesterday and the same today. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I still hate that they do the interviews before the podium ceremony. It was much better when they went straight to the green room and then to the podium.

There were so many iconic and interesting moments in that green room. Multi 21, Nico throwing his hat back at Lewis, Alonso and Massa arguing in Italian etc. 

I remember Massa and Alonso, they were speaking Spanish. Wasn't till a few years later when I watched it with subtitles. Massa kept saying go and fuck yourself lol.

• Subscriber

Double points finish for Sauber!!! 😊 Excellent debut by Zhou, too. 

I'm sure Red Bull will be alright. A bit weird they didn't have any problems during testing, and then 3 out of 4 cars had to retire in the first race with what seems to be hydraulic/electric issues, possibly? A massive loss of points so definitely a frustrating start of the season though. With only a week until next race, they'll surely be feeling a lot of pressure.

Mick was disappointing, couldn't keep up with Magnussen's pace. That little hit and spin at the start probably didn't help, but he still looked way too slow. Hopefully he can improve as season progresses.

Ferrari with an almost perfect performance today; fast cars, good strategy and pitstops, smart driving. Leclerc v Max was exciting, and I'm impressed that both kept it clean. Hope for more in future races!

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Bit off topic.

This season Max will have at least 2 drivers for now challenging him. Both Charles and Max that is. If MErc progress which they do as the season progresses. He could have 4 cars in and around during the season. Will he hold himself together in these situations? People like Charles and Russell are young and eager, if he plays rough I don't think they'll back down or give space like Lewis did last season. I know you can get frustrated as a driver, but he was losing it a touch during Q3 yesterday and the same today. 

Max seemed a bit rattled yesterday and even more so today. I think Red Bull might have believed a bit too much that they were the favourites coming in here yet Ferrari have turned up, edged them for pace and been generally bulletproof. On the evidence of this weekend, they also have an advantage over Red Bull on tyre durability and reliability.

Leclerc has also got one over on Max in their on-track battle. If it is to be a Leclerc vs Verstappen title fight, which is far from guaranteed, Max has to do better. And if it's a close title fight then it's a pretty big disaster for Verstappen to be 25 points behind in the Drivers' Championship and Red Bull to be 44 points behind in the Constructors'.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Fuel pump issue for both RB cars, a different issue for Gasly, according to Helmut Marko.

Was he sucking on the fuel pump? Mistaking it for Max's dick, the senile prick.

• Subscriber

This is interesting: fuel pumps this season are a standard part provided by an Italian manufacturer to all the teams, and apparently there have been numerous issues with it during testing and free practice. McLaren had to replace theirs in Parc Ferme conditions after qualifying, and as a result, FIA gave extra permission for teams to inspect it after qualifying. 

20220321_005912.jpg

So seems like an extremely bad luck for RB today, but it also means potential issues for other teams in future races, unless the supplier solves the issue.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived