talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Alexander Isak - Newcastle Sign Sociedad Striker

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen enough of him to be fair. My lasting memory of him was in the Euros where I thought he looked bright but very raw.

He seems a handful and I've no doubts physically he could handle himself in the league but finishing wise, the jury would be out.

Is his goal record decent? 10 goals in 40 odd games last season would concern me but he did hit 17 in La Liga the season before so he must carry some threat.

Obviously the fee is silly but that's just the world we live in now. Going to be a bit of pressure on him with that price tag and the instant success that Newcastle fans will ultimately demand.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I haven't seen enough of him to be fair. My lasting memory of him was in the Euros where I thought he looked bright but very raw.

He seems a handful and I've no doubts physically he could handle himself in the league but finishing wise, the jury would be out.

Is his goal record decent? 10 goals in 40 odd games last season would concern me but he did hit 17 in La Liga the season before so he must carry some threat.

Obviously the fee is silly but that's just the world we live in now. Going to be a bit of pressure on him with that price tag and the instant success that Newcastle fans will ultimately demand.

Ten goals and two were penalties.

Just now, Spike said:

You can only hope. Well either that or he scores a lot of goals.

He seems suited as an inside forward rather than a pure center forward,  he is probably better than Almiron so thats a start,  seems  odd to pay 60m for him but not 50m for James Maddison. 

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

He seems suited as an inside forward rather than a pure center forward,  he is probably better than Almiron so thats a start,  seems  odd to pay 60m for him but not 50m for James Maddison. 

Because £50m isn't what the asking price for Maddison was?

Just now, Stan said:

Because £50m isn't what the asking price for Maddison was?

50-60 is what leicester wanted,  some negotiation considering he seems to want to go,  as he said he is considering his options before he will even consider the contract renewal,  that means he is looking. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I don’t know about that. He has always be a centre forward, with Oyarzabel on the left and someone else on the right.

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don’t know about that. He has always be a centre forward, with Oyarzabel on the left and someone else on the right.

Moussa Diaby also now wants to consider moving due to Leverkusen's poor start,  Diaby is genuinely the position we really need right now,  also if we are signing Pedro then we are going to have 4 forwards when we only play one so this move makes no sense unless like pedro we intend to play him in Almiron's position. 

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Moussa Diaby also now wants to consider moving due to Leverkusen's poor start,  Diaby is genuinely the position we really need right now,  also if we are signing Pedro then we are going to have 4 forwards when we only play one so this move makes no sense unless like pedro we intend to play him in Almiron's position. 

I genuinely think Isak is just backup for Wilson.

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

60m back up is odd,  for me a back up to Wilson would have been Ekitike and now Pedro,  young understudies with versatility. 

That is why I stand by my terrible transfer statement. He could be good but I doubt he is 60m good

Just now, Spike said:

That is why I stand by my terrible transfer statement. He could be good but I doubt he is 60m good

I agree,  for 50+ you need to know what you are going to get,  or yes it is Joelinton (striker version) 2.0,  obviously now Joelinton is not a bad comparison to get considering he is now in that top bracket midfielder area. 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

50-60 is what leicester wanted,  some negotiation considering he seems to want to go,  as he said he is considering his options before he will even consider the contract renewal,  that means he is looking. 

Not a chance it was only £50-60m. Worth far more than that to us.

Where has he said he is 'considering his options'? What source is this?

Is this our 2nd panic buy after Chris Wood?

This quote in the Daily Mail

When the news was reported in San Sebastian's Diario Vasco one comment read: 'I'm jumping for joy right now. What a great sale. We'll stop seeing his continual stumbles, constant misplaced passes and woeful shots on goal.'

2 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

Is this our 2nd panic buy after Chris Wood?

This quote in the Daily Mail

When the news was reported in San Sebastian's Diario Vasco one comment read: 'I'm jumping for joy right now. What a great sale. We'll stop seeing his continual stumbles, constant misplaced passes and woeful shots on goal.'

he was the only one that turned up against Barcelona.   

16 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

I've just done a Dennis Wise and scouted the lad on YouTube. He does look like he has Premier League traits and would add even further to our current style.

It's that no one thinks this is a good price which is alarming.

Are you pleased the way Newcastle are going about their business mate??? I mean not just splashing the cash because they can?? They seem to have opted for a slow build rather than an all out assault on the market bringing in players all over the place like some clubs I could mention... 

Also not going for the big names but rather the players that will benefit you over the next few seasons.. You seem to have a decent mentality going on with the players on the pitch which seems to be working well at the moment.. 

Great player to watch on the ball and if partnered with a legit goalscorer it could be agreat partnership.

The price tag would make sense more around the £30m mark but price tags don't seem to matter anymore and I doubt Newcastle's owners care.

Archived