talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

I've bought the in game editor only to become unsackable. I don't plan to use it for anything else.

The sacking expectations are so unrealistic. Its all based on numbers. If your 3 points behind from 1st but you're in 12th, you still get sacked or get ultimatums. Its so unrealistic.

I'm building something and I'm fed up of getting sacked for bullshit. Some won't like what I'm doing but ultimately this is the way I'm choosing to play the game.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Stan said:

you cheated xD 

pathetic.

Its cheating, but I have my arguments against that.

Its just the way I want to play the game. With peace. Besides, who said I would get sacked anyhow? Its all hypothetical.

• Administrator

but now you'll never know and there's no point in playing by becoming unsackable. You can literally fuck the club over, play shit, lose the club money, lose all the best players, get relegated. but what does it matter? you're a cheat xD 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Blue said:

Does anyone else feel the boards on this game don't give enough time?

Playing as AIK at the moment (will update based on how my first season ends) and I'm not doing so well but I also feel like there isn't much I can do about it. My tactics are working for the most part. I've changed all my shooting training to have the best coaches available, yet every game we miss so many chances that we lose and I feel like its the games fault and not my own.

I'm almost considering cheating or buying the "no sack" addition just to play in peace as I'm fucking tired of getting sacked because my players don't want to finish a chance. I'll admit I'm no tactical mastermind, but I'm doing everything right in this instance and the game still fucks me over.

I've learned in previous games that the first few seasons are always the toughest and once you develop your own side, it becomes easy. Kind of like a domino effect. If I don't have time to do that, I can't get a save going.

first bold - what about your defence? Defending coaching good enough? No support from the midfield? Maybe your strikers aren't good enough? 

second bold - that may be your issue - you may not be doing everything right; clearly not if the formation isn't working and personnel aren't responding to you or the way you manage? do you praise your team, motivate them? always criticise them or angry at them?

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

but now you'll never know and there's no point in playing by becoming unsackable. You can literally fuck the club over, play shit, lose the club money, lose all the best players, get relegated. but what does it matter? you're a cheat xD 

I may be a cheat but I don't consider it cheating that much. I much prefer to do this then to reload a game when I lose a match.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

first bold - what about your defence? Defending coaching good enough? No support from the midfield? Maybe your strikers aren't good enough? 

second bold - that may be your issue - you may not be doing everything right; clearly not if the formation isn't working and personnel aren't responding to you or the way you manage? do you praise your team, motivate them? always criticise them or angry at them?

Defence is good. At least the 2 CB's are. Midfield might be my issue though.

My complaint though is that I get a ton of shots at goal (clear cut chances too) and they always hit the post or straight to the keeper with the game just teasing me despite hiring the best attacking coaches possible. I switched my training to shooting and they still can't bury a chance. Not like I have bad forwards either.

• Administrator
Just now, Blue said:

I may be a cheat but I don't consider it cheating that much. I much prefer to do this then to reload a game when I lose a match.

Defence is good. At least the 2 CB's are. Midfield might be my issue though.

My complaint though is that I get a ton of shots at goal (clear cut chances too) and they always hit the post or straight to the keeper with the game just teasing me despite hiring the best attacking coaches possible. I switched my training to shooting and they still can't bury a chance. Not like I have bad forwards either.

what are their stats? Are they in the right role relevant to the formation you're playing?

Maybe the training focus needs tweaking - not always on shooting but balancing it out over time or just having to balanced anyway. 

Do you interact with the players? Let them know you have faith in them despite the poor form etc

On 2/2/2018 at 09:50, Stan said:

what are their stats? Are they in the right role relevant to the formation you're playing?

Maybe the training focus needs tweaking - not always on shooting but balancing it out over time or just having to balanced anyway. 

Do you interact with the players? Let them know you have faith in them despite the poor form etc

I'm playing them all to their strengths.

But you may be right on the training focus. I feel I've lost the balance. I'll have a look.

20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

The one guy that owns an actual football club has to cheat at football manager. The fucking irony.

You look so small time always looking for new ways to fuel your weird vendetta against me. Bore off and get a life.

• Subscriber

Thoroughly enjoying my Ajax game - not sure where to begin, 4 seasons in now, have 3 league titles, 2 Dutch Cups and a Europa League. We only qualified from our CL group for the first time this year - and made it to the QF's but we're progressing. My team is pretty great and I've managed to keep 90% of my star players - they have a great team spirit and Veltman manages to convince them all to stay when they want to leave. 

Getting all sorts of offers now but I want to win the CL with Ajax, if possible. Nothing else I can do domestically really.

• Subscriber
On 1/26/2018 at 18:39, Stan said:

this game really knows how to fucking anger me sometimes.

Lost count of the amount of times I've had to make 3 subs due to shit performance of players/injuries/cards and then a player gets fucking injured so have to play with 10 for the rest of the game. Fucking joke.

I've absolutely no doubt what so ever that the algebra is formulated in such a way that you're more likely to get an injury after making three subs than when you haven't, regardless of natural fatigue during the game.

• Subscriber
On 1/27/2018 at 13:06, Stan said:

Right, I know I'm playing in France and it's only a friendly, but I'd rather not play at Roland Garros on clay for pre-season preparations...

Eveil de Lyon v OL_ Match Line Ups.png

Does your formation guarantee scoring 2 goals in every game?

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Does your formation guarantee scoring 2 goals in every game?

based on last season I scored 2 goals in:

31 out of the 38 league games
6 out of 6 French Cup games (2 of which were against lower league opposition)
3 out of 4 League Cup games 
10 out of 13 Champions League games

Which is a total of 50 out of 61 games where 2 goals are scored. 

So while not a guarantee, it happens very regularly!

How come?!

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Stan said:

based on last season I scored 2 goals in:

31 out of the 38 league games
6 out of 6 French Cup games (2 of which were against lower league opposition)
3 out of 4 League Cup games 
10 out of 13 Champions League games

Which is a total of 50 out of 61 games where 2 goals are scored. 

So while not a guarantee, it happens very regularly!

How come?!

You scored bang on 2 goals in 50 games out of 61?

Why 2? Look at the formation.

Decided to try something different but still relatively simple. I'm playing a 3-5-2-0. No strikers just 2 AMC's. Its working wonders for me so far as I always go 3-0 up early and am currently on a 6 game winning run. Basically I have the shadow striker and trequartista do all the attacking while the BBM joins them and everyone else stays back. As always, you need to have 3 really good center backs and really good CM's for this to work. You can get away with decentish to poor wide players as well as poor AMC's. The CB's and the CM's are oe

a48488f1c04f2a76538a8e0c4a9aabfd.jpg

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Cannabis said:

When's the Winter Update out lads?

came out a couple of days ago I think.

If you're on Steam, I think sometimes you have to quit and restart it for it to take effect. It may do it automatically. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Probably the weirdest own goal ever xD?

97dd52f4009d490ab300d4812169108f.gif

The weird part being that Everton made it out of their own half against Man City? Or that we've pushed 8 outfield players over the halfway line?

• Subscriber

Sorry if this has been spoken about - but FM18 is really easy to manage players.

Basically 99/100 if you have a player that wants to move, unhappy etc. you get another player to talk to them and it solves. Literally with my Ajax team I never have to deal with it myself.

I finally won the CL in the 5th season with the club, pretty amazing achievement but now not got much else to achieve. Won the Club World Championship too, so nothing left to win. Honours are something like 5 League titles, 3 Dutch Cups,  1 CL, 1 Europa League, 1 CWC.

Manchester United are far too good though - before that they won 4 CL's in a row, and I beat them finally in the final of the one I won. They'd knocked me out in the semis the two years previously 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Sorry if this has been spoken about - but FM18 is really easy to manage players.

Basically 99/100 if you have a player that wants to move, unhappy etc. you get another player to talk to them and it solves. Literally with my Ajax team I never have to deal with it myself.

I finally won the CL in the 5th season with the club, pretty amazing achievement but now not got much else to achieve. Won the Club World Championship too, so nothing left to win. Honours are something like 5 League titles, 3 Dutch Cups,  1 CL, 1 Europa League, 1 CWC.

Manchester United are far too good though - before that they won 4 CL's in a row, and I beat them finally in the final of the one I won. They'd knocked me out in the semis the two years previously 

100% this. Especially if the player that you ask to deal with it is high up in the social hierarchy and has the high leadership attributes. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived