talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round of 16 - Argentina 2-1 Australia - Saturday 3rd December, 2022

football forum

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia have done well to graft their way through but it feels like Argentina are just starting to find something that works well for them. 

They could have really stuffed Poland had they been more clinical, but perhaps the fact they didn't doesn't heighten expectations too much.

It's going to be interesting to see if Messi has it in him to go up the gears also. Thought he had a great game v Poland despite a few signs of his ageing, but he's still got some magic in his boots.

Let's hope we get to see it a while longer.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuck Argentina. Fuck the dodgy pen they got. I want Australia to do them 1-0 off a deflected cross that finds Cumdog who's shot takes 3 deflection and goes in.

I will fly to Wollongong and fuck you if that happens.

• Subscriber

You have to play physical against this Argentina team to get anything out of this game. Disrupting their midfield game and forcing them to play the silly passing like they did against Mexico will totally destroy their chance-creation game.

I hope Enzo gets more game-time here because I feel like he has the energy and skill to cause problems. 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

6 am and here I am. Most significant game in Aus history. I want them to win, BUT if they lose I want the game to at least be interesting. 

An illegal penalty in 120+29 minute isn’t exciting enough?

• The title was changed to Round of 16 - Argentina 2-1 Australia - Saturday 3rd December, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived