talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

14 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm nowhere near. Haven't played it since I got to the 300 or so mark.

Worth cracking on mate. Hit those silver metallic blocks in each level and it shows you where every moon is on the map, so doesn't take long to collect the next 200.... toadette alone gives you 25.

This last level there is 14 fkn difficult stages to get up to Bowser. All needs to be done in one take. Die and you go back to the start. 

I'm right into it but would say it's definitely the most difficult piece in  any mario game. I'm determined to finish it. 

Edited by Harry

I had a few days off work (I'm back in the office today, gutted)… but in that time off I built myself a PC. Something I can play games on, and I haven't had a gaming PC in a long time. Now that I've got this fancy PC though all I want to do is... go back to Fallout New Vegas. So I loaded up steam and fucked off a bunch of newer graphically brilliant games and am starting a New Vegas playthrough.

Any suggestions on mods for it? @Batard, New Vegas is your jam right? Any tips? It's been a long time since I've wandered the Mojave Wasteland.

• Subscriber

I'm replaying the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy on my PS3. Last night finished 100%ing the second game and just started the third. I never played anything after the third game when I were a lad, don't know whether I'll have a go at Ratchet Gladiator this time.

Finished Sleeping Dogs fully now and may give Fortnite a shot to see what the fuss is about.

On 06/07/2018 at 19:49, RandoEFC said:

I'm replaying the original Ratchet and Clank trilogy on my PS3. Last night finished 100%ing the second game and just started the third. I never played anything after the third game when I were a lad, don't know whether I'll have a go at Ratchet Gladiator this time.

I've been meaning to try the first one at least as it was a remake on PS4. Heard generally good things about the series as a whole.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Finished Sleeping Dogs fully now and may give Fortnite a shot to see what the fuss is about.

I've been meaning to try the first one at least as it was a remake on PS4. Heard generally good things about the series as a whole.

The remake is awful, absolutely butchers the original game. However if you've never played the originals on PS2 they aren't there to be spoiled for you so it might be decent on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Started Shadow of Mordor at long last after buying it 3 and a half years ago.

Liking it so far, though started a bow challenge that required 10 headshots to complete. No probs.........until three captains (aka the bosses) came from nowhere and basically raped me along with extra arrows in the ass and knee for good measure from the archers. I'll be having that cunt in due time.

• Upvote 1

Really starting to like this now, mainly for the nemesis system and the stories you can get out of it at times.

Today saw me trying to leg it from a Caragor (basically a wolf thing) as I hate fighting the bastards. I didn't realise that a captain was nearby and he came to attack me..........except that he had a fear of Caragors and shit himself when he saw it. Cue the Caragor mauling the fuck out of him while I fought the other orcs that tagged along. He eventually got free (but very weak) and legged it for dear life. Not letting the opportunity go to waste, I gave chase. Unfortunately for the poor sod, he ran into a fire and died. 

Just now, Cannabis said:

Tempted mate, it's the Fallout that I've had the most fun with. 

I've just seen that the Fallout 4 DLC's are on sale too. I bought the season pass on my old account that's linked up in the spare room but haven't got it on my main account in the living room. Tempted to give these a go again too as I never got round to Nuka-World. £20 for the collection or £10 just for Nuka.

I was pretty disappointed with Nuka World tbh. Far Harbor was great, but the DLC for Fallout 4 was crap. Meanwhile New Vegas has great DLC campaigns - it really is the best Fallout game.

Just now, Cannabis said:

I've not even touched it as I didn't get round to it. What's the crack with it then? Just pretty bland?

For the record, even though I didn't like how they stripped down a lot of the RPG element to Fallout 4... I still loved Fallout 4, it's a great game. Especially on survivor mode, but that's a different story all together really.

But my problems with Fallout 4's Nuka World are this:

1.) I didn't like the story. In the base game there were a lot of people complaining about the removal of karma and how you couldn't really play as an evil character because ultimately you'd just be roll playing as a bad guy who ends up doing the same quests as anyone else playing the game. It's a fair criticism. With Far Harbor, I actually felt like they returned to their old ways of having meaningful choices behind your characters choices. In Nuka World, though, you feel forced into being "evil" - that's how I felt, at least. Even the "good" plot line doesn't have you out as some good guy.

2.) Minutemen plot expanded - the Minutemen are the worst part of FO4 imo. Boring storyline, boring quests, etc. This is more of that.

3.) Not enough new guns, and I liked the AK... but then there's the problem of ammo scarcity. The ammo is VERY scarce for it.

4.) The theme park idea is great, it's a good setting. But it just doesn't feel... alive and the map feels pretty empty. Which makes sense considering it's a wasteland... but even in the barren wastes of the Mojave, I never feel like it's totally dead. And as you know... patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

I just bought RimWorld and its a lot of fun. I'm currently playing in the Tropical Rainforest and still getting a grip of how everything works. Playing as a crashlanding team.

Pretty much completed Shadow of Mordor (bar a few trophies) but unsure of what to play next as Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out at the end of the month and I don't really want to start anything big.

Tempted to buy Death Road to Canada on PS4, especially as I have a small amount in my balance on the PS Store.

• Subscriber

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/ikaruga-switch

Got this today on the Switch. Its an overhead shooter with a bit of a twist and yes its a classic. I remember playing this on the GameCube when it came out, pretty short but the real challenge is using the polarity switch to chain which isn't as easy as it looks.

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Devon Von Devon said:

Does anyone still plays SNES games on emulator :x

Built a Raspberry Pi box just for that alone haha. Some of the games from that era are still top-notch and full of entertainment. Played a PSOne emulator classic Castlevania : Symphony of the Night some months ago, what a blast from the past.

• Upvote 1

On 02/08/2018 at 21:00, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Pretty much completed Shadow of Mordor (bar a few trophies) but unsure of what to play next as Yakuza Kiwami 2 is out at the end of the month and I don't really want to start anything big.

Tempted to buy Death Road to Canada on PS4, especially as I have a small amount in my balance on the PS Store.

Following this and seeing random videos, I've started to do a Pokèmon Leaf Green nuzlocke. First attempt was..........shit, to put it simply. Second attempt has been much better so far.

After this, it'll likely be Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Death Road to Canada, though I like the looks of Dead Cells as well.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Following this and seeing random videos, I've started to do a Pokèmon Leaf Green nuzlocke. First attempt was..........shit, to put it simply. Second attempt has been much better so far.

After this, it'll likely be Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Death Road to Canada, though I like the looks of Dead Cells as well.

What's a nuzlocke?

32 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

What's a nuzlocke?

Basically playing through the game in 'hard mode'. Two main rules:

1. If a pokémon faints, it is considered dead and must be released. It can't be used again.

2. You can only catch the first thing you see in any new area.

However, I've seen some use a 'duplicate' clause in that if you catch, for example, a Pidgey in one area and the first one you see in a new area is Pidgey, you can catch the next new one (otherwise you could end up with a team full of the same pokémon).

To make it harder as well, some will not use healing items in battle and have a setting changed so that you don't know what the next pokémon is when in a battle (in the games, you're told that your opponent will use a certain pokémon next and if you wish to change. The setting change means that you can't switch beforehand).

I pretty much follow all the above just to make it a little more challenging.

• Subscriber
On 12/08/2018 at 20:11, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Id say give Dead Cells a look. Played it on Steam so no interest on going for it on my Switch anymore but its very good. Of course I say this because I play anything that has the word Castlevania in it and I don't mean the new ones but the older side-scrolling platformers