talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shit Beer Tier List - a TF365 community project

football forum

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The two reasons you silly bastards think that glass has a different taste than cans is because you lot probably pour your glass bottle beers into actual glasses, which agitates the carbonation and releases more aroma. The second is because you’re putting your bloody mouth on a piece of aluminium and thinking ‘this tastes like metal’, because it fucking is metal, but that isn’t the beer taste, and it’s i possible for the beer to have a metal taste from a can because the inside is coated in a thin plastic.

Glass sucks, they break, are heavy, and are much more dangerous, because they can explode, or people can be hurt on the debris. 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Spike said:

The two reasons you silly bastards think that glass has a different taste than cans is because you lot probably pour your glass bottle beers into actual glasses, which agitates the carbonation and releases more aroma. The second is because you’re putting your bloody mouth on a piece of aluminium and thinking ‘this tastes like metal’, because it fucking is metal, but that isn’t the beer taste, and it’s i possible for the beer to have a metal taste from a can because the inside is coated in a thin plastic.

Glass sucks, they break, are heavy, and are much more dangerous, because they can explode, or people can be hurt on the debris. 

Most of the time I pour beer into an actual glass, regardless if it comes from a can or a bottle, and in that case yeah, it's probably impossible to tell the difference. But I do drink it straight out of the bottle at times, and it's still heavenly. Drinking out of a can sucks ass for the reasons you gave, and should only be done if you're 14, if you're camping/on a hike, or if you're an alcoholic who downs the can they just bought at the Kiosk :P 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Most of the time I pour beer into an actual glass, regardless if it comes from a can or a bottle, and in that case yeah, it's probably impossible to tell the difference. But I do drink it straight out of the bottle at times, and it's still heavenly. Drinking out of a can sucks ass for the reasons you gave, and should only be done if you're 14, if you're camping/on a hike, or if you're an alcoholic who downs the can they just bought at the Kiosk :P 

Glass has a higher environmental impact than aluminium, and lower recycling efficiency. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Honestly don't know wtf you are on about. 

Ffs, close your eyes when you have a can and pretend it’s glass. It’s a common idiom meaning that if you don’t acknowledge it’s existence it doesn’t exist.

… But if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes
Does it almost feel like you've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this? 🎶

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Ffs, close your eyes when you have a can and pretend it’s glass. It’s a common idiom meaning that if you don’t acknowledge it’s existence it doesn’t exist.

I know what the idiom means, it's just that this whole conversation makes no sense whatsoever xD 

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

I know what the idiom means, it's just that this whole conversation makes no sense whatsoever xD 

I give up. It was literally just a joke about pretending cans were bottles by closing your eyes. I didn’t realise it was a bloody riddle, I knew Tommy wouldn’t understand because that’s a given but I was shocked nonetheless :ph34r:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Close your eyes and pretend it's a glass when you're drinking out of a can.

How many beers you had :P?

Just now, Spike said:

I give up. It was literally just a joke about pretending cans were bottles by closing your eyes. I didn’t realise it was a bloody riddle, I knew Tommy wouldn’t understand because that’s a given but I was shocked nonetheless :ph34r:

Hey man, I got it. You think our taste is biased because we know it comes from a can, but if you close your eyes, you can't tell the difference. I'm not dumb. Well, maybe a little, but at least I'm self aware. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

See Stan gets jokes because I taught him about them one time. Good man remembering the lesson.

Just now, Tommy said:

Hey man, I got it. You think our taste is biased because we know it comes from a can, but if you close your eyes, you can't tell the difference. I'm not dumb. Well, maybe a little, but at least I'm self aware. 

Hence the :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Just now, Stan said:

Jesus Christ, I understood that. I just don't see how it makes any sense when I literally said that I pour my beer into an actual glass or drink it straight out of the bottle, but not out of a can because it sucks ass. Meaning I don't drink out of a can. Meaning I don't have to close my eyes and pretend. Meaning this is bizarre and we should all be drinking and rating shit beers instead xD 

Just now, nudge said:

Jesus Christ, I understood that. I just don't see how it makes any sense when I literally said that I pour my beer into an actual glass or drink it straight out of the bottle, but not out of a can because it sucks ass. Meaning I don't drink out of a can. Meaning I don't have to close my eyes and pretend. Meaning this is bizarre and we should all be drinking and rating shit beers instead xD 

Close your eyes when you pour it then

Archived