talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donny van de Beek Joins Everton on Loan

Fee believed to be 3.3m for approximately so approximately 200k per game.

Signing a central midfielder wouldn't have been my first priority for our loan spot. I would have quite liked another young ball playing defender like Joe Rodon given Anderson's had injury set backs. In midfield we have Gallagher and Hughes have exceeded expectations, McArthur keeps playing like he's getting younger every season and we have Kouyate, Luka and Jairo for depth. That said we have had to play Schlupp out of position in the McArthur role whilst he's been injured so maybe if his injury is worse than anticipated this has been deemed a necessity given how our form fell off a cliff once he was injured. We saw against Liverpool that Schlupp is more impactful out wide and given McArthur's age we do need to try and limit his impact on the side.

It's an exciting name but exciting names tend to be a bit hit and miss here. Mauroanne Chamakh came from Arsenal with a reputation and became a real cult hero, Yohan Cabaye came from PSG and was very useful but in all honesty wasn't the technical player we anticipated, Emanuel Adebayor is possibly the worst signing in my lifetime.

• The title was changed to Donny van de Beek - Joining Crystal Palace on Loan?
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy was brilliant for Ajax, especially in that Champions League run. I get that there's blame on his shoulders for his form at United, but I think it's been very clear from day 1 when they signed him that there has never been much intention to play him regularly. He needs a move asap, score some goals, get some assists and then get a move away from Old Trafford in the Summer.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

That guy just might end up like a former United player that never hit it off with Fergie, Diego Forlán, left United and made his name elsewhere and I hope de Beek does the same with the toffees if they get him.

Either Ole did not like the guy or Woodward bought him without letting Ole know, the guy never had a chance at United under the smiling gnome, shame really. 

• Subscriber

I don't know much about him to be honest but it is weird how he's never seemed to get an extended run under either Solskjaer or Rangnick. You would lean towards suggesting that's not a great endorsement of him be that a poor display in training or not a great attitude but then he came with good reviews from the Netherlands.

Any loan without an obligation to buy is low risk though. I would be hoping to see us play with more of a versatile midfield three like most of the top teams than a deeper pair and a number ten. Our current midfield options are Doucoure (out for a month), Allan (decent but too slow), Delph (out for the season probably), Gomes (slow, plays great off the bench but never delivers 90 minutes), Davies (been out for ages and average anyway), Gbamin (probably ruined by all his freak injuries) and Onyango (teenager who's made about 3 sub cameos). If you're van de Beek, Alli, Loftus-Cheek or God forbid Ross Barkley then you look at a half-season loan at Everton and hopefully see a team where you can get a proper run in the side and rediscover your best form.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

I don't know much about him to be honest but it is weird how he's never seemed to get an extended run under either Solskjaer or Rangnick.

He never had a chance and just stagnated on the bench, Ole had not a clue about the man-management side of  things with the players and de Beeks confidence just went to shit,

• Subscriber

We need to play three in the middle. I'd love to see a manager get the best out of Gomes but he just can't seem to get it all together consistently. More likely we'd see someone like Allan as a part of that three to protect our leaky defence.

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

Probably happier to stay up north closer to home? 

As an overall package it makes most sense for him. At Everton I anticipate he will be given more freedom to play to his strengths. Given how effective Gallagher has been at pressing from midfield I imagine he would be playing more deeper with less freedom to go forwards and contribute in the final third. Which if he's looking to impress Man United or top European sides isn't going to be as beneficial for him.

I'm not disappointed to be honest. Whilst he is better than our central midfield positions I wouldn't say there were any positions that need strengthening immediately during this transfer window.

• The title was changed to Donny van de Beek Joins Everton on Loan

So Phil Hay (Our main reporter covering Leeds and with The Athletic) has revealed this morning we were offered Van de Beek and Bielsa turned it down.

I know he isn't a fan of short term loans and improving another club's player but bugger me, it feels like we've shot ourselves in the foot there given the players' potential.

Maybe Marcelo would have been right but I'd love to have seen us at least give him a try. Bit pissed off about that to be honest. Who is Van de Beek's first home game going to be against?

You got it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived