• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Arsenal - Sunday 15th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Stan said:

Considering fans give verbals to the players all the time, all game, I've not really got an issue with Ramsdale giving some back at the end. As a fan, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Agree with that too. But common sense should prevail also, if you’re going to provoke your local rivals after beating them then probably best you don’t walk over next to the stand theyre in straight after lol

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Agree with that too. But common sense should prevail also, if you’re going to provoke your local rivals after beating them then probably best you don’t walk over next to the stand theyre in straight after lol

He was at that end anyway, and was collecting his bottle from next to/behind the goal though. Richarlison didn't help the cause by almost provoking him too. 

As much as I hate Arteta's behaviour too, I have to say I'm glad he tried to get his players not to carry on giving some back, and remove them from the situation. Maybe the recent FA charges are fresh in his mind... 

Ten Hag was correct when he said era's come to an end,  and while I think that was a dig at City and Liverpool's 4-5 year dominance of the league,  I think it rings true for Spurs.   Son and Kane are leaving and the money is tighter due to spurs going grand on a stadium they don't really need.   Looking at their transfer activity they have averaged 140m a season on players for over 10 years but the purse strings are tightening due to the astronomical 1.5bn stadium debt. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

He was at that end anyway, and was collecting his bottle from next to/behind the goal though. Richarlison didn't help the cause by almost provoking him too. 

As much as I hate Arteta's behaviour too, I have to say I'm glad he tried to get his players not to carry on giving some back, and remove them from the situation. Maybe the recent FA charges are fresh in his mind... 

I think Richarlison was in the right getting him to stop, Ramsdale was the one provoking tbh.

Fortunately no one was hurt but it was a stupid move by all involved

13 hours ago, Dan said:

You're favourites now. 8 clear. This is your year.

Man city have come back from 8 points twice before. According to the bookies we are favourites but I don't want to start thinking it. If I start to think it it will be worse if we don't. I'd rather be mentally prepared for city to win it. 

• The topic was unpinned
2 hours ago, True Blue said:

Media mate

Apparently according to the media we arw favourites. Haven't seen anything since we opened up a 8 point gap to be fair. When it was 5 most seemed to think city were favourites.  Like I said I'm  55% man city 45% arsenal. If we can stay 8 ahead and beat them and have an 11 point gap I would put us as favourites but not yet. 

I said that Arsenal are my favourites for the title last week and this match just increased their chances of winning the league. They played so well away to Spurs and they look such a great team at the moment. The confidence at the club must be sky high right now.

2 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Apparently according to the media we arw favourites. Haven't seen anything since we opened up a 8 point gap to be fair. When it was 5 most seemed to think city were favourites.  Like I said I'm  55% man city 45% arsenal. If we can stay 8 ahead and beat them and have an 11 point gap I would put us as favourites but not yet. 

I really would be more confident if I was an Arsenal fan like you. Arsenal have been excellent this season, they've played so well over such a long stretch of matches. City have been much more inconsistent and they have already lost 3 league games this season. Man City are not invincible and I once again state, that I strongly feel that Arsenal will win the league this season.

6 minutes ago, Michael said:

I really would be more confident if I was an Arsenal fan like you. Arsenal have been excellent this season, they've played so well over such a long stretch of matches. City have been much more inconsistent and they have already lost 3 league games this season. Man City are not invincible and I once again state, that I strongly feel that Arsenal will win the league this season.

City have come back from 8 point deficits before. And they have more strengh in depth. If we could open up a ten point or gap more I'd be confident but as I've said 8 points can be whiped out so fast.

Archived