talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game is BACK

football forum

• Administrator

Corners aren't doing it for me in Australia this weekend xD

Screenshot_20240209-192647.png

Chesterfield absolutely killing the National League. 22 points ahead so the risk is they may take their foot off the gas, but hopefully not just yet. They've scored 48 goals in 16 home games. Ebbsfleet are 4th bottom in the away standings. 

Armstrong to score has a bit of risk to it. But he usually scores whether Southampton win, which has been quite often recently. 

• Subscriber
20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

First leg: Dusseldorf have seen BTTS in 8 of their 10 home games this season and Elversberg have in 8/10 away games. There have been a few 1-1s in there but the Over 2 goals should be good. Dusseldorf average 3.6 match goals this season and 3.25 for Elversberg.

1-1. Frustrating loss as Elversberg equalised early second half and then had one disallowed at the death. 

• Administrator

@Dan not sure if you can see or kept record of type of bets, but you know I was on the 'over 1.5 goals, over 8.5 corners and over 25 booking pts' hype on Skybet for a while.

Every 3pm PL game today it wouldn't have come in :o

Odds are usually 5/6, 10/11 or evens. All five probably getting odds of up to 20/1? Would have been a good accy! 

On 09/02/2024 at 19:20, Lucas said:

Gonna have another go at a win and BTTS, but 100% avoiding PSG xD

Tottenham to win, BTTS 13/8

Real Madrid to win, BTTS 7/5

£10 wins £63 (Paddy Power)

Been unbelievably close with these lately and same story today.

Just one Girona goal, that's all I wanted. Annoying.

• Subscriber
On 10/02/2024 at 18:58, Stan said:

@Dan not sure if you can see or kept record of type of bets, but you know I was on the 'over 1.5 goals, over 8.5 corners and over 25 booking pts' hype on Skybet for a while.

Every 3pm PL game today it wouldn't have come in :o

Odds are usually 5/6, 10/11 or evens. All five probably getting odds of up to 20/1? Would have been a good accy! 

I do have a record of every table so far so could see what exactly you had. There's so much more luck involved in this than anyone would want to admit.

This season has felt particularly tricky - my bad form has stretched to my actual bets now with February looking like the worst month since I've tracked them. But I know of pro-gamblers who are struggling a bit this season. Seems to be so many games that are bucking trends and I don't just mean teams form, I mean high scoring teams games clashes resulting in 1-0s and whatnot. Really has been quite tough of late.

A five fold at the lowest price there (5/6) would be around 20/1 yep.

• Subscriber

I had a really poor January. One weekend I think I won about 2 out of 12 of my main bets on the Saturday and then on Sunday had 7 winners and a refund from 9 bets which were selected using the exact same method. I've found it a bit all over the place as well although this is the first season I've really been putting bets on with much volume so I can't really compare.

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I had a really poor January. One weekend I think I won about 2 out of 12 of my main bets on the Saturday and then on Sunday had 7 winners and a refund from 9 bets which were selected using the exact same method. I've found it a bit all over the place as well although this is the first season I've really been putting bets on with much volume so I can't really compare.

I'm doing similarly. February so far has been simply the worst month I think I've had if you exclude the draw thing I'm doing (which of course I'm on 0/2 for since throwing them into here).

There just seems to be so many trends being bucked.

• Administrator

Sydney average over 13 match corners for the season in their home games. 

Portsmouth at home are strong. Their last 2 results have been 3-1 and 4-1, and Reading away aren't as decent. 

Screenshot_20240215-165137.png

Was tempted to put something in for the Melbourne Derby, but it's let me down earlier in the season. 

Son to score any time is evens which I think is good value, was also tempting... 

• Subscriber
On 06/02/2024 at 03:11, Dan said:

WEEK 27 - MARGINAL GAINS

image.thumb.png.e5c3292744ed62bcc20f61b8e0b2092e.png

WEEK 27 STATS
Winning bets: 2/5
Winning selections: 5/10
Weekly forum position: +£4.11 (Ranked 10/27)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 46/181
Winning selections: 156/342

Total forum position: -£350.80

We seem to go up and down but the problem all season is that the downs are more extreme than the ups, so while this ranks as a decent week, it doesn't come near to wiping out the heavy loss of last week, although it's an upturn at least.

@Lucas slips further behind the leader with his fourth loss on the bounce. The ever unreliable Dortmund delivering a 0-0 draw at Heidenheim, while the increasingly impressive Bayer Leverkusen strolled to a victory but didn't really bring the goals, so it's a double loser this week.

The only change in the table is @Stan dropping back down to 6th following one of the most infuriating losses of the season. Having landed the generously priced A-League corners bet by the skin of his teeth, he was let down by Man Utd Women's 2-0 victory over Brighton Women not yielding the goals.

@CaaC (John) in nice and early as ever with his prediction and makes no mistake this time out - two Premier League favourites who both racked up heavy victories over badly faltering teams for his first win since the week before Christmas.

@RandoEFC is saved by a last gasp winner in France before I discover his second selection is postponed. The replacement of Rotherham v Southampton corners pays out fairly comfortably, for a nice winner.

Mine was an optimistic double but once again, just no luck whatsoever. Cheltenham reverted to their early season woes delivering probably their worst result under Clarke, while the Burton Lincoln non-draw barely mattered by this point. I think if I told somebody that this season if I was around 50 points up on the actual selections I've placed nobody would believe me on this evidence. It's almost impressive to land only 1 pick out of 27 - a complete calamity of a season no matter how it's dressed up. Almost impossibly bad form.

WEEK 28 - BUST

image.thumb.png.90c730accafc2666c8951fe14b539d0a.png

WEEK 28 STATS
Winning bets: 0/5
Winning selections: 2/10
Weekly forum position: -£50.00 (Ranked 23/28)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 46/186
Winning selections: 158/352

Total forum position: -£400.81

In a bit of a rush this week but it wasn't a good one. An absolute shocker all round to be honest with 5/5 players losing and only 2 of those even landing a selection. No change in the table.

Reminder for this week to anybody intending to play @Pyfish @Lucas @Machado @Storts @...Dan @Stan @CaaC (John) @RandoEFC

• Subscriber

Screenshot_20240215_202705_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0fa982a102ffe7330ed82fafac57f2bd.jpg

Roda JC are the best value I've found so far for this weekend. That price has already shortened from 1.90 to 1.83 since I put it on as a single earlier in the week. Roda are really strong at home with 10 wins from 13 this season, their only defeat coming against league leaders Willem II. They face FC Emmen who are in the worst form in the league. 1 point in their last 8 games and 5 consecutive defeats on the road. 1.83 looks like a mad price but as usual, I'm wary that I might be missing something. At least I know the market is moving in the right direction for me. Roda also won the return fixture 1-0.

I was going to go for Rangers and Under 4 goals for the second leg but the odds are reasonable for Under 5 so I've gone on the safer side. Rangers are in great form with 11 wins in 12, Celtic away being their only blip. Almost every Rangers away game this season has had less than 4 goals with their 5-0 win at Dundee the only exception. St Johnstone have averaged under 2 match goals for the whole season and haven't had a single game reach 5+ goals. Both previous meetings this season have been 2-0 to Rangers which would be ideal. My single bet on this for the weekend is actually an Under 3.0 Goal Line but playing it much safer with this double.

£10 returns £28.80

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dan said:

1.11 xD gonna have to dock you £100 if that loses.

Incoming:

Man City 0-1 Chelsea
                       (Cole Palmer, penalty, 90+3)

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Incoming:

Man City 0-1 Chelsea
                       (Cole Palmer, penalty, 90+3)

Would be even more sods law if the penalty was the 3rd minute.

Anyway mine this weekend, a bit more drab but I'll take Derby (19/20) and Peterborough (19/20) to win. Both are decent prices in my eyes, both have tricky by League One standard home games which is factored into the price but both of their opposition have their own issues going into it so I think it's worth a go.

£10 returns £0 £38.03.

• Subscriber
On 15/02/2024 at 20:38, RandoEFC said:

Roda JC are the best value I've found so far for this weekend. That price has already shortened from 1.90 to 1.83 since I put it on as a single earlier in the week. Roda are really strong at home with 10 wins from 13 this season, their only defeat coming against league leaders Willem II. They face FC Emmen who are in the worst form in the league. 1 point in their last 8 games and 5 consecutive defeats on the road. 1.83 looks like a mad price but as usual, I'm wary that I might be missing something. At least I know the market is moving in the right direction for me. Roda also won the return fixture 1-0.

Naturally, Roda JC lose their second home game all season to the team with 1 point from the last 8 games. After taking the lead as well. One of those losses that makes you think you might as well not bother doing any research and just run through bet365 slapping any old shite onto your bet slip at random. :what:

And I was typing that out this happened so I take it all back xD.

Screenshot_20240216_205541_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ab1d1dbc98d5973625aa574d5c3037c2.jpg