talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber

I agree that Verstappen is a nobhead. Absolutely reckless move on Hamilton at the end of the first lap but he gets away with it because he pulls out a stunning qualifying or race performance once every five Grands Prix and then acts cocky as if he's delivering it every week and for some reason people buy into it.

Time for him to grow up. He's not in Vettel or Hamilton's league, not even in Ricciardo's league.

13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Absolutely class from Seb, serious respect for this (and quite right).

The dutch press is seriously cringeworthy when it comes to Max. And yes, to be honest, that's how Seb is. Honest down to earth guy, who can sometimes be carried away by his emotions. Absolutely class that he supported Lewis in that situation. 

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I'll never understand how people think Max will finish above Ricciardo, for example. Max is a great talent, and he got the pace, but Danny is a much more complete driver. 

Max reminds me of a young Hamilton but not as fast. Lewis went straight into a top seat and had a steep and very public learning curve for his first few years. His best year was actually his debut season in 2007, then 2008 onwards although he won the title that year were riddled with mistakes and petulance culminating in the 2011 campaign where he has his arse handed to him by Jenson Button who was a top driver but no Vettel or Alonso. He has matured as a driver if not so much as a person since then.

Verstappen is even younger than Lewis was when he burst onto the scene and the hype around him is so great that there's a lot of pressure. However at the moment he looks like he'll always be good enough as an occasional race winner in an occasionally race winning team but if Red Bull get back to being consistent front runners he's not good enough to beat Vettel or Hamilton in a straight fight if Ricciardo moves to Ferrari as rumoured. Max is the type of driver who could win 9 races in a year and finish 2nd in the Championship being a more consistent rival with 6 or 7 wins.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BartraPique1932 said:

Vettel organised a private jet for the mechanic in order to make sure he will travel back to Italy, where he will have his surgery, at the optimal time.

Source?

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Nevermind, found it myself. Go fuck yourself. Jooooooke 

First i wanted to link the Spiegel article, but then I tried to find a English source for our non-teutonic friends.

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

He underwent surgery in Bahrain, but it seems that Vettel helped organise his trip back with the private jet, so still very nice of him. 

Oops, I misunderstood. Thanks for the correction.