• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 3 Fixtures - 20-21st August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Definitely looking from the outside as if the Rodgers/Leicester era has gone a bit stale. They shouldn't be anywhere near relegation though. There's some tricky games in their next five - Chelsea, Man Utd, Brighton, Villa, Spurs. After that they have Forest, Bournemouth, Palace and Leeds. You could argue that looks like a good run of games to get the most out of a new manager bounce if things don't improve.

Gerrard has had two transfer windows at Aston Villa now. They seem about on track to be a 13th-15th side again and could get dragged in if they're unlucky or have an injury crisis. It seems that the owners have higher expectations than that and the fans weren't happy with their form at the back end of last season, which was really poor but went under the radar in the mainstream because they were comfortably safe. They've got West Ham, Arsenal, Man City and Leicester coming up. Probably needs to watch his back.

The attention at Everton isn't really on Lampard at the moment because everyone acknowledges the recruitment issues that have been years in the making and injuries to key players early in the season. Everton have Brentford and Leeds away next, then Liverpool and Arsenal. Unless there's a shift in our away form, we could well be winless in seven games by the time we have West Ham at home. The owner is also an unpredictable lunatic. He'll need a few results in that run really or questions will be asked once the transfer window has closed and more attention is paid to his tactics and team selections.

Everton are normally very patient with their coaches I've noticed but I just don't know what they'll do with Lampard. Brentford next as you say and I think they'll get a result.

8 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I don't understand how it's got so bad for Leicester.

They've been relegated 3 times since the inception of The PL, 12 times overall..............that's why. Traditions follow clubs for instance Burnley and Norwich. I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa in a relegation scrap soon, Wolves too. Palace are up and down as are Forest.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Chickasaw said:

We might lose a couple of midlands teams this season. Wolves, Villa, Leicester, all yo yo.

Sorry how can we be classed as yo-yo when we've been in the PL since 2014 xD

Absolute joke labelling us that. Fulham and West Brom are your yo-yo clubs. 

23 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

They've been relegated 3 times since the inception of The PL, 12 times overall..............that's why. Traditions follow clubs for instance Burnley and Norwich. I wouldn't be surprised to see Villa in a relegation scrap soon, Wolves too. Palace are up and down as are Forest.

So?

It's not tradition for us to be relegated any more. Last time we were in the PL, yes, fully. But this is our longest stint in the division since promotion and we've won the fucking thing since then. 

34 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I don't understand how it's got so bad for Leicester.

Just gone stale. Lack of investment in the squad, standard of performances are mediocre overall. It seems the players just lack a bit of confidence and we're relying on individual quality as opposed to some tactical greatness. When your star striker and attackers lack service, it makes it all the more difficult to score goals. 

We need a change. A change of manager. Someone that can galvanise the players we have. We seem to be shot mentally. Confidence low leads to lack of concentration. We've taken the lead in both home games so far and come away with 2 points. Not good enough. 

Yes Stan, you were in the old division one from 57 to 69, 12 years and down you went. Also another 7 year stint shortly after in the top flight and down you went. Up and down a lot in between. You've been in the top flight 8 years now and are making very good candidates for relegation at the moment. I'm thinking you're up for it again soon.

The PL win in 2016 was a one off, everybody knows it.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Yes Stan, you were in the old division one from 57 to 69, 12 years and down you went. Also another 7 year stint shortly after in the top flight and down you went. Up and down a lot in between. You've been in the top flight 8 years now and are making very good candidates for relegation at the moment. I'm thinking you're up for it again soon.

The PL win in 2016 was a one off, everybody knows it.

You're going back that far. Are you taking the piss? As in, intentionally trying to wind us up?

If you're calling us a yo-yo club, you'd think you're talking about present day. Not fucking decades ago. 

You can't legitimately call us a yo-yo club right now considering you know we've been in the top flight for 8 seasons. That's the definition of not being yo-yo. As in, not going up and down regularly. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You're going back that far. Are you taking the piss? As in, intentionally trying to wind us up?

If you're calling us a yo-yo club, you'd think you're talking about present day. Not fucking decades ago. 

You can't legitimately call us a yo-yo club right now considering you know we've been in the top flight for 8 seasons. That's the definition of not being yo-yo. As in, not going up and down regularly. 

I'm 70 Stan and I've seen Leicester relegated a few times, yes, over that period, yo yo. I never wind up Stan, it's not my nature. I said last week Brentford should be concerned even after their 4-0 win and they lost today. No wind up. You even mocked me as did others with smile and confused emojis. I post things as I see them and I'll repeat, I NEVER wind up.

10 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Leicester would struggle in the Championship. Them Bournemouth and another to go down. 

I suspect Leicester will improve once the window closes and some of the nonsense going on around the club is put aside

47 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I have to side with Chickasaw here, I am 3 or 4 years younger than him but my times span would be much the same when talking about clubs.  I for one still see Man City as a yo yo club.

My thoughts about City too, up and down a lot once but not recently has to be said.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

No, I'm talking about time frame in between relegations.

1-2 seasons? Yo-yo is literally going up and down. We don't do that...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You said were a yo-yo club. 

We've not been relegated since we last got promoted. 

Like I said, it all depends on your time frame. If you say every 2 years then no you're not. But Redcanuck and I go back a long, long way in football memory.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

Like I said, it all depends on your time frame. If you say every 2 years then no you're not. But Redcanuck and I go back a long, long way in football memory.

Too far. It's like calling Spurs a big club but what have you won in the last 15-20 years? 

Or is that not a long enough time frame? 

28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Too far. It's like calling Spurs a big club but what have you won in the last 15-20 years? 

Or is that not a long enough time frame? 

You're changing the subject here. Nothing to do with it. As I recall, one trophy and a couple of finals where we were runners up.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Chickasaw said:

You're changing the subject here. Nothing to do with it. As I recall, one trophy and a couple of finals where we were runners up.

Making the point that just because things happened decades ago or that you're old enough to remember them, doesn't mean it still applies now. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived