talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What's wrong with being the one who makes sure people get their work rights?

Someone that supports the Tories. A party that agreed a deal with the EU, tried to pass it through Parliament without scrutiny due to the fact that one of the vital bastard details ckntained in it was the lowering of workers rights.

41 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate... Forget any talk about coalition! Who bloody cares about that. That isn't the point Ian Dunt is making!

Lol what? There’s a general election coming up that decides our Brexit future. How in the fuck else are Labour and Lib Dems supposed to “stop the Tories” if we aren’t looking at this in the context of this upcoming election? What the fuck is the point he’s making?

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Lol what? There’s a general election coming up that decides our Brexit future. How in the fuck else are Labour and Lib Dems supposed to “stop the Tories” if we aren’t looking at this in the context of this upcoming election? What the fuck is the point he’s making?

The point he's making mate is that this bickering and cat-fighting only plays into the hands of the Tories. Not only are they doing it but as I mentioned in a previous post, where all remainers were united in one goal (Labour, Lib Dems and even some very few rare Tories), they've now put on their tribal caps and instead of focusing on each party's campaign in whatever manner they see fit, they spend as much time throwing shit at each other. Forget the fucking Lib Dems if they rub you up the wrong way and just focus on what Labour are offering.

Trust me, Ian Dunt is one of the most intelligent political journalists out there with a very moderate outlay in his general work. He's right on this one.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The point he's making mate is that this bickering and cat-fighting only plays into the hands of the Tories. Not only are they doing it but as I mentioned in a previous post, where all remainers were united in one goal (Labour, Lib Dems and even some very few rare Tories), they've now put on their tribal caps and instead of focusing on each party's campaign in whatever manner they see fit, they spend as much time throwing shit at each other. Forget the fucking Lib Dems if they rub you up the wrong way and just focus on what Labour are offering.

Trust me, Ian Dunt is one of the most intelligent political journalists out there with a very moderate outlay in his general work. He's right on this one.

I think you and @Dr. Gonzo are both right.

They should stop attacking each other and go for the Tories' necks instead. But in the same breath how do you beat the Tories if you're too busy attacking each other? That's not to say form a coalition as such, but the Tories can almost sit back a little while they see both of their 'enemies/rivals' mess about with each other. It's almost as if they're doing the work of the Tories in terms having attention taken away. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I think you and @Dr. Gonzo are both right.

They should stop attacking each other and go for the Tories' necks instead. But in the same breath how do you beat the Tories if you're too busy attacking each other? That's not to say form a coalition as such, but the Tories can almost sit back a little while they see both of their 'enemies/rivals' mess about with each other. It's almost as if they're doing the work of the Tories in terms having attention taken away. 

Mate, I don't like the fact the Lib Dems said they wouldn't form a coalition with a Corbyn led Labour Party. I think it's a ridiculous statement to make in the present climate when there aren't even any results to scrutinise now. But right now there is no coalition to talk about and the fighting will only help the Tories.

If you want the Tories out... FOCUS ON THE TORY PARTY!

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate, I don't like the fact the Lib Dems said they wouldn't form a coalition with a Corbyn led Labour Party. I think it's a ridiculous statement to make in the present climate when there aren't even any results to scrutinise now.

Eh? It's hardly ridiculous. Lib Dems are pro-Remain. Labour are led by someone who is happy to go through with Brexit.

Why wouldn't you say you wouldn't form a coalition with them?

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

Eh? It's hardly ridiculous. Lib Dems are pro-Remain. Labour are led by someone who is happy to go through with Brexit.

Because the Lib Dems know as well as anyone that the great majority of Labour MPs and Labour members are pro-remain. The Liberal Democrats have been in talks with high profile Labour shadow bench members for months in attempting to convince Jeremy Corbyn to back one of his own people for interim leader, an opportunity that went begging as there were even Tory rebels that would've agreed to someone like Kier Starmer for example. THIS Lib Dems aren't anti-Labour, they're anti-Corbyn because he is the reason the remain alliance in the HoC didn't put Brexit to bed. We have malignant cunts in Labour like Kate Hoey and Caroline Flint to name a couple which is another of the ressons why the Lib Dems aren't comfortable with this Labour Party.

But right now we are where we are and the focus of attention is to destroy an already battered and bruised Conservative Party. Both the SNP and the Libs Dems put it fantastically two days ago;

"No need to talk about coalitions as our main intention is to stop Brexit. Brexit is bad for the UK and the target is to fill the House of Commons with as many pro-EU remain MPs so that no matter the outcome, we will achieve our objective for the good of the union."

Not bothered in the slightest by politics and what goes on with these corrupt MP’s across the country but that “Workington Man” stuff has really got my back up. Tired stereotypes from privately schooled, silver spoon fed, Rugby Union playing posh country boys is despicable. It’s bordering on xenophobia, really. They wouldn’t say they needed to attract Asian corner shop, for example. 

Guy Fawkes was actually a visionary in hindsight. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

No surprise that you don't know what you're talking about. Labour have said they would attempt to renegotiate and then put any deal to a referendum against Remain. It's a far better attempt at engaging than the Lib Dems farcical 'just revoke' policy.

Labour should focus on their message, any coalition talk can wait till after the election. Labour are the only party offering a positive, hopeful message for working people.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

No surprise that you don't know what you're talking about. Labour have said they would attempt to renegotiate and then put any deal to a referendum against Remain. It's a far better attempt at engaging than the Lib Dems farcical 'just revoke' policy.

Labour should focus on their message, any coalition talk can wait till after the election. Labour are the only party offering a positive, hopeful message for working people.

Labour are happy to let the people decide but they're not taking Brexit off the table are they? So while they're happy to renegotiate, leaving Brexit is still an option under their referendum options, no?

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Labour are happy to let the people decide but they're not taking Brexit off the table are they? So while they're happy to renegotiate, leaving Brexit is still an option under their referendum options, no? 

Removing the option of Brexit altogether would be outrageous, you can't just dismiss it, as much as the London bubble would like that. The Lib Dems only have that as their policy because they know they are incapable of winning.

Edited by The Artful Dodger

58 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Not bothered in the slightest by politics and what goes on with these corrupt MP’s across the country but that “Workington Man” stuff has really got my back up. Tired stereotypes from privately schooled, silver spoon fed, Rugby Union playing posh country boys is despicable. It’s bordering on xenophobia, really. They wouldn’t say they needed to attract Asian corner shop, for example. 

Guy Fawkes was actually a visionary in hindsight. 

The irony of this post. I dislike people being generalised by people I then generalise about. Again the bizzarre anti rugby union stuff surfaces to they must have really upset you as a kid. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Especially if Farage steps aside for the Conservatives which is starting to look possible.

A slight twist in that Farage has essentially said he'll only step aside if Johnson rubbishes his own deal, no chance of that so it's likely they will be running candidates in most of the country.

The Labour Party have some great policies and few can deny this other than people that want to hoard money and not have a care in the world of abusing those that help create that money for them, ie workers.

It's bloody hilarious that the Conservative Party are purporting themselves as the party of change, to change things for the UK from the NHS, to policing, to education, to the environment when they're the ones that have been in bloody government for the last 9 years and it's their cuts that have generated this misery in the first place. Ironic that they're in actual fact campaigning against their own governance.

The Lib Dems right now are barren of policies other than remaining in the EU or so it seems but there is an important factor there that cannot be denied and that is that Brexit IS IMPORTANT and it has rightly dominated the political and national sphere for over three and a half years... The reason being, it has to be sorted and the best way to sort it after acquiring all the facts and knowledge is to remain in the EU and reform from within as from the outside you haven't got a chance in hell. So they're a useful tool, a tool they seem to be willing to be so as to achieve that target. They know full well they cannot win a GE but they have created and gained enough momentum to hurt the Tory Party in England alone and if the Labour Party were smart, they'd back that and leave them to their own devices while doing what they need to do which is to address the real reason why many voted Brexit which is that they've been forgotten and been left to rot.

I haven't a fucking clue as to how the Labour Party plan to finance their utopia-for-all, but what's written  on paper sounds fair and just. Many Scandanavian countries employ much of what Corbyn wants to achieve so it's not exactly as Communist as the Tories or other extreme right wing scumbags would like to make people believe.

But always remember this! What the right offer is in actual fact very appealing because what it sells is a false possibility of everyone having the chance to be a mega big shot with their vision of how society should be run when in actual fact what they believe in is protecting the extremel wealthy while permitting the use and abuse of workers. 

11 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

The irony of this post. I dislike people being generalised by people I then generalise about. Again the bizzarre anti rugby union stuff surfaces to they must have really upset you as a kid. 

Don’t you have embarrassing “I can’t be racist, I eat curry” or “I can’t be homophobic, I’ve watched Brokeback Mountain” type posts to make when people point out your racist and homophobic posts?

Not upset at all but just don’t really like bigotry. 

6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Don’t you have embarrassing “I can’t be racist, I eat curry” or “I can’t be homophobic, I’ve watched Brokeback Mountain” type posts to make when people point out your racist and homophobic posts?

Not upset at all but just don’t really like bigotry and rugby union because they made me feel inadequate. 

Fixed for you. 

Also I never said anything homophobic I just said from my experience they liked lewd jokes and even homophobic gags. 

But you labelled me homophobic and have just repeated it incessantly now so you believe your own bs. 

In fairness though you are a bit of a whinging cunt so it’s not surprising. 

19 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The Labour Party have some great policies and few can deny this other than people that want to hoard money and not have a care in the world of abusing those that help create that money for them, ie workers.

It's bloody hilarious that the Conservative Party are purporting themselves as the party of change, to change things for the UK from the NHS, to policing, to education, to the environment when they're the ones that have been in bloody government for the last 9 years and it's their cuts that have generated this misery in the first place. Ironic that they're in actual fact campaigning against their own governance.

The Lib Dems right now are barren of policies other than remaining in the EU or so it seems but there is an important factor there that cannot be denied and that is that Brexit IS IMPORTANT and it has rightly dominated the political and national sphere for over three and a half years... The reason being, it has to be sorted and the best way to sort it after acquiring all the facts and knowledge is to remain in the EU and reform from within as from the outside you haven't got a chance in hell. So they're a useful tool, a tool they seem to be willing to be so as to achieve that target. They know full well they cannot win a GE but they have created and gained enough momentum to hurt the Tory Party in England alone and if the Labour Party were smart, they'd back that and leave them to their own devices while doing what they need to do which is to address the real reason why many voted Brexit which is that they've been forgotten and been left to rot. 

I haven't a fucking clue as to how the Labour Party plan to finance their utopia-for-all, but what's written  on paper sounds fair and just. Many Scandanavian countries employ much of what Corbyn wants to achieve so it's not exactly as Communist as the Tories or other extreme right wing scumbags would like to make people believe.

But always remember this! What the right offer is in actual fact very appealing because what it sells is a false possibility of everyone having the chance to be a mega big shot with their vision of how society should be run when in actual fact what they believe in is protecting the extremel wealthy while permitting the use and abuse of workers.  

It's fairly simple to fund, taxation. We are a low tax country and look like one, everyone moans but nobody wants to pay for anything! This isn't an anti-rich tirade, I want people to be able to make money and lead prosperous lives but a slight rise in tax wouldn't change that. Not just the rich either, I'm very far from being rich but wouldn't object to an extra £20-50 pound coming out of my pay packet if I knew it was going to help this country get itself together and flourish, everywhere, again.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's fairly simple to fund, taxation. We are a low tax country and look like one, everyone moans but nobody wants to pay for anything! This isn't an anti-rich tirade, I want people to be able to make money and lead prosperous lives but a slight rise in tax wouldn't change that. Not just the rich either, I'm very far from being rich but wouldn't object to an extra £20-50 pound coming out of my pay packet if I knew it was going to help this country get itself together and flourish, everywhere, again.

I fully agree and there are many others that feel the same too. I have no problem whatsoever with paying my dues to make the UK a fairer place to reside in and inclusive for all. The US made itself great (initially) on being inclusive (considering the more primative mindsets on achieving such a goal) and that is part of what we have to change. The happiest countries statistically in the world are those that pay more taxes which is why I referred to the Scandinavian region who are top of the happy list.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

If they put their deal against Remain in a referendum and the people choose Remain then why should they take Brexit off the table?

• The title was changed to UK Politics & Brexit Discussion
  • The topic was pinned