The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - [7. Spieltag] - 16-18th September 2022

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

1-1 FT, another comeback :D Can't help but be in awe of the team's morale and mentality; especially since it's something that used to be a massive ongoing issue just a couple of seasons ago. We might not have the best players, but we surely have one of the best team cohesion I've ever seen, and the work rate of everyone is impressive. If we continue like this, I have no doubts we will stay up. 

Pieper with his 5th yellow card in 7 matches, will miss the Gladbach match as a result. 

Very convincing win for Gladbach against RB. They could or even should have scored 2-3 more goals though. 

Felt sorry for Hannes Wolf though. Was subbed on and subbed off again a few minutes later after he fell on his arm/shoulder. Looked serious. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Shocking man. Entertaining match nonetheless. Right down to the last play of the match on a corner Giki stopping a Neuer header on goal xD

It would have been great to see Neuer score with that header, but Giekewicz was absolutely excellent once again. He has been superb this season and has proven himself in the past, god knows why he hasn't played for the Polish national team yet. He has been called up to the Polish national team squad in the past, but he has never been capped and has never played for them. I honestly think that he is the best Polish keeper right now, one of the best in the world, but he has not even been selected for the Polish national squad for 3 years now.

I have to say though, Bayern need to improve. They had their chances today, but honestly, a team of their high standards should not be losing to Augsburg and I say that with all due respect to Augsburg.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived