The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2022/23 Final - Man City vs Man Utd - Saturday 3rd May

football forum

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It goes in cycles, there will be a new club to hate soon, maybe Newcastle after Pep leaves?

Already do xD 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

did you not go through man United's dominance or Liverpool before that?

Man Utd's yes. Liverpool's no. Why? 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

dominance happens often, obviously it would be better if the rest of the league gets stronger but for now it's city's time

Yes. I know. And I can't wait for it to be over? 

• Subscriber

The backlash against City's dominance and claims of boredom and a monopoly are in their infancy but they'll grow quickly. If it starts to be reflected in the Premier League's viewing figures (I think it'll be a while before that happens if it ever does) then I imagine the authorities will begin to take their misdemeanours more seriously. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

The backlash against City's dominance and claims of boredom and a monopoly are in their infancy but they'll grow quickly. If it starts to be reflected in the Premier League's viewing figures (I think it'll be a while before that happens if it ever does) then I imagine the authorities will begin to take their misdemeanours more seriously. Or maybe I'm just clutching at straws.

its for everyone else to catch up,  City are doing all the right things,  finding all the right players and its up to everyone else to raise their game. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

its for everyone else to catch up,  City are doing all the right things,  finding all the right players and its up to everyone else to raise their game. 

Yeah it's fine when they're bankrolled infinitely by a state isn't it xD

'up to everyone else to raise their game'. Maybe if there was more of a level playing field that would be realistically possible.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

'up to everyone else to raise their game'. Maybe if there was more of a level playing field that would be realistically possible.

There has never been and never will be a level playing field in UK

40 minutes ago, Stan said:

Its not like we can use it,  thanks to clubs like Everton and City there is now regulation on sugar daddy wealth and rich owners cannot pour their private wealth into a club.   

I see City the benchmark to get to,  running a club properly brings success. 

35 minutes ago, Spike said:

There has never been and never will be a level playing field in UK

This,  equity is for the mediocre.   City are a challenge for everyone else to get up to.  Arsenal were really the only team to challenge the dominant Man United 90's-00's juggernaut.  

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

This,  equity is for the mediocre.   City are a challenge for everyone else to get up to.  Arsenal were really the only team to challenge the dominant Man United 90's-00's juggernaut.  

That’s not what I said at all and is the complete opposite of what I believe.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

That’s not what I said at all and is the complete opposite of what I believe.

You said that there has never been equal teams in the league,  and that has been the case for a very long time,  there is always one dominant team that dominates due to money, or players or a super coach and then you have the rest trying to compete.   During the Man United domination era,  Arsenal were the constant challenge to that dominance.   Chelsea's domination of the mid 00's to early teens was ended by City.    

We are in an era where there are the most number of teams capable of posing a challenge. 

Equity is a necessity. Only two teams have dominated, Manchester United and Manchester City. The rest have been intermittent interlopers in the hegemony. Only two teams competed for the title this last season.

Just now, Spike said:

Equity is a necessity. Only two teams have dominated, Manchester United and Manchester City. The rest have been intermittent interlopers in the hegemony. Only two teams competed for the title this last season.

Liverpool's fall off could not be predicted,  similarly Arsenal's rise could not be foreseen.  Maybe next season we have 4 or 5 teams capable of taking points off each other leading to more competition.   Arsenal will learn and get stronger,  Liverpool will get stronger, Chelsea (maybe?), Man United and maybe even Newcastle.  

Man United's dominance was having more money than the entire league put together,  similarly chelsea,  City don't have the dominance of money,  they are just well run top to bottom,  if the rest start getting it together then City will come under threat. 

Chelsea are not well run at all. I only see United and City being potential title winners. Arsenal will probably have a regression, Spurs will continue to be the essence of mediocre, Ville and Newcastle will build on their success, Liverpool and Chelsea are in a transition phase.

The table will be a mad dash for the 3rd to 8th spot and that’s where the excitement will be.

Also Liverpool’s fall off was very easily predicted. Ageing squad, players with severe injuries, sales of key players. Anyone could see that it was going to be a rough one for Liverpool. They did what they could to mitigate the damage but it’s hard to recover the loss of Mané and van Dijk’s injuries.

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Chelsea are not well run at all. I only see United and City being potential title winners. Arsenal will probably have a regression, Spurs will continue to be the essence of mediocre, Ville and Newcastle will build on their success, Liverpool and Chelsea are in a transition phase.

The table will be a mad dash for the 3rd to 8th spot and that’s where the excitement will be.

How it's always been and this era of City dominance has seen more different title winners than any other. since our first win in 2012 City, United, Liverpool, Leicester & Chelsea have been crowned Champions, 5 different winners and it's not like we have cheated, when Mansour came in he was allowed to invest in his club, the rules was made up to protect the then big 4 and to stop us making it a big 5 but now we are funded by prize money, 300million alone this season. we don't need a sugar daddy, we had a legal leg up to start with now our dominance has already repaid our owner who bought City for 265million and his investment is now valued at 1.05billion

Archived