talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Notts Forest 1-1 Chelsea - Sunday 1st January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely outplayed tonight, Forest deserved to win with the amount of chances they created. We scored from our only shot that was any good. Created nothing defended poor and our midfield has been shit for years. The defence isn't our problem, we have no midfield. When any team attacks they just ran pass the midfield directly into the defense who has no cover. Definitely the part of the pitch we need to invest the most apart from a striker. For years we had a quality midfield but now for years we don't. Incredible that none of the managers seen it and failed to adress the issue. Now twice City in three days could be guly but could be a breaking point.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Danny said:

Redknapp and Souness are terrible to watch, what value do you really ever get from listening to Souness?

Souness said Sterling's finish was 'fantastic' xD 

Virtually an open goal from 2 yards out.

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Agreed but it's a shame that with the size and experience of the squad we have that we didn't have enough to beat a team struggling near the bottom, appreciate Forest have been good at home and our away form has been shit but we didn't have even 1 shot on target in 45 second half minutes... not for the first time this season 

You should definitely produce more with what you have, regardless of whether you need more midfielders or an attacker.

But the enthusiasm and energy in the team is completely devoid. They just seem to be going through their paces really.

I'm just not sure Potter quite knows the system he wants to play and the prefered players in that system yet. It doesn't help losing two dynamic players like James and Chilwell but the enthusiasm of others like Sterling, Gallagher, Pulisic etc wouldn't fill me with confidence. Gallagher doesn't look himself at all.

Nothing seems "settled" with your team and I don't think players ever produce good performances when it's like that. It's hard when you don't feel like the manager has a lot of faith in you.

Sadly for Potter, I'm not sure he'll get the time he deserves to shape his team. This is going to need at least two windows under him and I couldn't hand on heart say he would be there this time next year.

Financially it was a good move, but surely Potter knew that he wouldn’t be afforded many ‘blips’ at that club. He had a really great things going, and should have waited for a more stable place to step up to, something like Spurs. 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

Chelsea are just so poor. Think there's a chance they don't even get into Europe.

Genuinely hope so. This team doesn’t even deserve conference league.

I can speak for most Chelsea fans in saying there is so little emotional attachment to this group of players. Bar Silva and James, they are an extremely dislikable group given the pattern recognition we’ve seen from them the past 3-4 seasons. You know what you’re going to get. Zero improvement. 

I’d rather we fall down the table and the new board see first hand the utter dross of players that need clearing out. These contract extension talks need to cease. Give Potter control if this team and clear the lot.

2023 and fucking Azpilicueta is still our starting RB and Jorginho still our starting DM. Jesus Christ. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived