talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brennan Johnson - Signs for Spurs

• Subscriber
On 15/08/2023 at 22:02, OrangeKhrush said:

odd move for spurs, this is Aaron lennonesque

You say that like it was a bad thing? Lennon was one of my favourite ever players. Always got you out of your seat. 

I think the Johnson move will probably happen late on 

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Brennan Johnson - Close to Completing Spurs Move

This can only be w good move for him, the way Forest play is so restrictive, he’s not a striker. Should allow him to flourish as a winger under a manager who will have him play exciting football.

Shame it wasn’t us but we were never going to bid that much.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Danny said:

This can only be w good move for him, the way Forest play is so restrictive, he’s not a striker. Should allow him to flourish as a winger under a manager who will have him play exciting football.

Shame it wasn’t us but we were never going to bid that much.

Even if you had, don't think Forest ever wanted to sell to you. Sounds like they didn't like the optics of selling to Brentford, even though the player was happy to make that move.

32 minutes ago, Storts said:

Even if you had, don't think Forest ever wanted to sell to you. Sounds like they didn't like the optics of selling to Brentford, even though the player was happy to make that move.

Yeah they view us as a rival which is fair enough, but I don’t think that’ll be the case come the end of the season. It is a shame as his dad was pretty set on him joining us, we’ve been after him a couple years now.

At least we get the nostalgia of Maupay coming back lol

Yes, I do think when you look at the 3 new teams, then Everton & Wolves, maybe Bournemouth, perhaps Fulham.. I am looking at Forest thinking lower mid table is doable. Not nailed on. But rather plausible. So I imagine people within Forest are thinking that way too. And then having reservations about strengthening anyone outside of the usual top 6-7 sides.

• The title was changed to Brennan Johnson - Signs for Spurs