talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Shit Beer Tier List - a TF365 community project

football forum

• Subscriber

Honestly, for what it's worth, I am always open to trying new beers and I like to mix it up a bit instead of drinking the same beer all over again, but in the end, I personally will always return to pilsners as my main choice.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, nudge said:

Honestly, for what it's worth, I am always open to trying new beers and I like to mix it up a bit instead of drinking the same beer all over again, but in the end, I personally will always return to pilsners as my main choice.

As I've gotten older I've just started sticking with the same lagers that I started off drinking when I started to drink.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

From what I generally look in this thread, nearly all the beers/lagers I've had are shit.

This depresses me. :(

Not at all. Taste is subjective unless it's seriously and obviously rank.

10 hours ago, nudge said:

I posted this earlier in the thread, but the taste difference in Singha brewed in Thailand compared to it brewed under license in other countries is often very significant. Which is a shame, as the original is truly a very enjoyable lager. 

I find that with Asahi and Kirin beers too.

• Subscriber

And here I have been drinking rum and getting drunk when I could have contributed to the shit drinking experiment. I shall get some shit beer this weekend and post my thoughts. P.S. They are all shit here with maybe one exception or two. 

I'll also try some shit beer in Thailand this weekend. Has anyone tried Tiger? Drank it years ago and thought it was quite good. Edit: nvm nudge has.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

And here I have been drinking rum and getting drunk when I could have contributed to the shit drinking experiment

It's a better level of drunk to be fair. 

I've noticed recently I've stopped drinking lots of beer and gravitate towards the shorts much quicker. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

It's a better level of drunk to be fair. 

I've noticed recently I've stopped drinking lots of beer and gravitate towards the shorts much quicker. 

Can't argue there. Beer tends to take a while for me to get in vs drinking something neat which I much prefer in smaller doses. 

Had a Modelo Especial last night. Crisp and refreshing but not very full in flavor.  In music terms I'd say high treble but no mid or bass. Also, it's not quite right without a lime or Mexican food. Just the right amount of hops for a shit beer.

20221123_185309.jpg

I also had Modelo Especial last night, but I went out so I had those little American pints rather than from the bottle.

Its Mexican. I think it’s 4.something%. I had a slice of lime in each glass too which I think makes every Mexican beer better. A nice refreshing shit beer.

5.5/10 with limes 

7 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Can't argue there. Beer tends to take a while for me to get in vs drinking something neat which I much prefer in smaller doses. 

I like that with beer I can sort of control how drunk I am (unless I’m binge drinking), whereas with other alcohol I tend to go from “this is a nice feeling” to “hahahah I’m fucking wasted” in no time.

• Subscriber

From yesterday's beers, I only actually drank two... 

Hoegaarden (Belgium, but brewed under license in Vietnam, witbier, 4.9%) - I really like Hoegaarden, a true classic. Perfect for when you want to have a wheat beer, but also want something lighter and less filling than a typical Hefeweizen from Bayern. Very very refreshing. A very solid 7.5/10. Not sure about the price here, as I threw the receipt away haha. Think it's around $1.8/330ml. 

Tiger Crystal (originally Singapore, but brewed in Cambodia, lager, 4.2%) - as mentioned earlier in another thread, this is my go-to weak beer for lunch. Very light, inoffensive flavour (or rather barely any flavour at all), barely registers as beer. Very refreshing when served ice cold and with a slice of lime. 5/10. $15/24-pack.

So I still have the Budweiser and Singha left from yesterday, and also got this today:

LLv9wDV.jpeg 

• Subscriber

Budweiser (USA, lager, 5%) - A bit funky smell, the flavour you'd expect from a simple generic lager seems to be there but extremely thinned out, and there's just sticky artificial sweetness which lingers at the back of my throat like corn syrup, and then a short-lived funky aftertaste. I imagine it would give quite a nasty headache... So anyway, this is definitely not for me. Easily the worst beer I drank since we started this experiment, although not the worst beer I drank in my life. 3/10. Again not sure about the price, but I think it was around $1.5/330 ml can.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Coma said:

Oh, so there's a new twist to the contest then. 

Didn't realize this was a contest... xD

But seriously, that beer is vile. I only dumped two beers in a sink in the past few years, this was one of them...

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Tommy said:

I don't want to drink shitty beer. 

185_600x.jpg?v=1619818597

I had this crap tonight. Tasted weird. Very sweet, very malty, kind of smelt like Banana?  I just want to drink good German beer. 

This is one of probably quite a few beers that taste better out of a bottle than a can. I'm not scientific enough to explain why but last Xmas my dad brought a few cans of it, and my brother a few bottles. The bottled version tasted so much better and cleaner. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Coke tastes better out of a glass bottle too, compared to a can or plastic bottle. 

Yep. Everything tastes better out of a glass bottle, really. And it's also perfect for reuse and recycling, can do that to infinity. Should have never stopped glass packaging as a norm for almost everything... I hate plastic packaging with passion xD Cans are shit, too.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep. Everything tastes better out of a glass bottle, really. And it's also perfect for reuse and recycling, can do that to infinity. Should have never stopped glass packaging as a norm for almost everything... I hate plastic packaging with passion xD Cans are shit, too.

Glass is a lot heavier though. 😬

Archived