The better place to talk football.

Football Manager 2018 - General Chat

football forum

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Davy Klaasen is living up to his name for me on this, absolute klaas. 

Wayne Rooney isn't half a poisonous character too. 

Takes one to know one :ph34r:

On 05/03/2018 at 22:48, Storts said:

Sorry if this has been spoken about - but FM18 is really easy to manage players.

Basically 99/100 if you have a player that wants to move, unhappy etc. you get another player to talk to them and it solves. Literally with my Ajax team I never have to deal with it myself.

I finally won the CL in the 5th season with the club, pretty amazing achievement but now not got much else to achieve. Won the Club World Championship too, so nothing left to win. Honours are something like 5 League titles, 3 Dutch Cups,  1 CL, 1 Europa League, 1 CWC.

Manchester United are far too good though - before that they won 4 CL's in a row, and I beat them finally in the final of the one I won. They'd knocked me out in the semis the two years previously 

Whenever I ask my players to talk to another they usually come out with a smart arse answer about it being my job.

I think the last four FM games i've played the side Mourinho has managed has gone on to become a juggernaught. 

• Administrator

when you want to buy a player and they seem affordable, has anyone had any luck with 'interact with board' so they can try and get the player? Never seems to work for me. Board always seem to be against it at whatever club I'm at. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

when you want to buy a player and they seem affordable, has anyone had any luck with 'interact with board' so they can try and get the player? Never seems to work for me. Board always seem to be against it at whatever club I'm at. 

I've asked the board to sign Patrick Roberts and Ruben Loftus-Cheek before but they end up putting in bids of fifty million so I tend to do it myself.

I do go after targets my DoF wants to add realism mind you. Some of his work, others don't. 

35 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I've started having a game of FM before work which means that the result can really set the tone for the rest of the day xD.

Bounced Palace 3-1 with James Tomkins getting sent off, safe to say theres a spring in my step this morning. 

I usually play a game or two before the missus gets home from work. She senses the disappointment when she returns home from work early.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I usually play a game or two before the missus gets home from work. She senses the disappointment when she returns home from work early.

what about the game though?

• Subscriber
On 18/03/2018 at 11:45, Cannabis said:

Everton 0-0 West Ham on 90 minutes, referee adds on four minutes added time. Calvert-Lewin makes it 1-0 on 91 before Zabaleta equalises on 96. 

Fuck off FM. 

Sounds pretty realistic besides it being West Ham instead of Chelsea or Bournemouth.

• Subscriber

Haha that's amazing, not a single side down with a game left and 14th in the league not even safe. Did anyone play each other? And who did Stoke beat? Looks like they've beaten someone very soundly there. I'll predict a 3-0 win over Huddersfield.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
51 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

When are you lot doing updates you fucks? ¬¬

i keep winning stuff with Lyon but i was getting bored with the constant digs about Sydney (i know it was only light humour) so I stopped xD.

I've won the CL with Lyon 3 times in a row and got Lyon as far as I can go - literally won everything I can with them. 

It's been a great 6 months playing that save so I might start up another save soon. My current Lyon save is just being played for the fun of it now and there's no more challenge at club level. 

• Subscriber

I'm thinking of starting a new moneyball sort of game with a manager with high stats for developing youngsters. Probably cheat on the scouting by revealing the potential ability stat in player search. Depends if I have time though!

• The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was pinned

Archived