Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 14th August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

'hysteria' 

'horrifying'

You Spurs fans also like to over-react as well by the sounds of it.

What happened to just being able to talk about an incident on the pitch :what:?

I'm sorry but "long haired players don't deserve special treatment" is a shite take xD 
Long haired players don't deserve to have their fucking hair yanked. I bet you're balder than Phil IRL.

I don't think it's a red, and couldn't give a fuck about the result, but fuck me the spuds lot are chatting some shit here, and to be fair they've riled up the Chelsea crowd. 

Maybe if you had a striker you'd have won 4-2?

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Stan said:

What?

Has Cucurella been racist?

Yes when he was in Spain. Quite a famous clip of him being racist doing the rounds. That’s why he was so keen to go to Chelsea 

15 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'm sorry but "long haired players don't deserve special treatment" is a shite take xD 
Long haired players don't deserve to have their fucking hair yanked. I bet you're balder than Phil IRL.

I don't think it's a red, and couldn't give a fuck about the result, but fuck me the spuds lot are chatting some shit here, and to be fair they've riled up the Chelsea crowd. 

Maybe if you had a striker you'd have won 4-2?

Mate, up until three months ago, I had my hair past my shoulders. I had to cut it for an acting role but I'm growing it back, it's very long at the front (almost down to my mouth) and I only do haircuts out of necessity. 

I am not "anti long hair" at all. A player should have his hair whatever length and style he wants to have it.

They should HAVE to tie it back before getting on a football pitch though. It takes no time, it doesn't hurt and it doesn't give them special treatment which is what Cucurella got as if he was Mason Mount or Reece James or a long-haired player that had tied it back, that doesn't happen and it's seen as a shirt pull only. 

See the pull. He's pulling it straight on where his shirt line is and does not look at him once. If he's hair is tied back, that is a shirt tug only and does not go to VAR at all. 

Like you say, it's not a red and the fact Chelsea fans are screaming "violent conduct" is ludicrous. 

On a footballing perspective, Spurs simply showed why they are still behind us despite the media hype. Dominated them in every aspect and our football was the only one that looked sustainable. 

Unfortunately for Spurs they won't have Anthony Taylor every match. 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

He's pulling it straight on where his shirt line is and does not look at him once. If he's hair is tied back, that is a shirt tug only and does not go to VAR at all

I don't know about you but I don't need to see where someone's hair is to pull it (not that I would), and I can definitely tell the difference between someone's hair and the fabric of someone's shirt xD 

Convinced you're on the wind up now that you continue with this as your reason.

Who gives a shit about being 'anti-hair' as well xDxD 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

You talk utter, utter shite. 

Your cunt player grabbed his hair and pulled him to the ground by it. Pathetic, bitch like behaviour that deserved a red card. To praise him for that sort of thing like some are doing is just bizarre. I want to see passion myself, but there’s a difference to putting your all into the game and going round pulling hair like a child would. 

Cucurella probably aided his fall himself as players do go down very easily. One arm to pull a player down to land with such force? Nah.

So in the space of two seconds, you are wrestling with someone and you grab them to throw them away from you while you're watching the ball coming in and you're thinking "is that hair or shirt I'm grabbing, let me quickly check to make sure?" or "fuck off away from me?" and you throw them with whatever you've grabbed. 

Seriously, if the racist had tied his hair back, we wouldn't be in this situation and it's not violent conduct so not a red card. 

A foul? Yes, probably, but VAR do not get involved with free kicks.

So Chelsea haven't been hard done by. 

39 minutes ago, Cicero said:

On a footballing perspective, Spurs simply showed why they are still behind us despite the media hype. Dominated them in every aspect and our football was the only one that looked sustainable. 

Unfortunately for Spurs they won't have Anthony Taylor every match. 

😆

Seriously, you were better than us in the match and not even the most ardent Spurs fan will disagree with that but we're two games in and you finished three points ahead of us last season. You were lucky against Everton last week. The last time we outplayed you at your ground, you won the league. I appreciate the media hype annoyed Chelsea but that's the media being the media, we'll see where everyone is at the end.

I'm not sure what it will take to get into Chelsea's heads that Taylor had little to nothing to do with why they drew and they drew the match due to their own deficiencies. 

Referees do not made offside calls, that is between the assistant and VAR. You are angry if that goes against you and happy if it goes for you but they evidently decided that Mendy could see the ball and that Richarlison's position did not impede his ability to save it, as well as his own player diving in front of him which potentially blocked off the view more. I wouldn't have complained had it not been given but it wasn't clear cut and it was not Taylor's call.

Taylor did not see the incident with Romero (you can see he's looking at Kane and whoever was marking him) so it was referred to VAR for violent conduct. It was deemed not violent conduct so Taylor was never called in to make a decision.

Taylor's only call was the Bentancour on Havertz tackle, which he got right. I thought it was a free kick at first but I watched the replay later and he just gets a faint toe on the ball before he takes Havertz down. 

We drew the match because:

1) Chelsea have left themselves short as an attacking force. The fact we had more shots on target than you is absolutely pathetic. You had 3. 

2) Jorginho's inexplicable decision to attempt drag backs and little flicks his own penalty area.

3) Your inability to mark at corners. Three of our players were queuing up for the header without a Chelsea player in view.

Why can't Chelsea actually take any responsibility? 

2 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

😆

Seriously, you were better than us in the match and not even the most ardent Spurs fan will disagree with that but we're two games in and you finished three points ahead of us last season. You were lucky against Everton last week. The last time we outplayed you at your ground, you won the league. I appreciate the media hype annoyed Chelsea but that's the media being the media, we'll see where everyone is at the end.

I'm not sure what it will take to get into Chelsea's heads that Taylor had little to nothing to do with why they drew and they drew the match due to their own deficiencies. 

Referees do not made offside calls, that is between the assistant and VAR. You are angry if that goes against you and happy if it goes for you but they evidently decided that Mendy could see the ball and that Richarlison's position did not impede his ability to save it, as well as his own player diving in front of him which potentially blocked off the view more. I wouldn't have complained had it not been given but it wasn't clear cut and it was not Taylor's call.

Taylor did not see the incident (you can see he's looking at Kane and whoever was marking him) so it was referred to VAR for violent conduct. It was deemed not violent conduct so Taylor was never called in to make a decision.

Taylor's only call was the Bentancour on Havertz tackle, which he got right. I thought it was a free kick at first but I watched the replay later and he just gets a faint toe on the ball before he takes Havertz down. 

We drew the match because:

1) Chelsea have left themselves short as an attacking force. The fact we had more shots on target than you is absolutely pathetic. You had 3. 

2) Jorginho's inexplicable decision to attempt drag backs and little flicks his own penalty area.

3) Your inability to mark at corners. Three of our players were queuing up for the header without a Chelsea player in view.

Why can't Chelsea actually take any responsibility? 

Few things. 

You bang on about last season regarding Spurs finishing only three points behind Chelsea yet conveniently fail to bring up Chelsea had to deal with sanctions since February along with being the only club not benefiting from the COVID postponements. Chelsea also had to balance 3 competitions whilst Spurs only had the league to worry about March onwards. 

Second, you cannot win the ball by going through a players' ankles first, which is exactly what Bentacour did to Havertz. If you believe this was the right decision, you are a clown. 

Third, Romero pulling Cucurella's hair was right in front of Taylor. Him not being able to see it proves yet again why he is incompetently unaware to officiate at the highest level. If you think he's innocent, I reiterate, you are a clown. 

Fourth, Robert Huth got a three match ban in 2016 for pulling Fellaini's hair. So this goes back to my previous post, where is the consistency? 

You and tweedle dumb can spin the narrative anyway you'd like to feel better about yourself and your awful performance but the reality is both your goals came directly as a result of incorrect officiating. 

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Seriously, if the racist had tied his hair back, we wouldn't be in this situation and it's not violent conduct so not a red card.

What if the tied hair covered the players collar/top of the shirt? By your (stupid) argument, Romero would still grab it because he has so much of an instinct he just grabs the first thing he feels xD .  

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Cucurella probably aided his fall himself as players do go down very easily. One arm to pull a player down to land with such force? Nah.

I expect you to say the same when the player you signed this summer is notoriously bad for feigning injury and going down at the very softest of touches...

• Administrator
Just now, Chickasaw said:

Now, Stan, do you have anything to say about my post about Cucurella going down easily instead of throwing everything back in my face? Not constructive when you do that.

When someone pulls your hair you're likely to go down quite easily, especially when it's unexpected. Romero quite clearly knows what he's doing and has applied enough strength to pull his hair with force. I don't think Cucurella 'aided' his fall himself. 

Just now, Stan said:

When someone pulls your hair you're likely to go down quite easily, especially when it's unexpected. Romero quite clearly knows what he's doing and has applied enough strength to pull his hair with force. I don't think Cucurella 'aided' his fall himself. 

Ok, let's differ and move on.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Few things. 

You bang on about last season regarding Spurs finishing only three points behind Chelsea yet conveniently fail to bring up Chelsea had to deal with sanctions since February along with being the only club not benefiting from the COVID postponements. Chelsea also had to balance 3 competitions whilst Spurs only had the league to worry about March onwards. 

Second, you cannot win the ball by going through a players' ankles first, which is exactly what Bentacour did to Havertz. If you believe this was the right decision, you are a clown. 

Third, Romero pulling Cucurella's hair was right in front of Taylor. Him not being able to see it proves yet again why he is incompetently unaware to officiate at the highest level. If you think he's innocent, I reiterate, you are a clown. 

Fourth, Robert Huth got a three match ban in 2016 for pulling Fellaini's hair. So this goes back to my previous post, where is the consistency? 

You and tweedle dumb can spin the narrative anyway you'd like to feel better about yourself and your awful performance but the reality is both your goals came directly as a result of incorrect officiating. 

Glad to see you’re still absolutely rattled. Chelsea only got themselves to blame yesterday. We were poor yet came away with the same number of points as you. Considering we lost 4 times to you last season that’s a big improvement. Plus last minute goals are the best thing about going to football. Thoroughly enjoyable finish. 

Let’s be honest though you absolutely benefited too. James should have been sent off. We just don’t have to go around crying about it and starting petitions 

Archived