talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Levi Colwill - Leaves Chelsea for Brighton on Loan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just feels inevitable that Chelsea will replace Ake for Colwill in five years for a boat load more money. Seems all a bit pointless.

I know a lot of the previous regime have now gone but you'd like to think there's someone still there with enough clout to point out to the decision makers that the hindsight police came down on them at the end of last season for selling Tomori and Guehi given the contractual situations within the club.

Still if Todd Boehly is content on signing all the players that were good on his Fifa 18 save I hope he does the right thing and sells both Colwill and Gallagher to a local side so they won't need to worry about settling elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It just feels inevitable that Chelsea will replace Ake for Colwill in five years for a boat load more money. Seems all a bit pointless.

I know a lot of the previous regime have now gone but you'd like to think there's someone still there with enough clout to point out to the decision makers that the hindsight police came down on them at the end of last season for selling Tomori and Guehi given the contractual situations within the club.

Still if Todd Boehly is content on signing all the players that were good on his Fifa 18 save I hope he does the right thing and sells both Colwill and Gallagher to a local side so they won't need to worry about settling elsewhere.

So Palace?

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Absolutely. 

I personally don't believe any of it as of yet (considering its all guesswork on what Tuchel's plans are), but it isn't going to bold well if we are getting rid of our most promising youth players in favor of Tuchel's preferred options, and we don't see immediate success. 

Getting rid of Colwill in favor of Ake can end up looking, very, very daft. 

• Subscriber

Think there is or was a strong interest from Lampard. He'd be well within his rights to choose Leicester or Palace ahead of us though. Maybe wanting to come and play for a former Chelsea legend is our ace in the hole and we could pull this one off. Not getting my hopes up as I haven't seen any solid links since the back end of the previous season.

• The title was changed to Levi Colwill - Could Leave Chelsea Permanently
  • Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Leicester the likeliest. He'll want to be a starter and he'll replace Evans? if they continue the 3 at the back. 

He walks in if we play a back three. A big selling point for him with us is he's left footed and we really lack that not just at centre half but throughout the team in general. We often have a right footer even at left back. I've thought it to be a subtle problem in our side a while.

I think if we buy a centre back we need to buy somebody who we think could displace Evans in the not too distant future because I feel like he's on his last legs. Often gets injured and quite old as well now. Albeit he's a very good defender.

Colwill is the one I, and seemingly the club want. Terrified though that he'll end up at Palace while we go and buy Bednarek (who has been genuinely linked today).

Chelsea are a mad old club. Their squad could be packed to the rafters with academy talent but instead they either sell players on or stunt their development by changing the playing style with every new manager.

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I think he'll leave them on a buy back. I'm really a bit worried that Palace are gonna get him though.

I think our intention is to wait and see if there's a chance to bring AWB back. Joel Ward finished the season experimenting as a CB and he did well. So we'd have AWB/Clyne competing for RB and then Tomkins & Ward as backup CB's.

• Subscriber
On 14/07/2022 at 22:19, The Palace Fan said:

I think our intention is to wait and see if there's a chance to bring AWB back. Joel Ward finished the season experimenting as a CB and he did well. So we'd have AWB/Clyne competing for RB and then Tomkins & Ward as backup CB's.

It just feels like the type of signing you're making nowadays. Really intrigued to see how you do again. That Doucoure on the face of it is an excellent buy.

On 16/07/2022 at 03:45, Dan said:

It just feels like the type of signing you're making nowadays. Really intrigued to see how you do again. That Doucoure on the face of it is an excellent buy.

Vieira highly rates Doucoure and Julien Laurens seems to think he's a really good signing. He sounds on the face of it like he is everything we needed to prioritise this summer after Kouyate made his position at the club untenable in the eyes of most fans but after what has happened with the likes of Soumare and Ndombele in recent years I'm a little skeptical.

Archived