talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sadio Mané - Completes move to Al Nassr

football forum

• Subscriber

There where some links a few weeks back but by all accounts he didnt want to leave. Interest has been ramping up as the Saudi's try to reunite Firmino and Mané. Plettenberg says approach and first talks have happened. 

• The title was changed to Sadio Mané - Expected to go to Al Ahli

this is where the "fair value" nonsense rears its hypocrisy.   Mane had his worst season in a long time, he is in his 30s and on an eye watering 350k a week.   Yet it's okay for Bayern to over sell an asset for more than they bought him for and shed the 22m a season salary.

what it should be is, if the Saudi club is prepared to pay and the selling club prepared to sell that is a commercial transactions.   Because it's Bayern nobody bats an eye.

Hardly. Mane has has a bad season at Bayern, no doubt, but he left us as one of the best wide players in the world. We shouldn’t have sold him for so cheap but he wanted the move. May be in his 30’s but he’s fitter than most, rarely injured, and still an elite player. 

All those things Saint- Maximan is not. 

27 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

this is where the "fair value" nonsense rears its hypocrisy.   Mane had his worst season in a long time, he is in his 30s and on an eye watering 350k a week.   Yet it's okay for Bayern to over sell an asset for more than they bought him for and shed the 22m a season salary.

what it should be is, if the Saudi club is prepared to pay and the selling club prepared to sell that is a commercial transactions.   Because it's Bayern nobody bats an eye.

Probably factual false - according German media Bayern bought Mane for 32M Euro, now they sell him for 30M, which is less.

3 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Probably factual false - according German media Bayern bought Mane for 32M Euro, now they sell him for 30M, which is less.

The long and short is that Bayern are second only to Barcelona on payroll bloat,  they commit around 240m a season to players and Mane is top of that list earning 22m a season,  he is under contract for two more season making Bayern liable for 44m in further payments which along with other very bad contracts like Manuel Neuer (350k), Thomas Mueller (340K) they are potentially roadblocked and the Saudi's are allowing them to boost their FFP by 40m and remove 44m off their payroll to allow them to make moves.   

For me a fair deal for Mane is a free transfer with the Saudi's taking on the pay or paying him more,  his residual value was lower than what bayern owed him making him a equivilant of a MLB negative value player.  The football version of a Eric Hosmer, Chris Davis or Albert Pujols. 

Either way I find it rather pathetic that clubs are complaining about 25m for St Maximin who is 26 on 80k a week yet they sell Fabinho (legs gone) for 40m and Henderson (toast) for 12m or getting 40m for a player who is well into his decline and on a asininely amount of money. 

I don't have an issue with clubs selling players on,  I just ask for consistency and not selective hypocrisy.   I would entertain arguments for insider trading if we sold ASM for 10m or something pathetical low,  or for 50+ million.   30-35m for ASM is perfectly fair value for that type of player in 2023. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For you footballers are like cars, so nobody really gives a shit

It is hard to argue they are not used like assets,  traded off at the nearest opportunity to make money.   Investing in an asset for long term stability would suggest otherwise,  but its become a glorified "Lets make a deal" life pantomime. 

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

The long and short is that Bayern are second only to Barcelona on payroll bloat,  they commit around 240m a season to players and Mane is top of that list earning 22m a season,  he is under contract for two more season making Bayern liable for 44m in further payments which along with other very bad contracts like Manuel Neuer (350k), Thomas Mueller (340K) they are potentially roadblocked and the Saudi's are allowing them to boost their FFP by 40m and remove 44m off their payroll to allow them to make moves.   

For me a fair deal for Mane is a free transfer with the Saudi's taking on the pay or paying him more,  his residual value was lower than what bayern owed him making him a equivilant of a MLB negative value player.  The football version of a Eric Hosmer, Chris Davis or Albert Pujols. 

Either way I find it rather pathetic that clubs are complaining about 25m for St Maximin who is 26 on 80k a week yet they sell Fabinho (legs gone) for 40m and Henderson (toast) for 12m or getting 40m for a player who is well into his decline and on a asininely amount of money. 

I don't have an issue with clubs selling players on,  I just ask for consistency and not selective hypocrisy.   I would entertain arguments for insider trading if we sold ASM for 10m or something pathetical low,  or for 50+ million.   30-35m for ASM is perfectly fair value for that type of player in 2023. 

Out of intererst, were are these numbers from, asking because nobody in Germany knows the exact sums, so got a feeling you're mixing up Pound Sterling and Euro, either that or you're simply inventing sums, that fit your line of argument.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Out of intererst, were are these numbers from, asking because nobody in Germany knows the exact sums, so got a feeling you're mixing up Pound Sterling and Euro, either that or you're simply inventing sums, that fit are line of argument.

All I know is based on multiple reports over the years both of those two are top earners and earn more or less €20m a season for what thats worth.Idk the weekly shit for comparison. There were a few reports claiming Mane was our top earner when we brought him in though at €21m a season, hence the real urgency to get off that contract.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rick said:

Hardly. Mane has has a bad season at Bayern, no doubt, but he left us as one of the best wide players in the world. We shouldn’t have sold him for so cheap but he wanted the move. May be in his 30’s but he’s fitter than most, rarely injured, and still an elite player. 

All those things Saint- Maximan is not. 

In Mane's worst season in a long time at Bayern... he scored only 1 less goal than Saint-Maximinimum has scored in the league for Newcastle in the entire time he's been at Newcastle. The two players are only comparable if you want to say "wow, that guy is not as good as Mane"

55 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Out of intererst, were are these numbers from, asking because nobody in Germany knows the exact sums, so got a feeling you're mixing up Pound Sterling and Euro, either that or you're simply inventing sums, that fit your line of argument.

capology has the salary figures

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In Mane's worst season in a long time at Bayern... he scored only 1 less goal than Saint-Maximinimum has scored in the league for Newcastle in the entire time he's been at Newcastle. The two players are only comparable if you want to say "wow, that guy is not as good as Mane"

you don't buy the past, you buy present and future value.  As a general rule prime is 27-32 in classical cases, that means mane is at the shelf life of his prime.   he may aggregate out being a 7 goal 5 assist player, but that is well down on his career with little guarentee of improving.

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

you don't buy the past, you buy present and future value.  As a general rule prime is 27-32 in classical cases, that means mane is at the shelf life of his prime.   he may aggregate out being a 7 goal 5 assist player, but that is well down on his career with little guarentee of improving.

I suspect even a completely passed it Mane's a more effective player than Maximin will ever be.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I suspect even a completely passed it Mane's a more effective player than Maximin will ever be.

in the Saudi league I doubt it matters.  Until that league is flooded with foreigners, even a 38 year old Ronaldo who was fading at Man United, ripped it up in that league.

• The title was changed to Sadio Mané - Expected to go to Al Nassr
  • The title was changed to Sadio Mané - Completes move to Al Nassr