talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa Complete Deal for Youri Tielemans

It would suggest location was no issue to the player personally. Going from East to West Midlands.

For me, I do think he seems a very good free transfer. Fills out squad depth. Unai Emery waved a magic wand at Douglas Luiz, Boubacar Kamara, John McGinn & Jacob Ramsey. I do struggle to see who will start on the bench, but expect competition for places.

And Villa probably were the best option he was likely to get. Villa or Brighton.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he gets back to his best then Villa have a very good player on their hands who takes their midfield up a level. They have a lot of runners in Ramsey and Buendia, Tielemans offers balance at a high level.

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's just so bleak. Such a surrender from us.

How much fight was there to have really? High profile player that hasn’t really turned up much and you’ve been relegated and need to seriously rebuild. Gets his wages off your books and gets you some cash to rebuild.

I think it’s better to get him out earlier rather than later.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How much fight was there to have really? High profile player that hasn’t really turned up much and you’ve been relegated and need to seriously rebuild. Gets his wages off your books and gets you some cash to rebuild.

Oh no I'd long accepted he's gone, it's just the fact everyone's wasted two years and it's ended up in him going to.... Aston Villa. It's all just so underwhelming. I think this, and being linked to Tom Cairney in what is a legitimately sensible idea for a signing is really making it hit home what we've squandered. Fixture day will be brutal.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They didn’t get any cash mate. It was free.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

They didn’t get any cash mate. It was free.

Oh that’s shit then, they probably should have sold him at the back of last season where he looked shit and disinterested.

Also probably should have sacked Rodgers then too.

Archived