talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham - Sunday 14th August, 2022

football forum

4 hours ago, Spike said:

@Devil-Dick Willie as the arbiter of racism, is it racist for a dumb Spanish jock with a tenuous grasp of English to be smiling and holding a black man while referring to him as ‘my n-‘

Wasn't he accused of calling someone a monkey? That's only appropriate if it's gareth bale. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wasn't he accused of calling someone a monkey? That's only appropriate if it's gareth bale. 

Every single Spanish and Latin American player has had that accusation. I’m trying to find this post, maybe it was fake but it was 100% hilarious

23 hours ago, Cicero said:

All well and good to say if we had a proper 9 on the pitch we would've scored more, but how many #9s right now offer the same as Havertz and Mount in terms of build up and off the ball work? This is how we tick. With Lukaku on the pitch we created half as many chances as we do with Havertz and our pressing was non existent. 

The issue for us is to either allow Havertz to grow and mature in this role or to go out and risk it again by bringing in a ST for big money. 

I don't think it's necessary to have a traditional number 9 to score lots of goals. City won the league last season without a traditional number nine, we've only just signed a traditional type of striker to replace Origi (our outgoing traditional striker) and Mane... and for most of our time under Klopp our front 3 hasn't really involved having a traditional #9.

But I think regardless of the type of forwards and system you're using... any club creating that number of chances wants to be showing better finishing. And if a traditional 9 doesn't fit in with Tuchel's system, then you've got to hope Havertz can show more composure in front of goal... or hope that a player that's like him but a bit more clinical can come into the role.

I was just saying I can see why Chelsea feel aggrieved. It's really 2 points lost to shithousing tactics and that's always frustrating. But it wouldn't have been an issue if Chelsea could have put away some more of those chances and capitalised on their dominance. It's early days and I think a lot of clubs are going to be feeling the impacts of a fairly short pre-season + the compacted season for the world cup held at the wrong time of year. So I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea show a bit more composure in front of goal this year compared to last... even if it takes a while to get going.

I also get why Spurs fans are pretty happy, getting a result from shithousing is always enjoyable. But I do think there's cause to be concerned about that performance, because Chelsea looked miles better than them generally even if they scored the same number of goals. It's early days, but if they're something of a flat-track bully... it can take you very far in this league - but will it get them far enough to match their ambition?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Oh so Mike Dean admitted he got the call wrong and should've informed Taylor to check a possible red card via VAR. 

All is OK then I suppose. 

First time he's probably ever admitted he's been wrong tbf.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This goes well past Chelsea being screwed over. This is a Premier League issue. 

Anthony Taylor is looking straight at the incident and allegedly didn't see it. You then have Mike Dean having all the time to review the incident, and deemed it to not be violent conduct. Only to change his mind later after other officials told him he fucked up. When Taylor and Dean are deemed the most experienced officials in the league and continue to be assigned the biggest matches, it only presents itself further issues in the future. Will there be any repercussions? Of course not. 

Get this. Anthony Taylor is officiating at the world cup. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Oh so Mike Dean admitted he got the call wrong and should've informed Taylor to check a possible red card via VAR. 

Two games in and the ghoul is back haunting the league.

Just now, Cicero said:

This goes well past Chelsea being screwed over. This is a Premier League issue. 

Anthony Taylor is looking straight at the incident and allegedly didn't see it. You then have Mike Dean having all the time to review the incident, and deemed it to not be violent conduct. Only to change his mind later after other officials told him he fucked up. When Taylor and Dean are deemed the most experienced officials in the league and continue to be assigned the biggest matches, it only presents itself further issues in the future. Will there be any repercussions? Of course not. 

Get this. Anthony Taylor is officiating at the world cup. 

Tbh, I think Dean was a bad referee... but on VAR, I still think he's just about one of the only English refs that's just about any good. So I think that's just unlucky he made the wrong decision there.

I don't think there's anything unlucky about Anthony Taylor - I think he's a bent ref, he's got his favourite clubs and he's got clubs he hates (which imo includes both of ours)... but I think he very clearly hates Chelsea the most.

I don't think Anthony Taylor should be a referee, much like Kevin Friend. But it's tough to replace bad referees when the other pick of referees in the country are... even shittier than the ones we're familiar wtih.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yea, well fuck that... Why would Dean need to draw his attention to it... Look where Taylor is standing when it happened?? 

image.thumb.png.bd144bb126183aa1a986effc3acc2fa2.png

I still don't get why nothing happened?? It's either violent conduct, a simple foul or at the very least unsporting behaviour... and it's ok to keep talking about investigating the Managers for comments about officials after the game but they don't investigate the officials for being the catalysts for the problems in the first place... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Yea, well fuck that... Why would Dean need to draw his attention to it... Look where Taylor is standing when it happened?? 

image.thumb.png.bd144bb126183aa1a986effc3acc2fa2.png

I still don't get why nothing happened?? It's either violent conduct, a simple foul or at the very least unsporting behaviour... and it's ok to keep talking about investigating the Managers for comments about officials after the game but they don't investigate the officials for being the catalysts for the problems in the first place... 

Honestly, I think Romero is just a wizard that has the magical ability of not getting sent off when he absolutely should have been sent off as his most used spell. But also, Anthony Taylor is a terrible referee who has clear favourites and Chelsea are about the furthest thing in the world from one of his favourites.

Tbh, I don't mind so much because in the Mourinho era you lot got away with a lot more shit than most clubs in the country ever did... but I understand why you'd hate a guy who's clearly biased against your club.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Honestly, I think Romero is just a wizard that has the magical ability of not getting sent off when he absolutely should have been sent off as his most used spell. But also, Anthony Taylor is a terrible referee who has clear favourites and Chelsea are about the furthest thing in the world from one of his favourites.

Tbh, I don't mind so much because in the Mourinho era you lot got away with a lot more shit than most clubs in the country ever did... but I understand why you'd hate a guy who's clearly biased against your club.

Don't disagree with that, these things come around and go around so not really bothered about the incident itself because I would expect things to be heated and a bit dodge when we are playing Spurs and as you say we have had our share of lucky calls where other teams felt aggrieved but what concerns me more is the complete ineptitude of not 1 but 2 officials that have all the best tech at their disposal and still can't get a call right??? 

Hair pulling is not in the rules?? I should imagine kissing the keeper on the cheek while he is trying to organise himself for a corner is not in the rules but I bet there would uproar if someone did it.. xD

9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Hair pulling is not in the rules?? I should imagine kissing the keeper on the cheek while he is trying to organise himself for as corner is not in the rules but I bet there would uproar if someone did it.. xD

"If you don't want your hair pulled, you shouldn't have hair." - Romero, probably.

Just now, Bluewolf said:

xD

I did read somewhere that Cucurella had 'No plans to cut his hair' after the incident... 

Good, why should the guy have to cut his hair from what he likes just because referees are too stupid to notice that a dickhead pulling on someone's hair isn't allowed. He should be demanding the refs all go to specsavers before anyone demands he gets a haircut.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Good, why should the guy have to cut his hair from what he likes just because referees are too stupid to notice that a dickhead pulling on someone's hair isn't allowed. He should be demanding the refs all go to specsavers before anyone demands he gets a haircut.

Just amused me that someone would consider doing a Deadlinesman just to avoid it happening again... xD

Archived