talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

2 hours ago, Stan said:

EGE8mePXoAIBY-5?format=jpg&name=900x900

Also, why have 3 races in Europe then go east to Azerbaijan then a long-way west to Canada then back to Europe in France?

Many aspects of their logistic never made much sense to me. They could save a lot of time and money if they changed a few things. Singapore - Russia - Japan - USA doesn't make much sense either. 

• Subscriber

More reports that Igora Drive near St. Petersburg might be replacing Sochi as the circuit of the Russian GP: https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/07/why-sochi-may-yet-lose-the-russian-grand-prix-to-igora-drive/

Would be a welcome move. The track looks decent and the initial feedback from the DTM drivers has been extremely positive.

8 hours ago, MUFC said:

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Why do people keep asking him questions? Leave him alone. 

I've usually always hated these types of conversations and debates. Different eras mean such different things. Why can't we just say that Hamilton is the greatest in his generation, whereas the same can be said either Schumacher and Senna? 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

This is somewhat surprising as Putin is such a massive Sochi guy, so you'd think he'd do whatever in his power to keep it in Sochi. 

St. Petersburg though...what a fantastic city it is. 

Sochi is set to undergo a lot of new developments apparently so I understand that's the main reason why they'd want the race to be relocated to another circuit.

St. Petersburg is indeed fantastic... but the track is over 70 km away haha.

Just now, nudge said:

Sochi is set to undergo a lot of new developments apparently so I understand that's the main reason why they'd want the race to be relocated to another circuit.

St. Petersburg is indeed fantastic... but the track is over 70 km away haha.

From St. Petersburg? Christ that's not that close at all. I wonder what the transportation is like there for an F1 race. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Eco said:

From St. Petersburg? Christ that's not that close at all. I wonder what the transportation is like there for an F1 race. 

Igora is the name of the ski resort complex there (and the circuit is nearby) so the road infrastructure should be decent. Bus and trains for sure. A good thing is actually very reachable for the Finns too so that would almost certainly serve as a "home race" for them.

• Upvote 1

Carlos Sainz now has a YouTube Channel. Here is his first video, "Don't blink EP1"

Gonna watch it later. I really like Carlos. Real humble and funny guy. Hell of a driver too as this season shows. 

28 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How many times did you complete it before you made your dream come true?

Honestly, only once. And I clicked that my favourite social media is instagram, which is very unlike Seb, and still got that result. I defeated the laws of the game. 

• Haha 1