talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group G - R3 - Cameroon 1-0 Brazil - Friday 2nd December, 2022

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 19.00 (GMT)

660b7581762a57d330e8b28ec410f1ab.jpg          VS      1200px-Brazilian_Football_Confederation_

Venue - Lusail Iconic Stadium, Lusail

image.png

- Brazil just need to draw to finish top
- Cameroon have to win and hope Switzerland lose, or win by more than 1 goal if Switzerland draw

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Martinelli looks the most threatening, and perhaps Antony on the wing. But Brazil lack a bit of creativity and cutting edge. Probably expected given the amount of changes.

Quite a few Cameroon defenders on yellows... 

• The title was changed to Group G - R3 - Cameroon 1-0 Brazil - Friday 2nd December, 2022
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, Machado said:

This is anyone's world cup at this point isn't it? No unbeatable super teams. I wouldn't be surprised if Japan somehow win it. It really does feel like something crazy will happen.

I'd love an Asian side to win it honestly but I don't think that will happen. However, out of all of the teams from Asia they are who I'd put my bet on to go far. 

Well, like some of the other top sides that had already qualified before their final group match, Brazil rested many players and lost. Credit to Cameroon though, they battled and got their reward in the end, with Aboubakar's injury time goal. But it wasn't enough for Cameroon, as Switzerland's win over Serbia, ensured that the Swiss advance along with Brazil to the next round.

Archived