• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022

football forum

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Never understood how any fan of any club can turn their nose up at silverware (not directed anyone here). Winning is the point of sport. Saddens me that I've seen some Leicester fans turn their nose up at the FA Cup (!!!) and would rather we qualified for CL. We'd literally never won the FA Cup and for several years recently we took it much more seriously to actually go out and win it. Its not like we were winning trophies regularly otherwise and could afford to miss out on it. 

I'd love to win the League Cup again. When I first started supporting Leicester it was a trophy we'd compete for regularly, and actually win. Love to see us lift that trophy again. 

In particular, I want us to win this one because of the hard work and effort put in by the academy players and squad players that don’t normally get much time on the pitch.

We’re here off the back of kids and squad players viewed as somewhat disposable that fought to prove they have a part to play here.

Today most of them won’t play (it might just be Kelleher tbh although I hope Origi/Minamino play a part because of how they did on the road to the final), so it’s mostly our main men trying to win us a trophy. But if they win it’ll be for all those kids and fringe players.

Good save from Kelleher

• Administrator

Looks like Keita's arm does come across. Why is Van Dijk allowed to barge into the ref like that as well in reaction?

In addition to above, hate when players crowd the ref. Another thing I thought was outlawed but refs don't punish it. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Looks like Keita's arm does come across. Why is Van Dijk allowed to barge into the ref like that as well in reaction?

In addition to above, hate when players crowd the ref. Another thing I thought was outlawed but refs don't punish it. 

Yeah and you can see in the slow mo the seconds after when he thinks “shit I’ve fouled better for down and grab my face” - if that’s an intentional elbow rather than trying to get his arm across, then Azpilucueta’s handball was a penalty. I think neither of those are the case though but I don’t like seeing players like Mount trying to get a player sent off like that.

Dunno how Mane didn’t put that away :( 

• The title was changed to EFL Cup 2021/22 FINAL - Chelsea 0-0p Liverpool - Sunday 27th February, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived