talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 14th August, 2022

football forum

Just now, Cicero said:

Anthony Taylor and Mike Dean have predictably showcased a horrific officiating display and have fucked not only themselves, but officiating moving forward. The consistency argument is now rejuvenated. What is to stop players from hacking ankles now going into challenges? What's to stop hair pulling being a regular occurrence now? The split second the ref makes a call, we look back at this shit show of a display. Taylor shot himself in the foot yet again and Dean bottled in the Cucurella review. Cheers for letting everyone in the league know that dragging someone to the ground by the hair is not only not considered violent conduct, but not even a foul. No bad precedent set there. Taylor is even looking straight at it. 

As far as the performance goes, we should of scored more and falling asleep like that one Spurs' second was unacceptable given the intensity and focus we had all game.  Not sure I understand this Sterling as a false 9 approach when it negates not only him but Havertz and Mount as well. 

Love Tuchel and Conte but both are the biggest bitches after that incident. 

Cucurella looked nasty with the hair pulling and must be a talking point tonight on MOTD yet this was afters, there was pushing and maybe elbows before the hair pulling. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I thought a draw was fair, though we played better we missed several chances yet again Spurs missed a decent couple too.

Plenty of decisions to moan about for sure yet you play to the whistle and why James has to try and shoulder barge Kane off the pitch in injury time shows he still lacks common sense. 

Suspecting both TT and Conte to get touchlines bans though Conte was mischievous at the end.

Actually thought TT was mischievous at the end, not Conte.

How did Chelsea  drop points today, theytotally  dominated for the most part.  I guess some willl say dodgey officiating 

What happens with red cards for managers?  Not sure If they were straight reds or  two yellows for two separate  incidents.    But surely neither will be available for their next game?

Best and worst of Jorginho today. Can dictate a match single handedly and prone the occasional suicide brain farts. Far too often the latter and why we won't realistically challenge for the league with him in the XI. 

Honestly, at this rate its a fucking miracle Jorginho didn't cock up the Champions League final. 

37 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Best and worst of Jorginho today. Can dictate a match single handedly and prone the occasional suicide brain farts. Far too often the latter and why we won't realistically challenge for the league with him in the XI. 

Honestly, at this rate its a fucking miracle Jorginho didn't cock up the Champions League final. 

I said to a mate he did well in the first half apart from fucking up a counter. In the second basically gave Spurs a lifeline from nothing and prived to be crucial in us dropping points. How can he still start no one knows.

The Chelsea fans on here are alright but I'm loving the general ones on the Internet whining that they had the perfect match and the referee screwed them. 

Yes, they were obviously the better team. No reasonable Spurs fan will deny that. 

However:

A) They barely tested Lloris. We had less shots but more on target. They had 3. 3. Despite their dominance. 

B) The first goal doesn't happen if Jorginho isn't trying to be clever,  faffing around with little tricks in his own area.

C) The second goal doesn't happen if Chelsea defend the corner. Romero could have locked Cucarella in he sharpshooter and it wouldn't matter if Chelsea defenders had done their job properly. Three of our players were completely unmarked.

Also, maybe they need to actually watch Cucarella run into Romero and try and pull his shirt and watch the initial foul before Romero drags his hair (which they're going on about as though he was bitten or punched, I've played football with long hair and it hurts when it gets pulled but Jesus. That's why you should tie it back.)  but I don't think they will. 

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Honestly the more you watch that video the funnier it gets. Tuchel goes from trying to be the Incredible Hulk to desperately trying to get husband back from Conte xD

Only the second game in and such drama..... B|

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 14th August, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Hahaha smash and grab. Will take that all day long. Great scenes for the winner and very fun journey back. We’ve played so much better at the bridge and got nothing over the years so I’ll take it. I love Antonio Conte, what a bloke 

2 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

How did Chelsea  drop points today, theytotally  dominated for the most part.  I guess some willl say dodgey officiating 

What happens with red cards for managers?  Not sure If they were straight reds or  two yellows for two separate  incidents.    But surely neither will be available for their next game?

A team can dominate but unless they get the ball in that net it's all a waste of time isn't it? We were a tad lucky today but it makes up for all the unbelievable luck Chelsea have had over Spurs in the last few years. I didn't expect a draw but well done for getting a point. Not sure if Kane's header was going in, it was very close.

18 minutes ago, Stan said:

Amazing xD

9DA8F90B-5702-45BF-9FFD-6BCB1E4AA829.jpe

Erm Sunil, you may want to scroll up 6 posts... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I have discovered the cause of the fight IMG-20220814-WA0015.jpg

Done by the Palace, you've been done by the Palace...

23 minutes ago, Storts said:

All this complaining about the ref and just watched the highlights, foul on Kulsevski for James goal and then he should have got a second yellow for going into the Crowd 

If that was a foul you probably never played a football match in your life, yet pulling hair is obviously your thing or?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

If that was a foul you probably never played a football match in your life, yet pulling hair is obviously your thing or?

You get the foul in the prem all the time. Just came in and pushed him off from behind. But we get over it. Not going to start a petition. The hair pull is such an overreaction too. Obviously a foul, maybe a yellow but it’s no more than that.

Lucky James didn’t get a second yellow aren’t you. 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

The hair pull is such an overreaction too

Isn't it a red card offence by the laws of the game? Quite blatantly obviously does it too. 

35 minutes ago, Storts said:

You get the foul in the prem all the time. Just came in and pushed him off from behind. But we get over it. Not going to start a petition. The hair pull is such an overreaction too. Obviously a foul, maybe a yellow but it’s no more than that.

Lucky James didn’t get a second yellow aren’t you. 

Without that foul you would lose today

Archived