• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gabri Veiga - Settles on Move to Al-Ahli

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a proper Ashworth signing,  he has been keen on Veiga for some time,  we tried to get him in January.   I would say he is a player for the future but can offer something in the now,  he looks pretty raw but exciting to watch his directness. 

• The title was changed to Gabri Veiga - Liverpool, Chelsea & Barcelona Strongly Linked
  • 3 weeks later...

The Celta Vigo midfielder is among the options being studied by the European champions. The 21-year-old has a buy-out clause of 40 million euros.

Pep Guardiola and his technical team are determined to continue reinforcing a midfield that has been debilitated by Ilkay Gündogan’s exit. Guardiola knows that City will need to forge a squad with depth in every department to get through a season when his team will be the unique position of competing for seven trophies.

Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano reports that “Manchester City have entered the race for Spanish talent Gabri Veiga after withdrawing from the deal with Declan Rice”. Although 21-year-old does not start out at the top of City’s wish list, he goes on to add that the Celta Vigo youth team graduate “is one of the options now being considered at the club.” In Spain, Veiga has been linked to both Real Madrid and Barcelona - the Under-21 international has also caught the attention of English scouts for his talent and relatively accessible buy-out: 40 million euros.

• The title was changed to Gabri Veiga - Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea Linked

If he's got a release clause, it's going to go down to who offers him the higher wages. Definitely won't be us if it's City and Newcastle involved, and I think from Newcastle they're rich as fuck now but it's probably not great for squad morale to blow up the wage structure. So I suspect he joins City if their interest is legitimate.

Unless he wants to stay in Spain and Madrid & Barca are actually interested in him. Then I think he's off to one of them.

On 29/06/2023 at 19:56, Dr. Gonzo said:

If he's got a release clause, it's going to go down to who offers him the higher wages. Definitely won't be us if it's City and Newcastle involved, and I think from Newcastle they're rich as fuck now but it's probably not great for squad morale to blow up the wage structure. So I suspect he joins City if their interest is legitimate.

Unless he wants to stay in Spain and Madrid & Barca are actually interested in him. Then I think he's off to one of them.

we are not rich by FFP constraints we are middle of the pack.  put into context 100-105m is absolute max, Liverpool have past that and have more to blow.   F FP ensure the status quo is preserved.

On 02/07/2023 at 12:31, OrangeKhrush said:

we are not rich by FFP constraints we are middle of the pack.  put into context 100-105m is absolute max, Liverpool have past that and have more to blow.   F FP ensure the status quo is preserved.

Do a little research.. then come back.

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Gabri Veiga - Settles on Move to Al-Ahli