talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wesley Fofana Signs for Chelsea

• Subscriber

There is no great resolution for us here. I fear it's going to be a deadline day job and we end up panicking into a replacement. Problem is our deadline day deals are usually absolutely appalling and totally below the standard.

We need him sold really but we're so bad without him it's scary - but then again we're not much good with him either.

He needs to just sack this Soyuncu thing off and get him back in the team with Evans with Ndidi shielding. It is far from perfect but it's going to have to do. Chelsea have fallen on their feet with this fixture as well. They're in a bit of a mess themselves but we are a charity of a side at the minute.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Is he playing on Saturday at the Bridge? 

I highly doubt it. Christ I'd not even thought a lot about that game. If he won't start Soyuncu in the league and he won't play Fofana, whilst having the tendency to go to a back 5, we could name something truly harrowing.

Realistically he'll probably have to bite the bullet and put Soyuncu back in. It will still be awful though. Their confidence is absolutely shot.

8 minutes ago, Dan said:

I highly doubt it. Christ I'd not even thought a lot about that game. If he won't start Soyuncu in the league and he won't play Fofana, whilst having the tendency to go to a back 5, we could name something truly harrowing.

Realistically he'll probably have to bite the bullet and put Soyuncu back in. It will still be awful though. Their confidence is absolutely shot.

Maybe i am talking out of my ass but wasn't Soyuncu at one point like super reliable?

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Maybe i am talking out of my ass but wasn't Soyuncu at one point like super reliable?

He was. Always had a bit of a rick in him but his performances were really good for the most part in the first year. They've clearly fallen out though. He won't pick him.

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

He was. Then had a couple of mistakes in him and there seems to have been something going on which has made Rodgers totally alienate him. 

He's better than Amartey and should easily be starting over him. Especially given how many mistakes Amartey makes/has made. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Seems like this 3rd bid was the final bid.

Reports we are looking at Bayer CB Edmond Tapsoba as an alternative, to which the club is already working with them on giving them CHO on loan with option to buy. 

So are we if Fofana does go xD

And Badiashile apparently. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Seems like this 3rd bid was the final bid.

Reports we are looking at Bayer CB Edmond Tapsoba as an alternative, to which the club is already working with them on giving them CHO on loan with option to buy. 

You didn't really move much on your bids and you never came close to Leicester's  evaluation.

• Administrator

Our CEO is getting involved in the negotiations apparently. She won't back down and will hold out for the fee we want, or as close as possible. She did the Maguire deal apparently. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Coma said:

Hurry up and sell Fofana so you can buy Akanji.  Dortmund need the money for another midfielder.

I'm not too enamoured on Akanji. There are better targets out there (Tapsoba, Badiashile). 

From what I've heard, and how willing Dortmund fans are to get rid of Akanji, it doesn't bode well as an adequate replacement. 

22 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm not too enamoured on Akanji. There are better targets out there (Tapsoba, Badiashile). 

From what I've heard, and how willing Dortmund fans are to get rid of Akanji, it doesn't bode well as an adequate replacement. 

You may need to drop 70m on Badiashile,  assuming he wants to go to Leicester

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, Stan said:

Personally I don't want to get rid of Akanji.  He's quick, he's smart, and he's been relatively healthy bar the last 12 months or so.  Last season he was essentially playing both CB roles as he had been paired with Hummels (hurt/slow), Can (idiot), and Pongracic (who?).  Of course he got torched. 

He's better than Tapsoba imo, although I don't know Badiashile. In a perfect world Dortmund would keep him and I think a back 3 of Akanji/Suele/Schlotterbeck is pretty formidable.  But he won't sign a contract extension and wants crazy money so we have no choice.  From my perspective Dortmund fans just want rid because we need the money for other positions.  

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Coma said:

Personally I don't want to get rid of Akanji.  He's quick, he's smart, and he's been relatively healthy bar the last 12 months or so.  Last season he was essentially playing both CB roles as he had been paired with Hummels (hurt/slow), Can (idiot), and Pongracic (who?).  Of course he got torched. 

He's better than Tapsoba imo, although I don't know Badiashile. In a perfect world Dortmund would keep him and I think a back 3 of Akanji/Suele/Schlotterbeck is pretty formidable.  But he won't sign a contract extension and wants crazy money so we have no choice.  From my perspective Dortmund fans just want rid because we need the money for other positions.  

Fair enough. Had also heard about his seismic money demands! That might put us off as wages are the issue right now at the club. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough. Had also heard about his seismic money demands! That might put us off as wages are the issue right now at the club. 

I think Dortmund's highest earner is on ~9-10m, which is likely to be Suele.  Akanji wanted to be in that range, which I don't think was an unreasonable request personally considering his importance to the team and the market for CB's.  Just can't afford it.

Reports the add on structure is a lot more generous than the previous one. 

Based on reports I can only imagine the latest bid had Leicester only getting the add ons if Chelsea win the quadruple and Fofana wins both the Balon d'Or and Nobel peace prize. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

if Fofana is sold it will trigger an exodus

You seem very sure of all of what happens at Leicester and exactly what the very short-term future holds for us xD.

I wonder how/why...

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reports the add on structure is a lot more generous than the previous one. 

Based on reports I can only imagine the latest bid had Leicester only getting the add ons if Chelsea win the quadruple and Fofana wins both the Balon d'Or and Nobel peace prize. 

I think we're purely looking for a lot more money upfront. Partly because it helps us have more money to get players in, but also because we would owe St Etienne 20% of the profit we make. 

Hence why we still hold out for £80-85m (my guess), with the addition of add-ons.  

15 minutes ago, Stan said:

You seem very sure of all of what happens at Leicester and exactly what the very short-term future holds for us xD.

I wonder how/why...

I think we're purely looking for a lot more money upfront. Partly because it helps us have more money to get players in, but also because we would owe St Etienne 20% of the profit we make. 

Hence why we still hold out for £80-85m (my guess), with the addition of add-ons.  

Yeah rumors this will be turned down also. 

Need to stop wasting each other's time and move on. We need to get either get Ndicka or Tapsoba. 

Archived