talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Not seen qualifying yet. Was it really as bad for Merc as I’m hearing?

They were struggling with tyres I think, but they are definitely not the fastest car on the grid anymore as well. It looks like Ferrari made an amazing job with the car; they have a much better grip, and they seem to have (almost?) caught up with Mercedes in terms of engine power too. Whatever it is, I'm happy as we're set for an exciting season, it seems!

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Surprising but let's see how the race pace is. People can call Ferrari the faster car but Vettel has won both races with a Mercedes right up his arse for the closing laps. 

Useless Bottas outqualifying Hamilton again anyway.

7 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I hope Mercedes can do something tomorrow, not because I support Hamilton but because I always want competitive racing. I can remember cheering Vettel on in Bahrain last year when he was winning, not because I wanted him to take the championship but so that there could be an actual challenge rather than it being a given who was going to take the chequered flag. 

Interesting how Mercedes went about their business with the soft tyre and it looks to have bitten them on the backside a bit. Fingers crossed they have an ace up their sleeve. 

Mercedes will be stronger tomorrow, because it won't be as cold as today. And they have the better race car in general, because it doesn't eat the tires as quickly and runs faster on yellow and white.

Btw Hamilton's 2nd hotlap in Q2 was brilliant, very promising.

Edited by BartraPique1932