Leicester - WLLDW
Tottenham - WWLWD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Still unsure whether this goes ahead.

A further positive case in Spurs squad yesterday. On top of the several positive cases from end of last week. 

Think it is going to albeit with us having a depleted squad 

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, shut up said:

Have they released who has covid? My fantasy team is taking a right kicking. 

Not allowed to officially. Think unofficially the initial names were Emerson, Gil, Son, Moura, Davies. Maybe Skipp and PEH too can’t remember off the top of my head 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

And why was United's postponed and not this?

Precisely.

I wonder if it's to do with 'shutting the training ground'.

Man Utd & Spurs both did this and got their game(s) postponed. We haven't so have been told to get on with it.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Stan said:

Precisely.

I wonder if it's to do with 'shutting the training ground'.

Man Utd & Spurs both did this and got their game(s) postponed. We haven't so have been told to get on with it.

Government shut ours down Conte said today. It’s bizarre how this game is going ahead though 

• Administrator
44 minutes ago, Storts said:

Government shut ours down Conte said today. It’s bizarre how this game is going ahead though 

Burnley vs Watford has been called off for tonight. Don't get how our game goes ahead but others are being postponed? 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Stan said:

Burnley vs Watford has been called off for tonight. Don't get how our game goes ahead but others are being postponed? 

Yeah I have no idea what’s going on. Could easily see a reversal and postponement tomorrow though 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Storts said:

Yeah I have no idea what’s going on. Could easily see a reversal and postponement tomorrow though 

At about 15 mins before kick off as well. Of course fans are the last to be thought of. Feel for those Watford fans that had left to travel by the time the announcement made today. 

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It would be a bit of a farce not to postpone this fixture given what's going on... 

I think it's purely because Spurs already had two matches postponed and the league doesn't want to figure out what to do with a third postponement for just one club.

But it is mental and I think it's a huge disservice to the players that bring in billions to the league - taking risks with their health and wellness because some fat lazy arseholes don't want to figure out scheduling issues that come with postponing matches.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think it's purely because Spurs already had two matches postponed and the league doesn't want to figure out what to do with a third postponement for just one club.

But it is mental and I think it's a huge disservice to the players that bring in billions to the league - taking risks with their health and wellness because some fat lazy arseholes don't want to figure out scheduling issues that come with postponing matches.

The only other alternative would be to dock teams the 3 points if they couldn't fulfil their matches rather than have a huge backlog but something has gone badly wrong if there are this many cases cropping up and it's got this out of hand... I did ask the question in another thread about the testing at clubs, did they just stop testing?? It would have been very short sighted if they had and I am not just talking about Spurs here I am talking across the board and if they are still testing how are so many players getting infected?? Could be that some players are just not taking the right precautions inside or outside of the club grounds?? 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

The only other alternative would be to dock teams the 3 points if they couldn't fulfil their matches rather than have a huge backlog but something has gone badly wrong if there are this many cases cropping up and it's got this out of hand... I did ask the question in another thread about the testing at clubs, did they just stop testing?? It would have been very short sighted if they had and I am not just talking about Spurs here I am talking across the board and if they are still testing how are so many players getting infected?? Could be that some players are just not taking the right precautions inside or outside of the club grounds?? 

I don't think they stopped testing, but I do think they started doing less tests over a week... up until these outbreaks started happening again. Now the clubs are required to do daily testing for players and training-ground staff - but that's a very recent rule, I think put back in place yesterday.

I do think it was maybe a bit shortsighted of the league to reduce testing while the pandemic is still raging on - I know things seemed a bit more "normal" for a while, but acting like it's over was probably a bad idea.

• Subscriber

I'm as against all this covid theatre as much as anyone but this game going ahead is just farcical really when you've got so many missing from both sides. Totally knackers the whole spectacle and does either side actually benefit from it? Play it in January.

• The title was changed to Leicester P-P Tottenham - Thursday 16th December, 2021
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, shut up said:

A joke it's taken this long tbh. I hope no fans have set off already. The premier league are massive messers aren't they?

Thankfully early enough in the day but still shambolic handling again from the PL

Selfishly I’d already decided to give this one a miss tonight so semi glad it’s been called off 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Thankfully early enough in the day but still shambolic handling again from the PL

Selfishly I’d already decided to give this one a miss tonight so semi glad it’s been called off 

Also decided against it last night but thankfully they didn't leave it til something stupid like 5pm when most Spurs fans may have set off. 

• Administrator

Our training ground now shut for 48 hrs too. 

Can't see Sunday going ahead given our players wouldn't have been able to train and it's looking more likely there'll be more cases. 

Archived