The better place to talk football.

PL Round 24 - Wednesday 9th February, 2022

football forums

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Zaha's penalty miss there was genuinely terrible 

You can understand when its hits the crossbar or just misses the net because obviously they were trying to be to precise. But that was pretty wide that one 😂 Personally I dont think players need to be as precise as that. If its hit with power even if it's not  right in the corner chances are the keeper wont save it 

Just now, Cicero said:

It’s just a matter of which of you, United, or Spurs can go on a decent winning run. 

I still think spurs because of Conte. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I thought Conte was supposed to have a honeymoon period before he turned shite? 

I think if conte can't get them in the champions league this season no one can. No one that they could get at least. 

• Administrator
Just now, 6666 said:

The Tottenham result just about puts 4th spot in our hands but I do feel like we have another bad run in us which will see us fuck it up.

Looking at your fixtures, I don't see a bad run of results occurring. The lack of Europe really is an opportunity you seem to be taking. 

Maybe a loss here and there, but not a sustained miserable period of form. 4th is definitely there for the taking. 

Well, what do you say after that?

Villa will feel annoyed they have let a 3-1 lead slip at home.

We'll feel like we could, maybe should, have won on the balance overall, given we've dominated the ball and created more chances too.

As I said before, Coutinho had a 10min spell that knocked the stuffing out of us, other than that I felt Villa didn't produce that much more which surprised me.

We'll take a point, i probably would have took that before the game, definitely would have at 3-1 down too.

Finally the team spirit running through this club is immense. They literally run through walls for each other and I'm proud of the effort we've shown tonight.

Dan James playing as a make shift striker and he's caused absolute carnage. Robin Koch having to play as a defensive mid because of no Phillips, gave a really top effort in difficult circumstances facing Buendia and Coutinho, and Dallas shifted to left back just doesn't care and puts in the shift.

Our fitness is why we stay in these games. We just give it a right fucking go, sometimes with reward, sometimes without. But at least the effort is consistantly there. Surely be criminal if we dropped, got to be three worse sides than us.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Looking at your fixtures, I don't see a bad run of results occurring. The lack of Europe really is an opportunity you seem to be taking. 

Maybe a loss here and there, but not a sustained miserable period of form. 4th is definitely there for the taking. 

We have the ability to pull a draw or loss out of anywhere.

Same old Palace learning pains today. Defensive vulnerability caused dropped points but other than that it was a good performance. 

I don't know if it's Osian Roberts, a coaching team decision or Patrick Vieira but the in game tactical decisions are absolutely poor. There was no reason to bring on Ayew when were searching for a goal and playing Edouard through the middle restricted our ability to hold up play in the center.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why was Konsa moaning at his red card xD

He's clearly obstructed the keeper, elbow to the face. Quite an obvious second yellow. 

Players moan about everything 😂

Saints are such a funny team aren't they. They have it in them to go and get results like that.

Completely outplayed Tottenham tonight and look so slick sometimes. Broja is an absolute handful but Ward-Prowse is producing some of the best football in his career. You'd surely think someone above would now be circling. 

They can go from looking really quality to shambolic and then back to looking a dangerous side, but whatever they produce, they always look like they have a goal in them.

Never known a club be so consistantly Jeckyl and Hyde but they are a serious problem at the moment, and one of the few to take points off Man City recently. From what I saw, they cut Spurs to pieces at times.

Lots of work for Conte to do there because take out the front three and Lloris, and you are left with a lot of fair to middling footballers who'd struggle to get in elsewhere.

13 hours ago, Lucas said:

Saints are such a funny team aren't they. They have it in them to go and get results like that.

Completely outplayed Tottenham tonight and look so slick sometimes. Broja is an absolute handful but Ward-Prowse is producing some of the best football in his career. You'd surely think someone above would now be circling. 

They can go from looking really quality to shambolic and then back to looking a dangerous side, but whatever they produce, they always look like they have a goal in them.

Never known a club be so consistantly Jeckyl and Hyde but they are a serious problem at the moment, and one of the few to take points off Man City recently. From what I saw, they cut Spurs to pieces at times.

Lots of work for Conte to do there because take out the front three and Lloris, and you are left with a lot of fair to middling footballers who'd struggle to get in elsewhere.

Saints go marching on.  James Ward Prowse would look good in Black and White but his price may be to high this window.   Amadou Haidara will have a 33m release trigger and probably a good bet.   if JWP could be had for around 50m I'd be tempted

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Saints go marching on.  James Ward Prowse would look good in Black and White but his price may be to high this window.   Amadou Haidara will have a 33m release trigger and probably a good bet.   if JWP could be had for around 50m I'd be tempted

No disrespect but I think that's a sideways move at best for him in the current climate. Saints are a better footballing side but you are bigger and have the capacity to progress further.

If you stay up and have a solid season next year with a Top 10 finish, I think the door opens further for you to sign players of that quality going forward but it's very early days under the new regime.

I actually think a move to Spurs would be great for him considering how non-existant their midfield is. Or even possibly West Ham depending on the Rice situation, now they are flirting with the Top 6 second season running.

Archived