• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/07/2018 at 09:43, The Palace Fan said:

I wish. The speed of the mobile version given the detail is immense.

How are you finding it in comparison to the PC?

On 11/07/2018 at 16:27, RandoEFC said:

I love Football Manager but I've never been one to buy every version. The first one I really got into as a teenager was Championship Manager 2003-04 before the franchise split into two. I bought and played FM 2007 a lot, then FM 2010, FM 2012 then a big gap until FM 2017.

Championship Manager 2 was the first one I ever played. Was pretty detailed even then. Remember being sacked from Newcastle as I tried a front 3 of Ferdinand, Asprilla and a young Kluivert. 

Didn't help that I played Shaka Hislop up front often as well.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

How are you finding it in comparison to the PC?

Championship Manager 2 was the first one I ever played. Was pretty detailed even then. Remember being sacked from Newcastle as I tried a front 3 of Ferdinand, Asprilla and a young Kluivert. 

Didn't help that I played Shaka Hislop up front often as well.

I remember winning the Premier League with Cambridge after 6 years or something mad on CM03-04 without having to make many/any signings, with Leigh Meadows, Adam Tann and Alex Revell amongst my title winning side. Good old game breaking cheat tactics.

24 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I remember winning the Premier League with Cambridge after 6 years or something mad on CM03-04 without having to make many/any signings, with Leigh Meadows, Adam Tann and Alex Revell amongst my title winning side. Good old game breaking cheat tactics.

Not the Alex Revell we had surely. xD

A couple of the boys I went sixth form with made Football Manager. One was clearly watched in a pre season friendly behind Hampton & Richmond and Chelsea U23s because he scored a quite fantastic free kick. His free kick ability was 13 and everything else was 1 and 2 xD 

We had two lads who went on to play for AFC Wimbledon in 2009 and were on the fringes of the first team. With Football Manager sponsoring AFC they ended up staying on every version to 2013 despite being released in 2010. One of them was an events manager in Florida by the time the game deleted him.

• Subscriber
On 7/9/2018 at 18:59, RandoEFC said:

j6bzfcapas811.jpg.573b9979305fb5e325b61fdfd949be2b.jpg

Sure, why not.

Austria won 2018 on mine then lost the final in 2026. They've genuinely developed themselves a bit as a result of it though. Guinea-Bissau, how?! Have they actually got a good side?

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Dan said:

Austria won 2018 on mine then lost the final in 2026. They've genuinely developed themselves a bit as a result of it though. Guinea-Bissau, how?! Have they actually got a good side?

No idea saw this on reddit.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The game's on sale on Steam at the moment for about £12. Is it worth the upgrade from 14?

I'm thinking of starting with an MLS career so@Eco has much changed in MLS in the last 4-5 years?

Yes, new teams including LAFC and Atlanta United. 

The rest are scrubs. 

11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I had a feeling that you might have started to find it very easy after the PC version.

I think part of the problem is I started in League Two. If you act fast you can get some very good free players at that level in the summer on any FM save.

The only thing I'm finding irritating is that I can't get a job elsewhere for love nor money, despite the fact I've achieved very good success in a short period.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think part of the problem is I started in League Two. If you act fast you can get some very good free players at that level in the summer on any FM save.

The only thing I'm funding irritating is that I can't get a job elsewhere for love nor money, despite the fact I've achieved very good success in a short period.

I found in FM17 that in the lower leagues your reputation is dictated more by coaching badges than success which I really really don't like about the game, but when you get higher up you need more titles to get above about 3 stars. Dunno if FM18 is similar or not.

22 hours ago, Eco said:

Yes, new teams including LAFC and Atlanta United. 

The rest are scrubs. 

No major rules changes?

If it's just new teams, I think I'll save my money until next year or the year after when Phoenix Rising are in the MLS :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

No major rules changes?

If it's just new teams, I think I'll save my money until next year or the year after when Phoenix Rising are in the MLS :ph34r:

Nope - None that I'm aware of. If you could find the old MLS rules with PK's that would class!

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived