The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-2 Arsenal - Sunday 15th January, 2023

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
Just now, Tommy said:

I only watch Premier League games sporadically. Does Xhaka usually still collect yellow cards like his life depends on it? 

Not these days. Noticed he actually plays a bit more advanced further up the pitch, so in a position where he's less likely to commit several fouls that end up in bookings.

According to PL site, only 3 this season in the league. Even Saka has more than him xD 

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Conte's spell at Spurs beginning to look like further evidence that his brand of management and tactics (like Mourinho, Benitez, Ancelotti) has a ceiling that's continuing to get lower, not making a comeback.

Conte continually saying the players aren't that good really can't help.

This Spurs side...such an over reliance on Kane and Kulusevski. Any Spurs quality moment came from them. Absolutely nothing doing if those two weren't involved. So so poor.

They lost the game in the first half. So lacklustre for a derby. You simply can't plod through a half like that in games like this. You have to be sharp from the get go.

Credit to Arsenal. They passed a massive test in my eyes today. I thought they would drop points but I got to say, they not only won but I think they cruised it really. Spurs had some chances but Arsenal also managed the game well 2nd half.

To come to your arch rivals and swot them off with ease, that shows their confidence. That is a massive 3pts given City's result. Make no bones about it, they believe they can win it.

Odegaard sublime. Son, anonymous.

Partay solid, Romero, shaky.

Ramsdale, brilliant, Lloris, flimsy. 

You could go on and on.

This will sting for Spurs. Big changes required and sadly for Conte, I think he has to be one of them.

It is increasingly as good an opportunity Arsenal may get to add another title.

If there is 1 club that may suddenly win all remaining matches, yes, it is Man City.

In future seasons you never know when Liverpool or Man United will be in the Arsenal spot.

And Chelsea & Newcastle will both likely be spending top money.

If I was massively pulling for Arsenal.. I think I'd want to see an attacking option being added. Even a couple of squad filling options.

First half Arsenal smashed them into pieces, in the second they were fortunate that Ramsdale had a great day. I am loving it how everyone is already giving them the title with 20 games to go. Best form? yes, eight clear? yes, won the title after 18 games? no.

You can’t have that behaviour from a fan, needs a lifetime ban. With that said Ramsdale got what he was provoking as the final whistle went so you can’t really feel sorry for him. Fortunately he wasn’t seriously harmed.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

You can’t have that behaviour from a fan, needs a lifetime ban. With that said Ramsdale got what he was provoking as the final whistle went so you can’t really feel sorry for him. Fortunately he wasn’t seriously harmed.

Considering fans give verbals to the players all the time, all game, I've not really got an issue with Ramsdale giving some back at the end. As a fan, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Wasn't it a Spurs fan who tried to hit Lampard once, but he ducked?

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

First half Arsenal smashed them into pieces, in the second they were fortunate that Ramsdale had a great day. I am loving it how everyone is already giving them the title with 20 games to go. Best form? yes, eight clear? yes, won the title after 18 games? no.

Who has given them the title? xD Most still have city as favourites.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived