• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

PL Round 24 - Thursday 10th February, 2022

football forums

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, 6666 said:

We haven't played since January 23rd. There can't be a team more rested than us. No excuses for a bad performance.

Idk sometimes with us when we have a long break, I think we come back looking a lot less sharp and it's led to some not great performances imo. Guess it depends on the players?

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Idk sometimes with us when we have a long break, I think we come back looking a lot less sharp and it's led to some not great performances imo. Guess it depends on the players?

Definitely seen that it doesn't help. Or maybe we're just shit because we seem to fuck things up whether we have a 10 day rest or have 3 games in a week xD

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Definitely seen that it doesn't help. Or maybe we're just shit because we seem to fuck things up whether we have a 10 day rest or have 3 games in a week xD

It is just so hard to say what's the problem with Leicester right now - because to me, it looks like you're in the "where the fuck did the wheels fucking go" stage of Rodgers time as manager. I don't really follow Scottish football at all, I just know who ends up champion xD, so I have no idea if he went through the same thing at Celtic or if he left before that period cut in. So I'm really just looking at the parallels from his time here and how things are looking with you right now.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if you get a result against us tbh. Rodgers doesn't really have any love for FSG and probably sees each match against Liverpool as a way of showing FSG what they missed out on.

But on paper we should probably be beating you with the form you're in, especially with the news that it is very likely that Salah plays tomorrow. We're in good form and we've got our brightest star back, you're in bad form and look like you're in a bit of a free fall.

But honestly, for as much as I didn't like Rodgers in his final full season and how he did in the season where he was let go to bring Klopp in... I would have hoped he'd have learned a thing or two since things went sour with us time with us and then rebounding in Celtic. And I hope he can turn it around and grow as a manager, because I think Leicester are a good club for a good manager that has a good philosophy about playing football - and for all of his flaws, I do think there's a good manager somewhere in Rodgers - even if he's not currently what I'd call a top manager.

But if he can't turn things around at Leicester quick, I'm not sure they should persist with him trying to stop the rot.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Let's hope that's not the case. It'll be 18 days without a game going into the game and then, as it stands, we have another 9 day break right after.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Let's hope that's not the case. It'll be 18 days without a game going into the game and then, as it stands, we have another 9 day break right after.

Perhaps your players will see how results today worked out pretty nicely for them and they'll see this as a moment they can seize.

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Rodgers' pre-match comments really throw some unnamed players under the bus.

It's pretty obvious it's Barnes, Tielemans and Soyuncu. 

Two of those have been very poor recently. Barnes is great going forward but defensively lacking. In a game where we'll probably be camped in our own half, he wouldn't do much but would have been good on the counter. 

At least we have players on the bench to make a difference. And by difference I mean 7-1 instead of 7-0.

• Administrator
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Leicester have won the last 2 meetings in the league, a surprise result is on the way here. If i was having a bet i'd go for Leicester win or draw and Daka to score anytime.

Can I just have the money instead? Don't waste it on that xD

Just now, Danny said:

You look at Maddison’s ability and think to yourself if he could perform consistently at his best he could easily be one of the best in the world in that position.

You can say that about lots of very good players that aren't that consistent xD

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

You look at Maddison’s ability and think to yourself if he could perform consistently at his best he could easily be one of the best in the world in that position.

Yep. I think since he joined this is his most sustained period of form. Been one of our best players since Nov/Dec. 

Previously its been a month of good form then he'd pick up an injury and it'd take time to pick up that form again. 

Just now, Stan said:

Yep. I think since he joined this is his most sustained period of form. Been one of our best players since Nov/Dec. 

Previously its been a month of good form then he'd pick up an injury and it'd take time to pick up that form again. 

In terms of ability I’d at times have him over Grealish but yeah he could never find that consistency

Archived