talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Some confusion as to the latest goings-on.  Apparently he's been asked to be left out of the squad for tomorrow's game, but others are stating it is Rodgers choice to leave him. Can understand either - his head isn't in the right place based on his performances and I suspect he'll leave by next weekend. 

Firstly, just hope we've got the fee we've demanded and Chelsea have to pay that up. 

And secondly, I know there's little loyalty these days in football but to sign a contract in March and say what he did, then throw his proverbial toys out of the pram barely 6 months later, is just disrespectful. Especially when we've helped him recover after the leg break. 

We're like Chelsea's feeder club these days - Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, now Fofana. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Some confusion as to the latest goings-on.  Apparently he's been asked to be left out of the squad for tomorrow's game, but others are stating it is Rodgers choice to leave him. Can understand either - his head isn't in the right place based on his performances and I suspect he'll leave by next weekend. 

Firstly, just hope we've got the fee we've demanded and Chelsea have to pay that up. 

And secondly, I know there's little loyalty these days in football but to sign a contract in March and say what he did, then throw his proverbial toys out of the pram barely 6 months later, is just disrespectful. Especially when we've helped him recover after the leg break. 

We're like Chelsea's feeder club these days - Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, now Fofana. 

You guys got something against United?  You sell Chelsea  Kante , Chilwell and possibly Forfana and all we get his Harry Maguire.   I know you were having a laugh with Drinkwater, but come on, you need to even this up, sell us Madison and Vardy on the cheap.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Fab Romano posted a tweet on Fofana and how he sees Chelsea as his dream move.   Leicester need to sell him,  he has no interest in staying.   

And Fofana quickly tweeted something along the lines of 'stop inventing stuff' :what: shortly followed by a ' xD🤦🏽‍♂️

Make of that what you will.

I think he will eventually leave though anyway xD 

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

And Fofana quickly tweeted something along the lines of 'stop inventing stuff' :what: shortly followed by a ' xD🤦🏽‍♂️

Make of that what you will.

I think he will eventually leave though anyway xD 

Love seeing players calling him out. He’s a Tier 3 merchant that just shovels what Tier1 journos release as quickly as possible. Throw enough shit, some will stick.

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, Dan said:

Ornstein best in the business. Romano is the Italian IndyKaila.

John Percy/Alan Nixon are better than Ornstein I think.

Ornstein said a lot about Tielemans/Arsenal transfer but nothing materialised at the time. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

John Percy/Alan Nixon are better than Ornstein I think.

Ornstein said a lot about Tielemans/Arsenal transfer but nothing materialised at the time. 

Following Percy this summer has been hard work. Forest Forest Forest Forest. I mean I can't blame him but you know xD

• Administrator

Oh Chelsea.

Not a chance he plays on Saturday anyway. I'd be shocked if he did considering Rodgers said 'he wasn't in the right frame of mind' against Southampton. How is he going to be in the right frame of mind to help us get a result against the club he's already agreed to join xD?

Glad we're holding firm. Pay up or do one!

• Administrator

Wow, also didn't expect this development. Surprised Chelsea are buckling here given their desire to literally just chuck money at clubs

Given it says 'reluctant', I think they will end up doing so eventually anyway.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Brendon Rodgers now publicly claimed Fofana wants to leave and is pushing for the move. He wants the situation to be resolved ASAP and has sent Fofana to train with the U23. 

As much as things have gone to shit on the pitch, I actually like the stance Rodgers has taken here. Not taking any shit from players that throw a hissy fit because the buying club can't stump up the money to buy him.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The Athletic is a very good source,  used them for Baseball long before they made football fashionable.    They have the best sports writers period that is why you don't apply for the Athletic they choose you. 

Cheers for that.

Archived