talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF) Man City (1) vs (1) Real Madrid - Wednesday 17th May, 2023 (2nd Leg)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Man City finished the jigsaw with the signing of Haaland. They were lacking that world class centre forward in previous Champions League adventures under Pep, but their team looks pretty much complete these days. I just hope that the fact that Real Madrid will be fresher for this match, won't prevent City from winning. I agree with others on here, whoever wins this match, will almost certainly end up winning the whole competition.

Real Madrid's overperformance in recent UCL KO games 

vs PSG won 3-2 on agg (conceded twice off 3.41xGA)
vs Chelsea won 5-4 on agg (scored 5 off 2.55xG)
vs Man City won 6-5 on agg (scored 6 off 4.13xG)
vs Liverpool won 1-0 on agg (clean sheet off 2.17xGA)
vs Chelsea won 4-0 on agg (0 conceded off 2.61xGA)

This is following the pattern of the first game. City on top for the first half, then Real woke up. Commentators talking about Madrid like they’re some league 2 side. 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

City need to score at least 2 more because we know Madrid can break and score from nothing... 

Yes, but at least the game should open up a bit more now and leave the likes of Haaland more space to do serious damage.

It had to be the little rat again didn’t it. That’s it done now, I can’t see Madrid scoring two without reply. They started slow last week, but this has been something else. 

It’s impossible for Madrid to be any worse second half. I’d expect them to get a bit more of it, but City look properly on it so it’ll be near impossible to turn this around. 

I am a bit surprised that Rudiger was dropped for Militao at the start of this match, given how well Rudiger played in the 1st leg. But I can't say I am complaining. City look rampant today and they really stepped up to their potential in thay 1st half. Hopefully the 2nd half will be just as entertaining.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived