• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 14th August, 2022

football forum

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Who started a petition xDxD 

And for what?!

Also, how come Tuchel wasn't sent off earlier for leaving the dugout after one of the goals? 

A petition for Anthony Taylor to never ref Chelsea again 😂

and yeah that’s another thing. Tuchel should have had a second yellow for his goal celebration for their second, ran right through our technical area and up the touchline but again we don’t really care. I love that passion and needle to the game. They’re just blinkered to only see it one way 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

This whole thread could have been prevented if the Premier League did the honourable thing and stopped Anthony Taylor from stealing a living as a referee at the first sign of incompetence back in 2010.

The errors he makes on a regular basis are absolutely incredible.

Top performance yesterday though

11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Glad to see you’re still absolutely rattled. Chelsea only got themselves to blame yesterday. We were poor yet came away with the same number of points as you. Considering we lost 4 times to you last season that’s a big improvement. Plus last minute goals are the best thing about going to football. Thoroughly enjoyable finish. 

Let’s be honest though you absolutely benefited too. James should have been sent off. We just don’t have to go around crying about it and starting petitions 

The big improvement was signing Anthony Taylor 😂

Virtually nothing different to last season. Still miles away from us. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

The big improvement was signing Anthony Taylor 😂

Virtually nothing different to last season. Still miles away from us. 

If you say so honey. A point away from home says differently. Up the Spurs 

So no comment from Chelsea fans about having only three shots on targets in a game they dominated with goals scored by defenders only, no comment about Jorginho farting around in his own box with flicks and tricks causing our first goal and their total inability to defend a corner causing our second? But that's Chelsea for you, never ever any responsibility, always whining victimhood.

The score was Chelsea 2 Tottenham 2. Spurs are currently above Chelsea based on the first two games. Chelsea finished only three points above us despite getting a borderline embarrassing headstart from us. Now, they may finish above us this season, we shall see how it pans out. But "miles ahead", it's hilarious. You played better in one match, so far. You still couldn't win it.

I see it still hasn't sunk in that the only major decision Taylor had to make regarding the goals, he got right. I don't think he's a great ref either. The hysterical conspiracies that there's a football wide plot involving him to screw Chelsea out of winning just makes them look even more pathetic than usual.

By the letter of the law, Tuchel should have gone for his run down the touchline. I think that law is an ass and had no problem with his celebration but by the letter, he should have gone to the stands. 

9 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

So no comment from Chelsea fans about having only three shots on targets in a game they dominated with goals scored by defenders only, no comment about Jorginho farting around in his own box with flicks and tricks causing our first goal and their total inability to defend a corner causing our second? But that's Chelsea for you, never ever any responsibility, always whining victimhood. 

Why would we comment on any of that when we were winning 2-1 until Anthony Taylor and Mike Dean were subbed on for Spurs? Don't be so obtuse. The game was won. 

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Why would we comment on any of that when we were winning 2-1 until Anthony Taylor and Mike Dean were subbed on for Spurs? Don't be so obtuse. The game was won. 

The game is won when the final whistle blows. I know it's hard for Chelsea fans to understand but this is how football works. You see, you have to wait for the end of the game before winning it. Tricky concepts here, I know.

As for the Romero incident, I'm nearly fed up with repeatedly explaining it to you. However, if your bottle job defenders had defended the corner, Romero could have locked Cucarella in a headlock and forcibly shaved his head and it wouldn't have mattered. Take some responsibility for your bottle job of a team.

The score is Chelsea 2 - Spurs 2. So Chelsea didn't win. Winning is when you score more goals than the opponent.

Do you understand? 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It wasn’t though was it. Finished 2-2. Perisic was subbed on actually and took the corner that Kane headed in from after the chelsea defence just completely switched off. 

Not sure what Dean has to do with it. Made a correct decision for all he is empowered to do and the game moves on. 

5 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

The game is won when the final whistle blows. I know it's hard for Chelsea fans to understand but this is how football works. You see, you have to wait for the end of the game before winning it. Tricky concepts here, I know.

As for the Romero incident, I'm nearly fed up with repeatedly explaining it to you. However, if your bottle job defenders had defended the corner, Romero could have locked Cucarella in a headlock and forcibly shaved his head and it wouldn't have mattered. Take some responsibility for your bottle job of a team.

The score is Chelsea 2 - Spurs 2. So Chelsea didn't win. Winning is when you score more goals than the opponent.

Do you understand? 

Do you understand the causality principal? Considering you've gone as far as putting more blame on Cucurella for having long hair before putting any fault on Romero I expect not. The cause always precedes the effect. No sane Chelsea fan will put more blame on the team when a specific cause not in their control changed the outcome of the match entirely. Above all else. 

And by the way, the ball was in play when the foul occurred. It would've been a free kick to us. Not another corner. Know the laws of the game before posting such nonsense. 

The most watched league in the world can't have this level of officiating. I'm far from wanting Chelsea to win a game but that last decision in particular was hard to watch. VAR really looked at it and said "nah that's fine".

Also Chelsea would have won 4-0 with a striker who could score. Tuchel played a perfect game but was let down by his players. On the other hand I quite liked Conte's energy from the bench. Think he made the players believe despite being dominated for most of the game.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Machado said:

The most watched league in the world can't have this level of officiating. I'm far from wanting Chelsea to win a game but that last decision in particular was hard to watch. VAR really looked at it and said "nah that's fine".

Also Chelsea would have won 4-0 with a striker who could score. Tuchel played a perfect game but was let down by his players. On the other hand I quite liked Conte's energy from the bench. Think he made the players believe despite being dominated for most of the game.

They looked at it for violent conduct and said it’s not a sending off, which it isn’t. They can’t do anything else retrospectively. 

Yup chelsea only have themselves to blame though for not winning the game, despite trying to pass the burden on. Some sloppy passing and terrible finishing  

Conte is brilliant. 

37 minutes ago, Machado said:

In a footballing sense, I thought Chelsea looked miles off Spurs. Spurs were outplayed, but fortunate to get back in it (twice) and you've got to say that that's something about the attitude Conte has put into Spurs. That was a very non-Spursy performance from them, I'd say. Playing ugly and still getting a result. But I wouldn't call that a great performance, by any metric.

But I do think they were fortunate with refereeing decisions and that Chelsea still aren't that great at putting chances away. That's football though, being better at football than the opponent doesn't always guarantee a win. Especially if you're up against a side that has good players and a good mentality - they can still be dangerous even if they're looking second best on the pitch.

But I understand why Chelsea fans are upset with how that went.

All well and good to say if we had a proper 9 on the pitch we would've scored more, but how many #9s right now offer the same as Havertz and Mount in terms of build up and off the ball work? This is how we tick. With Lukaku on the pitch we created half as many chances as we do with Havertz and our pressing was non existent. 

The issue for us is to either allow Havertz to grow and mature in this role or to go out and risk it again by bringing in a ST for big money. 

With the greatest respect to Kai Havertz, he's actually lucky Conte, Tuchel, Romero, Cucurella and Anthony Taylor have taken the spotlight off him because he missed an absolute sitter yesterday and missing those kind of chances shouldn't be ignored.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

With the greatest respect to Kai Havertz, he's actually lucky Conte, Tuchel, Romero, Cucurella and Anthony Taylor have taken the spotlight off him because he missed an absolute sitter yesterday and missing those kind of chances shouldn't be ignored.

These #9s have made a mockery of James' delivery the past several seasons. 

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

These #9s have made a mockery of James' delivery the past several seasons. 

It was on an absolute plate. He came alive when Tuchel switched him.

It's so important for you that he stays as a RWB with licence to get forward I think. I get the tactic yesterday to nullify Son but he's just so explosive in the final third.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was on an absolute plate.

And yet he fluffed it big time... Frustrating that our players seem to snatch at chances rather than having some composure.. If he had scored it would have been game over for Spurs, Instead Kane rescues a point for them by doing what you expect of a player when it mattered most.. 

I don't know what the fuck it is with our players though, Lukaku, Werner both had gilt edge chances in front of goal on numerous occasions and yet they still lack the quality to convert them chances in to goals.. You can't blame a system for blowing chances that are that easy.. 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

And yet he fluffed it big time... Frustrating that our players seem to snatch at chances rather than having some composure.. If he had scored it would have been game over for Spurs, Instead Kane rescues a point for them by doing what you expect of a player when it mattered most.. 

I don't know what the fuck it is with our players though, Lukaku, Werner both had gilt edge chances in front of goal on numerous occasions and yet they still lack the quality to convert them chances in to goals.. You can't blame a system for blowing chances that are that easy.. 

Bring back Tore Andre Flo mate.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It was on an absolute plate. He came alive when Tuchel switched him.

It's so important for you that he stays as a RWB with licence to get forward I think. I get the tactic yesterday to nullify Son but he's just so explosive in the final third.

Tbf I thought Reuben Loftus-Cheek did a great job filling in at RWB. But yeah I agree, hence why we are after Fofana. 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tbf I thought Reuben Loftus-Cheek did a great job filling in at RWB. But yeah I agree, hence why we are after Fofana. 

Thought he was your best player on the pitch.

Archived