talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dan's Tipping Game is BACK

football forum

• Subscriber
On 16/02/2024 at 15:49, Dan said:

Would be even more sods law if the penalty was the 3rd minute.

Anyway mine this weekend, a bit more drab but I'll take Derby (19/20) and Peterborough (19/20) to win. Both are decent prices in my eyes, both have tricky by League One standard home games which is factored into the price but both of their opposition have their own issues going into it so I think it's worth a go.

£10 returns £0 £38.03.

Honestly, how do I never, ever win?

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

EPL Monday 19th Feb

Everton v Palace (Everton for a win)

EPL Tuesday 20th Feb

Man City v Brentford (City for a win)

Those games fall within separate weeks sadly.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dan said:

-Those games fall within separate weeks sadly.

Will this do vvvv

National League South = Monday 19th Feb

Aveley v Maidstone United (Maidstone to win)

EPL Monday 19th Feb

Everton v Palace (Everton for a win)

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber
On 15/02/2024 at 20:38, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20240215_202705_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0fa982a102ffe7330ed82fafac57f2bd.jpg

Roda JC are the best value I've found so far for this weekend. That price has already shortened from 1.90 to 1.83 since I put it on as a single earlier in the week. Roda are really strong at home with 10 wins from 13 this season, their only defeat coming against league leaders Willem II. They face FC Emmen who are in the worst form in the league. 1 point in their last 8 games and 5 consecutive defeats on the road. 1.83 looks like a mad price but as usual, I'm wary that I might be missing something. At least I know the market is moving in the right direction for me. Roda also won the return fixture 1-0.

I was going to go for Rangers and Under 4 goals for the second leg but the odds are reasonable for Under 5 so I've gone on the safer side. Rangers are in great form with 11 wins in 12, Celtic away being their only blip. Almost every Rangers away game this season has had less than 4 goals with their 5-0 win at Dundee the only exception. St Johnstone have averaged under 2 match goals for the whole season and haven't had a single game reach 5+ goals. Both previous meetings this season have been 2-0 to Rangers which would be ideal. My single bet on this for the weekend is actually an Under 3.0 Goal Line but playing it much safer with this double.

£10 returns £28.80

Rangers win 3-0. Should have backed myself and gone for the under 4 goals at 2.05 but hindsight is one thing.

+£18.80

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Bet builder on Luton v Man U please.

Over 2.5 goals

Over 9.5 corners

Garnacho SOT

Lokonga and Casimiro 1 Foul

5.38 £10 wins £63.80

Kidding me!

Everything in bar the Lokonga foul and he averaged the most for Luton beforehand.

Ah man, thats rough.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Bet builder on Luton v Man U please.

Over 2.5 goals

Over 9.5 corners

Garnacho SOT

Lokonga and Casimiro 1 Foul

5.38 £10 wins £63.80

Did this come in? Good odds for that. Not sure if the Lokonga foul came in? 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Did this come in? Good odds for that. Not sure if the Lokonga foul came in? 

No it didn't.

I had the same bet on Paddy P but added a Hoijland SOT, Casimiro booking and a Lokonga booking. 

Just the Lokonga booking away from £168 off £3 so agonising on both fronts.

• Subscriber

Extremely unlucky Lucas.

Has anyone heard of the SkyBet freeze trick? I've started doing it. Honestly I'm excited at the upside of this. I think it's absolutely mental and I think they're going to end up closing this loophole soon.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Extremely unlucky Lucas.

Has anyone heard of the SkyBet freeze trick? I've started doing it. Honestly I'm excited at the upside of this. I think it's absolutely mental and I think they're going to end up closing this loophole soon.

I have although I'm yet to utilise it.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

Extremely unlucky Lucas.

Nope? Elaborate! 

• Subscriber
On 15/02/2024 at 19:38, Dan said:

WEEK 28 - BUST

image.thumb.png.90c730accafc2666c8951fe14b539d0a.png

WEEK 28 STATS
Winning bets: 0/5
Winning selections: 2/10
Weekly forum position: -£50.00 (Ranked 23/28)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 46/186
Winning selections: 158/352

Total forum position: -£400.81

In a bit of a rush this week but it wasn't a good one. An absolute shocker all round to be honest with 5/5 players losing and only 2 of those even landing a selection. No change in the table.

Reminder for this week to anybody intending to play @Pyfish @Lucas @Machado @Storts @...Dan @Stan @CaaC (John) @RandoEFC

WEEK 29 - USUAL SERVICE

image.thumb.png.74b24d3d33a05a0cdcb5241d84730293.png

WEEK 29 STATS
Winning bets: 2/7
Winning selections: 6/13
Weekly forum position: -£16.19 (Ranked 16/29)

---

OVERALL STATS
Winning bets: 48/193
Winning selections: 164/365

Total forum position: -£416.99

A fairly average week this time out with no substantial wins but enough to keep things semi respectable, particularly compared to some recent weeks, albeit it is still a loss - we've played 29 weeks and we've lost on 19 of them, with myself contributing a remarkable 28 times.

@Pyfish makes a return to the league with a win, landing the smallest odds winner of the season on one selection (which came quite close for comfort actually) but padding it out with a good pick in Solanke to score at Newcastle, for a steady 1.5 point win, and just under a £50 gap to second placed @Lucas who came extremely close to taking top spot in spite of this, putting together a pretty ambitious bet builder and as often seems to happen on them, is let down by what appears on the face of it one of the safest legs. A real piss-take.

@...Dan returns with a loss having picked two duds in Zwolle and Pau - although looking to the stats tells me Zwolle were victims of a smash and grab. Pau were 2 down quite early on though in what's a fairly low scoring league.

@Stan comes mightily close to a good win himself, missing by just one corner on the Sydney Adelaide game while Portsmouth v Reading pays out a home win with over 2 goals being scored. That exact fixture ended 7-4 in a Premier League game in 2007, so it was never in doubt. In-fact Stan and Lucas wins would've taken us to nearly our biggest win of the season. Fine margins.

@RandoEFC is the only change in the table this week following a remarkable late turnaround in Holland and then a very safe winner in Rangers and under 5 goals. He leaps ahead of @CaaC (John) who's Monday picks produced a double blank.

And as ever, we finish with me losing. This is genuinely embarrassing at this point. How is it even possible to lose 28 times out of 29? xD For some context, that rate of return implies that I should've been taking bets pretty much at two 5/1 teams per weekend, but I certainly haven't been doing that. Incredible. Absolutely abysmal.

As for the bet freeze. On Sky now you have the option to 'freeze' a team when they go ahead so essentially paid out as a winner. You can do this up to five times in a week, the bet must have 5 teams or more in it, and the maximum stake on the acca is £20. But what I've started doing, and have managed to land in my fourth attempt having 'frozen' Bochum to beat Bayern (albeit pointlessly as Bochum ended up winning anyway), is picking four fairly safe picks (easier said than done granted) and then one big outsider to freeze on the off chance that they go ahead at any point in the game. So basically, you are getting the 8/1 odds that Bochum were to win the game changed to 8/1 on Bochum to have the lead at any point during the game. I won £92 from a fiver and I honestly think at the rate you this happens, you're surely going to profit. I've seen people on Twitter winning thousands doing it. Somebody landed Vietnam going ahead against Japan at 125/1 xD for a little more context, I did it earlier on Moreirense v Sporting, backing Moreirense at 8/1. They lost 0-2 so it didn't matter, but I happened to notice in play, Moreirense were 3/1 to score the first goal at 0-0, so you are basically getting enormously boosted prices - bear in mind the possibility of Moreirense going behind and then ahead again means the 'real' odds are actually probably something like 11/4, and you can get it at 8/1 if you're alert enough to freeze the selection. I've done 7 bets in total, lost 6, won 1, but I'm £57 up. Going to do it with fivers until I get to a few hundred and then up the ante. Will keep you posted how it goes, but I'm convinced there's good money in this.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, Dan said:

As for the bet freeze. On Sky now you have the option to 'freeze' a team when they go ahead so essentially paid out as a winner. You can do this up to five times in a week, the bet must have 5 teams or more in it, and the maximum stake on the acca is £20. But what I've started doing, and have managed to land in my fourth attempt having 'frozen' Bochum to beat Bayern (albeit pointlessly as Bochum ended up winning anyway), is picking four fairly safe picks (easier said than done granted) and then one big outsider to freeze on the off chance that they go ahead at any point in the game. So basically, you are getting the 8/1 odds that Bochum were to win the game changed to 8/1 on Bochum to have the lead at any point during the game. I won £92 from a fiver and I honestly think at the rate you this happens, you're surely going to profit. I've seen people on Twitter winning thousands doing it. Somebody landed Vietnam going ahead against Japan at 125/1 xD for a little more context, I did it earlier on Moreirense v Sporting, backing Moreirense at 8/1. They lost 0-2 so it didn't matter, but I happened to notice in play, Moreirense were 3/1 to score the first goal at 0-0, so you are basically getting enormously boosted prices - bear in mind the possibility of Moreirense going behind and then ahead again means the 'real' odds are actually probably something like 11/4, and you can get it at 8/1 if you're alert enough to freeze the selection. I've done 7 bets in total, lost 6, won 1, but I'm £57 up. Going to do it with fivers until I get to a few hundred and then up the ante. Will keep you posted how it goes, but I'm convinced there's good money in this.

Managed to get Rotherham at 12/1 to pay out earlier - however made the error of sticking Southampton in as one of the other teams xD 

• Administrator

Screenshot_20240222-195852.png

A 1-0 or 2-0 Leeds win really screws me over but they're shit hit right now, let alone not losing at home this season but scoring for fun. They blew away Ipswich earlier this season. I don't have faith that we'll keep a clean sheet. I reckon there's probably a lot of value in a build-a-bet for all Leeds strikers to have at least 1 shot on target, plenty of corners and perhaps a few bookings. 

Ipswich vs Birmingham home win and over 2.5 goals may be redundant by the time it comes around. But they're very strong at home too and will want to keep pressure up on top 2. Several games this season they've won at home and done so in style. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

My effort for the weekend. I'll post research later if I find time.

Screenshot_20240223_125559_Chrome.thumb.jpg.63a77f1ae8ebf69563803c6765a703bc.jpg

Just to slightly elaborate, Red Star have won all 9 of their home games this season. Le Mans aren't awful but they are in poor form with the only win at their last 10 coming away to bottom club Cholet. The stats make a mockery of this price but that also just puts me in "what am I missing here" territory.

Kaiserslautern have seen BTTS in 9 of their 11 home games this season, failing to keep a single clean sheet. Karlsruher have seen BTTS and Over 2 Goals in 9 of their last 10 league games. They've conceded at least once in all 10 of their away games this season and scored in all but two of them. Both teams have averaged over 3.5 match goals per game over the course of the season.

• Subscriber

Gonna have to get one in for tomorrow but I was genuinely considering Fulham as a big long shot and then Palace / under 4.5 (which has a fantastic chance). It'll win because it's this pissing game and I'm jinxed in it.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Kaiserslautern have seen BTTS in 9 of their 11 home games this season, failing to keep a single clean sheet. Karlsruher have seen BTTS and Over 2 Goals in 9 of their last 10 league games. They've conceded at least once in all 10 of their away games this season and scored in all but two of them. Both teams have averaged over 3.5 match goals per game over the course of the season.

Red Star thumped Le Mans 4-1 but a loss on the second leg as Karlsruher win 4-0 and keep their first away clean sheet all season.

On 22/02/2024 at 20:03, Stan said:

Screenshot_20240222-195852.png

A 1-0 or 2-0 Leeds win really screws me over but they're shit hit right now, let alone not losing at home this season but scoring for fun. They blew away Ipswich earlier this season. I don't have faith that we'll keep a clean sheet. I reckon there's probably a lot of value in a build-a-bet for all Leeds strikers to have at least 1 shot on target, plenty of corners and perhaps a few bookings. 

Ipswich vs Birmingham home win and over 2.5 goals may be redundant by the time it comes around. But they're very strong at home too and will want to keep pressure up on top 2. Several games this season they've won at home and done so in style. 

Great win mate.

Chuffed to nuts that landed and came in for you xD

• Haha 1