talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 6 Fixtures - Saturday 3rd September, 2022

football forums

• Administrator

all kick-offs 15.00 (BST)

Saturday 3rd September, 2022

1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png Brentford vs Leeds 1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png Chelsea vs West Ham 1200px-West_Ham_United_FC_logo.svg.png

image.png Newcastle vs Crystal Palace 1200px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo_(2022).svg

1200px-Nottingham_Forest_logo.svg.png Nottm Forest vs Bournemouth afc_bournemouth_-2013.png

1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png Tottenham vs Fulham 1200px-Fulham_FC_(shield).svg.png

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png Wolves vs Southampton 1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Do we know if Boomerang will be available for this one??? If he is it might just give us the edge if push comes to shove.. West Ham playing shit means we are bound to lose or draw with them.. Given our current performances I will opt for the draw.. 

He fractured his jaw in a robbery at his home so may be out for a few weeks.

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Do we know if Boomerang will be available for this one??? If he is it might just give us the edge if push comes to shove.. West Ham playing shit means we are bound to lose or draw with them.. Given our current performances I will opt for the draw.. 

Think 2-3 weeks he's out. Havertz starts I will break something. 

Mendy

James Fofana Koulibaly Cucurella

Kovacic Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Mount

Sterling    Broja    Pulisic

1 minute ago, Stan said:

He fractured his jaw in a robbery at his home so may be out for a few weeks.

Just now, Cicero said:

Think 2-3 weeks he's out. Havertz starts I will break something

My bad, totally forgot about that.. Was only reading about it the other day as well, Going to be a tough one for us the way we are going about things.. 

1 hour ago, N U F C said:

Tough game but at home it’s one we need to be looking at winning.

Palace have some good players especially on the counter but hopefully home advantage will pull us over the line.

We are not playing like a team with 6 points,  the W is important to not need to play catch up in September.   Not sure of who is available but maybe go with;

Pope

Trippier, Schar, Botman, Targett

Longstaff, Willock, J7

Almiron, Isak, Fraser

If ASM and Bruno are fit they come straight in. 

What a game that was, pretty obvious now why we wanted as much as we did for Toney.

Feel a bit for Leeds in that they probably could have scored 1 or 2 more, but tbh, we created so many chances at the beginning of the game and throughout that we still could have scored a few more than just 5, a merited win. I don't think they should have had a penalty though as a second before the foul in the box that would have caused it, Hickey had pulled back their players shirt in a separate foul that was separate to him tripping their man. Free kick at best. Can see why it riled their bench though.

Was disappointed with their first goal as once Mee missed the header Sinisterra seemed so have a free run on goal essentially, was a lovely finish though.

Lewis-Potter is fitting into this team so well, really makes our front 3 a lot more dynamic with his running and allows us space to open up for others to exploit.

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still can't believe the Mendy decision in the Chelsea game. Insane VAR came to the decision that Mendy was 'fouled' xD

Totally conned the officials there. 

Got really lucky with that decision... It was never a foul and the goal should have stood.. I thought in normal play he might have stood on Mendy's hand or something but when it was played back he just grazes him as he goes over him and don't know how they came to that decision?? Not the only controversial decision over the weekend either.. How can the officials not see what we all see... It's getting worse, Also I see that no further action would be taken with Moyes about his criticism off the officials but when Tuchel did it he got in the shit.. I don't mind Moyes not getting done for it because I can understand the anger and frustration but where's the consistency?? 

They are doing themselves no favours and the trouble it's causing is growing... 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Got really lucky with that decision... It was never a foul and the goal should have stood.. I thought in normal play he might have stood on Mendy's hand or something but when it was played back he just grazes him as he goes over him and don't know how they came to that decision?? Not the only controversial decision over the weekend either.. How can the officials not see what we all see... It's getting worse, Also I see that no further action would be taken with Moyes about his criticism off the officials but when Tuchel did it he got in the shit.. I don't mind Moyes not getting done for it because I can understand the anger and frustration but where's the consistency?? 

They are doing themselves no favours and the trouble it's causing is growing... 

I wonder if it's to do with previous offences or misdemeanours. No idea. PL/FA have rarely been consistent. 

2 hours ago, N U F C said:

Robbed of three points by a ridiculous VAR decision but had enough chances to put the game to bed without that.

Probably not quite got the points we deserve tbh put playing well enough and confident they will come.

Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle: Reactions To Isak's VAR Disallowed Goal | Viral  Trunk

Our week started off with this gems,  and ended up with the referee penalizing us for there player pushing willock into the keeper.   So we should just push players into our keeper and get goals reversed,  that is the precedent now.

The only way a on pitch decison should be reversed if there is absolute cause to show the decision was fundamentally incorrect.   A marginal offside call like the above should not be VAR reviewable as it is margin of error. 

We were again terrible in the first half, no threat no promising attacks just the same pattern with rolling the ball 30 yards from the goal. As it usually happens we scored from the first threat on goal by Antonio who could have easil been sent off for a challenge on Silva while being on a yellow card. Chilwell produced a masterpiece of a goal from the control to the finish amazing. However we didn't learn from our mistakes #volume 1 we lose the ball and Kornet manages to miss an empty goal as the ball smashes intot he post. We scored a minute later with Ben again providing the assist for Kai. We never make it easy #volume 2 as James heads a short ball in Mendy clears Kornet scores the equaliser and it was cancelled for a previous foul by Bowen on Mendy. i think 9/10 refs would give the foul but i feel it was more a gift for fucking up against Tottenham. We must do better as we are really looking poor.

Solid debut from Fofana

Mendy is an issue. Doesn't command his box anymore and opposition now know to surround him during set pieces/corners. Just becoming a liability really. His injury came at a good time as he needs dropping. Our football is dire and it seems like an impossible task to have these players move the ball with intensity week in week out. They pick and choose when to do so. 

VAR decision was a farce but some are seemingly forgetting Antonio should've been sent off on a second yellow after his closeline on Silva. 

• The topic was unpinned

Daylight Robbery.

We had some chances but Newcastle got the better of us throughout and we really had to ride some storms. Guiata inparticular had a great game.

Needless to say though we got very fortunate with that VAR decision big time. It feels like every other week we talk about a ludicrous Lee Mason decision. It's absolutely mental he was not permanently banned from being within 50 yards of a football pitch shortly after his first Premier League game. Now we're in this shocking position where he's considered an experienced figurehead that's influencing other referees with his sheer incompetence. It's laughable.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Daylight Robbery.

We had some chances but Newcastle got the better of us throughout and we really had to ride some storms. Guiata inparticular had a great game.

Needless to say though we got very fortunate with that VAR decision big time. It feels like every other week we talk about a ludicrous Lee Mason decision. It's absolutely mental he was not permanently banned from being within 50 yards of a football pitch shortly after his first Premier League game. Now we're in this shocking position where he's considered an experienced figurehead that's influencing other referees with his sheer incompetence. It's laughable.

fun fact: Lee mason was not allocated a game for this weekend.   I say he should be sent to the football league to be evaluated.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

fun fact: Lee mason was not allocated a game for this weekend.   I say he should be sent to the football league to be evaluated.

Why should they suffer?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why should they suffer?

it's not really suffering and teams get relegated on it, managers get sacked, players fined or drop a league and earn less so why should referees be excluded from assessment?  also it gives a football league ref a chance at premier league level.    I think it is equitable actually

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's not really suffering and teams get relegated on it, managers get sacked, players fined or drop a league and earn less so why should referees be excluded from assessment?  also it gives a football league ref a chance at premier league level.    I think it is equitable actually

It is suffering considering other teams could get affected quite badly if same inadequate decisions are made. I get what you mean in that it's a demotion.

Some of the decisions I've seen in the EFL this season have been incredible, in a bad sense. Some proper howlers. 

Archived