talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's mad how Fielding, who got absolutely pummelled by Callum Smith a few years back, has ended up a champion and now has the fight. Boxing is weird. Canelo KO.

Canelo v Smith being lined up for the summer is the rumour. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Tyson Fury looking in good shape. Good to see him back fighting a proper opponent, he's good for the sport.

Just now, Danny said:

Not a big fan of Fury, not very entertaining in the ring and tbh not very entertaining out of it.

Wilder and Fury have both only fought one top class opponent in their careers. Klitchsko and Ortiz, so i'm glad this fight is happening.

The build up has been cringe worthy though, it's all fake beef and hype. There's a photo knocking around somewhere online of them backstage laughing sat next to each other. After being "pulled apart" in press conferences. 

4 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Wilder and Fury have both only fought one top class opponent in their careers. Klitchsko and Ortiz, so i'm glad this fight is happening.

The build up has been cringe worthy though, it's all fake beef and hype. There's a photo knocking around somewhere online of them backstage laughing sat next to each other. After being "pulled apart" in press conferences. 

Yeah it's just WWF except they're gunna end it with an actual fight. The hype will come when we have a winner and they can have their own publicity for once rather than riding off of AJ's.

Then things should be set up for a good battle and the fight is now appropriately hyped so no ducking from either side.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Oh why am I not surprised by your post xD It's the fans who are losing out at the end of the day. There's plenty who would have liked to watch both fights. It's just petty

xD

I'm sure there's a valid reason. Will have to check a few IFL TV videos out and get up to date. xD

1 more round and I'd have got just shy of a 100 back. Ah well, he was brave but outclassed, as he always was going to be. Fair play he's made a  good deal of money in the end, out of limited ability.

Really want Usyk to be able to step up and beat the biggest heavyweights but think it might be step too far. Unless he is as special as he looks.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

Fair play to Bellew, looked class early on but tired and Usyk carried on as usual.

Usyk going up in weight will be some good fights, reckon he beats Whyte but there's a lot of power there. Good thing is that he didn't seem phased by Bellew's power.

• Subscriber
On 11/11/2018 at 11:28, LFCMike said:

Did anyone get onto Adam Smith explaining Bellew's 'Bomber' tattoo at the beginning of the fight last night? Telling us it had nothing to do with bombings at the Manchester Arena. I just remember thinking, 'what the fuck?!'

Didn’t hear it live but I heard it afterwards on social media. Very weird...