Salford vs Crawley
Swindon vs Crewe
Walsall vs Stockport

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go Brum 1-1 Leeds.

I just think at this moment, a lot seems to be against us and it feels a good time to play us whilst we're missing players and generally short in the squad.

Obviously now the Gnonto stuff hasn't helped so we've lost a big player there tomorrow on top of Summerville's injury.

Brum might just fancy it for this reason. Really feel for Farke. He's having it rough, but I said the first 6-7 games to mid September would be up and down and its gonna prove that way.

10 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'm going to go Brum 1-1 Leeds.

I just think at this moment, a lot seems to be against us and it feels a good time to play us whilst we're missing players and generally short in the squad.

Obviously now the Gnonto stuff hasn't helped so we've lost a big player there tomorrow on top of Summerville's injury.

Brum might just fancy it for this reason. Really feel for Farke. He's having it rough, but I said the first 6-7 games to mid September would be up and down and its gonna prove that way.

Ah fuck off, really????

I transferred him in for Gnoto. :(

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Thought Coventry would have struggled a bit without Gyorkes and now Hamer. Fair play so far, especially after just losing to the Man City of the Championship. :ph34r:

There's still time for them to bottle a 1-0 lead like they've done in their past 2 games... 

• Administrator

We're struggling with Huddersfield's physicality. It's one thing this season I'll worry about and an area where teams will better us. 

4 goals at Southampton already. 2-2.

• Administrator

Gritty win, not pretty in the slightest but in this league you have to grind out those kind of wins. Especially against a Warnock side who nearly hit us on the counter a few times. 

3 out of 3 this season so far. And we'll only get better with a few more signings. 

I can't believe the state of this club and where it's gotten itself into. From where Bielsa took it, to what the previous regime (and current one) now have it.

Everything that can go wrong, goes wrong for us right now. Two games in and I've not missed this league at all. Absolute dire.

We've played two reasonably poor sides in terms of actual quality and yet we've massively struggled.

Cardiff was ok from us although mistakes shot us in the foot and we had to play too many squre oegs in round holes. But today, was abysmal.

What can you expect with 3 strikers injured, 3 wingers out (2 refusing to play), another 5 injured, not really done much in the window yet compared to everyone else.

What can you do when you have Gelhardt up front who is not a 9, Shackleton, Poveda and James as your attacking four? That is lower half stuff. We couldn't even fill the bench and we've just been relegated. Joke.

Farke is absoluted fucked, I feel for him. It's a nigh on impossible job at the moment to get this club to a level it should be competitive at and he's had such an unfair task.

We have a 17 year old we're having to field in centre mid, and fair play to the lad, Archie Gray is a phenominal talent, but we should not be relying on him.

These owners are going to find out the wrath of the fans pretty quickly if they dont pull their finger out and support the manager because he's crying out for bodies.

I knew the start would be slow, but that today was so so bad, I cannot see us picking up a single win till after the international break at this rate.

One things for sure, its no surprise to me we went down when you see the attitude and commitment that the relegated squad has given back to us when we needed them. Completely gutless and cowardly behaviour and this is without doubt, one of the worst periods I can remember supporting this club, and I include many of the drab years down here when we went nowhere.

Edited by Lucas

• Subscriber

My gut instinct on us is that we are going to deliver this season - we're already creating the habit of winning games even without playing particularly well and I think we have so much room for improvement that is actually achievable with both time and transfer business.

Maresca will be really happy with this so far - early banana skins overcome when we're playing nowhere near our true potential.

I'm enjoying football again. All I ask for.

Good comeback for Rovers to nick a draw when it all looked dead and buried. Strong start so far, but that's something we are familiar with.

Leicester haven't really convinced yet or played particularly well but I think as the season progresses, they will start to run away with it. Leeds on the otherhand....

• Subscriber
16 hours ago, N U F C said:

I think Leicester are gonna piss it 

If I had a gun to my head I would have us to win the league as I think we've got the most gears to go up and even this early we're demonstrating some good signs. But this does hinge on us getting some more players in - we're doing this while playing Vestergaard (who is a very dodgy defender), rotating youth prospects on the wing and a pretty robotic 'destroyer' midfielder in Ndidi as one of our attacking 8s. I like his system and I think we've played the occasion bit of lovely football and I think when you add better fits to that, we are going to be a class above others in the league.

What was good about this weekend is that the other two relegated sides are showing big cracks. I didn't want Russell Martin when we were linked - do not get the clamour over him one bit. He finishes midtable year in, year out, his sides ship loads of goals. Strikes me as very much style over substance.

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, Dan said:

If I had a gun to my head I would have us to win the league as I think we've got the most gears to go up and even this early we're demonstrating some good signs. But this does hinge on us getting some more players in - we're doing this while playing Vestergaard (who is a very dodgy defender), rotating youth prospects on the wing and a pretty robotic 'destroyer' midfielder in Ndidi as one of our attacking 8s. I like his system and I think we've played the occasion bit of lovely football and I think when you add better fits to that, we are going to be a class above others in the league.

What was good about this weekend is that the other two relegated sides are showing big cracks. I didn't want Russell Martin when we were linked - do not get the clamour over him one bit. He finishes midtable year in, year out, his sides ship loads of goals. Strikes me as very much style over substance.

It's worked out like a dream for Leicester really because they'll be no challenge from us with all our issues. Absolute mess we are in 2 games in and it'll be a total steady the ship job this season for Farke, with a view to promotion next year in our case. Very deflating stuff, got 10th place finish written all over it.

I think Saints will always be up there for the sheer amount of goals they have in the team but you've had the less disruption of anyone really, its been a smooth transition for you and its absolutely yours to lose.

Might well be that someone emerges from last years contingent and steals in. Perhaps someone like a Coventry who seem to have strengthened well.